(Trying) to authenticate grip purchases online...

Hello,

My favorite grips are the 2013 Golf Pride special edition masters grips (they are green/white with yellow "Golf Pride" and they are slightly thinner and significantly more cord-like than the normal NDMCs).

I try to pick these up at every opportunity but they are getting harder and harder to find.  So, two questions:

1. Is there a good way to vet these grips online for authenticity?  There are some eBay auctions up right now for some, but none are from authorized dealers or people with tons of feedback.

2. Does anyone know any grips that golf pride did with this "feel" for some other special event I could get instead?

Thanks in advance,

PSG

PXG x0811 10.5* -.5" Kuro Kage Dual Core Silver 60TX

Ping G30 3w stock regular -2" 3h 4h stock stiff

Bridgestone j40 5-LW x100

Taylormade Spider X

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, pinestreetgolf said:

Hello,

My favorite grips are the 2013 Golf Pride special edition masters grips (they are green/white with yellow "Golf Pride" and they are slightly thinner and significantly more cord-like than the normal NDMCs).

I try to pick these up at every opportunity but they are getting harder and harder to find.  So, two questions:

1. Is there a good way to vet these grips online for authenticity?  There are some eBay auctions up right now for some, but none are from authorized dealers or people with tons of feedback.

2. Does anyone know any grips that golf pride did with this "feel" for some other special event I could get instead?

Thanks in advance,

PSG

I loved that grip too and swapped to fill cord when it got hard to find.  

I believe the “ whiteout “ version is what you want.  It’s a stiffer grip with more cord. 

as far as online vetting.  Good luck.  Smell is a tale tell sign of fakes after you get them.  The fakes have an obvious stink to them.  Very non rubber smell.  

Edited by bladehunter

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red 6x 

TM RBZ 14* Addi 8x 

Ping g410 17.5* synergy blue 70TX 

Miura MC-501 3-Pw modus 130x 

Artisan 53 59 modus 130s 

Cameron GSS 009  1.5 , sound slot , tungsten sole weights , head speed shaft.