2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

pogiwuns bag

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

neat set up!
and welcome to GolfWRX, if my experience is anything to go by you'll start to buy a lot of new equipment :P
on a serious note, its a great place to be and you'll learn a lot about golf (if you haven't already) and meet a lot of friendly new golfers, enjoy

how long have you been playing for??
do those clubs work well for you?

For a beginner. Your bag is well stocked!

Callaway GBB Epic 10.5* - HZRDUS 5.5

Callaway GBB Epic 15* - HZRDUS 6.0

Adams Idea Pro 18* - Proto 80-S
Adams Idea A7 22* - Axivcore 85 S

Nike Pro Combo OS: 5-PW - Rifle 5.5

TaylorMade MG Hi-Toe 52* & 58* Big Foot - HI-REV 2.0
Yes! Callie

Vice Golf Tour

[quote name='Boosty16' post='866913' date='Jan 16 2008, 05:58 PM']Is that 4 wedges I see? or 5? My suggestion is put two of those away if your a beginner. Once you learn how to hit them correctly is the time to put another one in let alone 2!!![/quote]

I agree with this statement. I played 4 wedges last summer to and it was my first season but have realized that i need to simplify my game at the end. Im going 54-58 now and i think its gonna be very benificial. It doesn't seem like a big deal but if you can learn to make all the shots with one club first, then doing it with 4 your really good. My uncle only uses a pw from his set of eye 2's to do everything. Im like you though. I'm building a superset and can't golf for s***.

Driver - Ping G425 Max 10.5 w Ventus Blue Velocore 60x
3 Wood - Ping G425 Max 14.5 w Ventus Blue Velocore 70x
Utility - Callaway Apex UW 19 w Ventus Blue Velocore 80x
Irons - Srixon ZX7 MKII 4-GW w $ Taper 130x
Sand Wedge - Titleist Vokey SM9 54.12D to 55.13D w S400 Dynamic Gold Tour
Lob Wedge - Titleist Vokey SM9 60.08M w S400 Dynamic Gold Tour
Putter - Taylormade Spider Tour w 35in Stability Tour

Thanks for the positive comments guys. I have 4 Vokey Wedges. 48,52,56, + 60. I just use the 48 and 56 for now. I did not pay retail for anything except the bag. The clubs were all 10-20% since The Golf Mart does price matches on everything. I just took my first lesson today. (6) 30 min lessons for $300. Does that sound reasonable? I learned the proper grip , stance and he watched me hit some balls. The instructor was using video analysis and said I was not opening the club face during impact. It kind of seemed like the instructor was more worried about getting $ than helping me. Sound I jump ship and try someone else? Anyone know a good instructor in San Francisco?

[quote name='pogiwun' post='867423' date='Jan 17 2008, 03:12 PM']Thanks for the positive comments guys. I have 4 Vokey Wedges. 48,52,56, + 60. I just use the 48 and 56 for now. I did not pay retail for anything except the bag. The clubs were all 10-20% since The Golf Mart does price matches on everything. I just took my first lesson today. (6) 30 min lessons for $300. Does that sound reasonable? I learned the proper grip , stance and he watched me hit some balls. The instructor was using video analysis and said I was not opening the club face during impact. It kind of seemed like the instructor was more worried about getting $ than helping me. Sound I jump ship and try someone else? Anyone know a good instructor in San Francisco?[/quote]

can you elaborate on your instructor???
it doesn't sound very good if after the first lesson you think he's more concerned about money than your swing
and computer analysis seems a bit much for the first lesson...

kitsoasis -

The instructor brought me to the range in a room with video analysis and had me swing at a few balls to check out my swing. He then showed me my flaws and told me I wasn't opening the club face and how it wasn't squared. He then showed me the swings of Annika Sorenstams and Tiger Woods. He told me to practice looking in a mirror to see if the club face was at 45 degrees. After the video he showed me the proper grip on how to make a V with my right hand. I had been gripping the club wrong. He told me to put the right hand more over the top of the club. After that he made me hold the top of the swing to keep my left arm straight and to make a shoulder turn. I still wasn't used to gripping the club and I kept adjusting my hands. He also taught me how to keep my feet parallel. He gave me a grip corrector and told me to practice holding it. After the lesson it seemed like he was more about the $. He told me to pay him $300 for 6 (30 min) lessons and said he accepts check and credit card. I told him I thought I was paying for just 1 lesson and paying the rest later. He told me to pay $100 now and $200 next time for the next 5 lessons. He seemed pushy which pissed me off.

[quote name='pogiwun' post='868181' date='Jan 17 2008, 10:10 AM']kitsoasis -

The instructor brought me to the range in a room with video analysis and had me swing at a few balls to check out my swing. He then showed me my flaws and told me I wasn't opening the club face and how it wasn't squared. He then showed me the swings of Annika Sorenstams and Tiger Woods. He told me to practice looking in a mirror to see if the club face was at 45 degrees. After the video he showed me the proper grip on how to make a V with my right hand. I had been gripping the club wrong. He told me to put the right hand more over the top of the club. After that he made me hold the top of the swing to keep my left arm straight and to make a shoulder turn. I still wasn't used to gripping the club and I kept adjusting my hands. He also taught me how to keep my feet parallel. He gave me a grip corrector and told me to practice holding it. After the lesson it seemed like he was more about the $. He told me to pay him $300 for 6 (30 min) lessons and said he accepts check and credit card. I told him I thought I was paying for just 1 lesson and paying the rest later. He told me to pay $100 now and $200 next time for the next 5 lessons. He seemed pushy which pissed me off.[/quote]

Yes, it sounds like he was pushy. Still seeing a pricey set-up like that with a beginner, he probably thought you were ready to spend some more money, and would push for one more sale.

Way to hold your ground! If you liked him, try it again and see if he respects that you've told him some boundaries.

Or try another instructor, and see what they say.

[quote name='pogiwun' post='868181' date='Jan 17 2008, 08:10 PM']kitsoasis -

The instructor brought me to the range in a room with video analysis and had me swing at a few balls to check out my swing. He then showed me my flaws and told me I wasn't opening the club face and how it wasn't squared. He then showed me the swings of Annika Sorenstams and Tiger Woods. He told me to practice looking in a mirror to see if the club face was at 45 degrees. After the video he showed me the proper grip on how to make a V with my right hand. I had been gripping the club wrong. He told me to put the right hand more over the top of the club. After that he made me hold the top of the swing to keep my left arm straight and to make a shoulder turn. I still wasn't used to gripping the club and I kept adjusting my hands. He also taught me how to keep my feet parallel. He gave me a grip corrector and told me to practice holding it. After the lesson it seemed like he was more about the $. He told me to pay him $300 for 6 (30 min) lessons and said he accepts check and credit card. I told him I thought I was paying for just 1 lesson and paying the rest later. He told me to pay $100 now and $200 next time for the next 5 lessons. He seemed pushy which pissed me off.[/quote]

Sounds like a fair start on the lessons, not so sure about the payment scheme, but at the end of the day you have to stick at it and practice between lessons or none of it will sink in. He only has so much time so he has probably told you too much in one session, the trick is to remember it all and go and apply it all again and again until it becomes second nature

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...