2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Help Needed Purchasing a Circle T from the SC Gallery

BluehoseGolf

Hello WRX!

Looking to tap into the knowledge of this forum to understand what the process is for purchasing a Circle T from the Scotty Cameron Gallery in Encinitas. My fiancé has graciously offered to buy me one as a wedding present (you can see why I am marrying her), so we have planned a trip to San Diego in February to do some site seeing but to also make this trip to the gallery.

For those who have been to the gallery recently, what is the process like? I understand that it is window shopping only and someone will come out to you to assist with purchases, but do you tell them the putter that you're looking for and then they see what they have? I will be calling them directly to get some answers as well, but wanted to see if I could crowd source some knowledge from this forum.

Also, please let me know if there other questions I should be asking! And before I read the cheeky remarks - yes I know these are expensive and won't help me make more putts by just purchasing. However, this is a super unique and awesome gift and want to make sure I've done all my research before heading out there.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

• Like 3

WITB:

Who knows?

• BluehoseGolf changed the title to Help Needed Purchasing a Circle T from the SC Gallery
6 minutes ago, tssgj65 said:

Been there a few times.  For what you are spending they will fit you.  We all have preconceived notions on what we like/want but go in there with an open mind and get fit to what you do with your stroke and putting concept.

When was the last time you went if you don't mind me asking? I wasn't sure they still doing fittings, from my understanding this was still not available post pandemic but I hope I am wrong 🙂

If I am wrong, how do I schedule one?

WITB:

Who knows?

Fittings are still closed, per Cameron Collector forums no idea when they will reopen to pulbic if ever.  It's wild seeing this CT thing evolve into where it is now, used to be you could buy one from Rand of Art of Putters for retail.  Now you have to fight 1000's of people online for 6 putters a week.  The flippers are really all that is available to us mortals, and their pricing is insane.  I regret letting go of every CT I owned now since they are worth 4x what I paid for them.

• Sad 1

Callaway 10.5* Paradym X

TaylorMade 16.5 Stealth HL

Callaway Epic Flash Heavenwood

Callaway Paradym X 24* 5H

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 6 iron thru UW
Vokey SM8 54*/10* S Grind
Vokey SM8 58*/12* K Grind
T.P Mills Custom PN MIng
Odyssey 38" Tank #7 (a work in Progress)

30 minutes ago, drscott266 said:

Fittings are still closed, per Cameron Collector forums no idea when they will reopen to pulbic if ever.  It's wild seeing this CT thing evolve into where it is now, used to be you could buy one from Rand of Art of Putters for retail.  Now you have to fight 1000's of people online for 6 putters a week.  The flippers are really all that is available to us mortals, and their pricing is insane.  I regret letting go of every CT I owned now since they are worth 4x what I paid for them.

I agree, especially for someone like myself who is only looking to purchase 1 to actually game. I'm going to head out there with low expectations but hoping to find something awesome

WITB:

Who knows?

1 hour ago, BluehoseGolf said:

When was the last time you went if you don't mind me asking? I wasn't sure they still doing fittings, from my understanding this was still not available post pandemic but I hope I am wrong 🙂

If I am wrong, how do I schedule one?

It's been prior to pandemic so I'm unaware of what they are doing currently.  They used to do scheduled fittings and customize for you.

You can find some used Circle T Scottys on 2ndswing.com. By the way, congratulations!

• Like 1

Taylormade BRNR  13.5* UST ProForce 65 Retro Burner R

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19*  UST MAMIYA RECOIL 75 DART S

Ping i525   5 - PW  Ping AWT 2.0 S

Taylormade MG4 48* TT DG Tour Issue X100

Taylormade MG4 52* TT DG Tour Issue X100

Callaway PM Grind 19 Tour Grey 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0

Callaway PM Grind Black 59* TT DG Tour Issue X100

Titliest Vokey SM9 Brushed Steel 60*/04L TT DG S200

Odyssey Ai-ONE Rossie S Putter

Callaway 24'Chrome Tour Yellow/Titliest 24' PRO V1

Would love to learn more about your experience! Please update this poste after Feb 🙂

Congrats on the engagement btw!

Paradym 9 + Vanquish

Stealth 2+ 3w + Ventus Blue

Callaway UT 2024 Tour Issue 18 + KBS PGH

Mizuno 923 Tour 4-P + ProjectX LZ

Cleveland RTX 6 50 55 60

Toulon Design Vista + BGT Tour Stability

8 hours ago, tssgj65 said:

It's been prior to pandemic so I'm unaware of what they are doing currently.  They used to do scheduled fittings and customize for you.

I wish that was the case. They are no longer doing fittings according to what I was told by the concierge and that they can’t promise what products will be in stock. 

• Like 1

WITB:

Who knows?

No fittings and it’s just complete luck as to what they have or allow you to purchase. It’s also still not fully open like the old days. Biggest piece of advice is to go there with low expectations, unfortunately. 

Titleist TSi3 10* w/ Tour AD GP-6
Titleist U510 16* w/ HZRDUS Smoke 
Titleist 818H2 21* w/ Alidila Rogue 
Titleist 712 AP2 w/ X100
Titleist Vokey SM6 50/56/60
Scotty Cameron 009 1.5 Neck

3 hours ago, Arizonalefty59 said:

No fittings and it’s just complete luck as to what they have or allow you to purchase. It’s also still not fully open like the old days. Biggest piece of advice is to go there with low expectations, unfortunately. 

Yea that's the mindset I am going to head out there with. It's super unfortunate because the secondary market, i.e. the flippers, have ruined trying to snag one of these putters. I get it from a business perspective that it could be lucrative for them, but I have trouble understanding from Scotty's view why he hasn't tried to stop this in some way (albeit I'm sure that's darn near impossible)

WITB:

Who knows?

26 minutes ago, BluehoseGolf said:

Yea that's the mindset I am going to head out there with. It's super unfortunate because the secondary market, i.e. the flippers, have ruined trying to snag one of these putters. I get it from a business perspective that it could be lucrative for them, but I have trouble understanding from Scotty's view why he hasn't tried to stop this in some way (albeit I'm sure that's darn near impossible)

Oh yea 100%. The flippers completely killed the gallery for all of us collectors. Really stinks 

Titleist TSi3 10* w/ Tour AD GP-6
Titleist U510 16* w/ HZRDUS Smoke 
Titleist 818H2 21* w/ Alidila Rogue 
Titleist 712 AP2 w/ X100
Titleist Vokey SM6 50/56/60
Scotty Cameron 009 1.5 Neck

I feel for you, the current CT situation is pretty impossible to navigate at present. It may not be popular but the only sure fire way to get one is figure out what fits you in a retail model than purchase the CT model from a flipper. The prices are insane currently but they are authentic when purchased from the right sellers.  Best of luck, and congrats on the engagement 

• 2 months later...

Was there today; friendly team bought a hoodie and key chain but no putters. I too just looking to purchase a once in a lifetime gamer but the flippers ruin the experience as supply is so limited. Here till friday from canada and will try again but really unlikely putters will be available. Understandably disappointed but like i said a really friendly professional team!

Qi10 LS 8 degree HZRDUS T-1100
BRNR mini driver 11.5 HZRDUS HULK 

Epic Rogue 7 wood

Epic Flash 9 wood

5-7 Miura pp 9003 black oxide

8-Pw Miura Tournament blades

52 degree f grind 60 degree T Grind, 68  degree  
Mezz Max

8 hours ago, 1crusader said:

Was there today; friendly team bought a hoodie and key chain but no putters. I too just looking to purchase a once in a lifetime gamer but the flippers ruin the experience as supply is so limited. Here till friday from canada and will try again but really unlikely putters will be available. Understandably disappointed but like i said a really friendly professional team!

Are you saying if you travel all the way to the Gallery there are no putters for sale?  What a huge bummer.  Especially because the OTR designs are garish.  

Edited by So_Cal
Spelling

Checking back in on my experience to the gallery. Overall, it was a cool experience to see it (albeit in a limited capacity in a window shopping setting). I went twice and both days they did not have any putters for sale which was unfortunate but did end up purchasing a headcover, hat and a polo.

I chatted with the reps who are super friendly and engaging there to discuss my story and what I was looking for. Unfortunately they are in a really tough position (definitely in part due to the secondary "flippers" market) as they cannot satisfy every request for people looking to purchase CT putters as the tour putters are extremely limited for sale because 1) obviously they are meant for tour players and b) the stock is very limited and timing of when they receive them is unknown. That said, they are constantly put into the position of telling people no. It is pretty clear to tell the folks that visit the gallery that are there to flip products vs. true enthusiasts looking for something unique (or a first time CT buyer).

My recommendation would be chatting with a member of the staff to discuss what you are looking for and tell them your story. There is no guarantee that you will get a putter but given that they are the best resources for all things Scotty Cameron, I don't see how this can hurt.

In the future I would love to go back to a fully open / stocked store to see the unique offerings that they have historically provided. Honestly, I'd love for them to open a museum with all of the famous SC putters that have been used to win the biggest tournaments.

WITB:

Who knows?

9 hours ago, 1crusader said:

Best of luck when you go back to the gallery! Highly recommend eating at the Taco Stand right down the street if you're in town for a bite. The line tends to be long but it is absolutely worth the wait.

WITB:

Who knows?

1 hour ago, So_Cal said:

Are you saying if you travel all the way to the Gallery there are no putters for sale?  What a huge bummer.  Especially because the OTR designs are garish.  

That's not necessarily the case, they will randomly put them out for sale during random hours on random days. Truly depends on what is available / when they receive it.

WITB:

Who knows?

5 hours ago, BluehoseGolf said:

Checking back in on my experience to the gallery. Overall, it was a cool experience to see it (albeit in a limited capacity in a window shopping setting). I went twice and both days they did not have any putters for sale which was unfortunate but did end up purchasing a headcover, hat and a polo.

I chatted with the reps who are super friendly and engaging there to discuss my story and what I was looking for. Unfortunately they are in a really tough position (definitely in part due to the secondary "flippers" market) as they cannot satisfy every request for people looking to purchase CT putters as the tour putters are extremely limited for sale because 1) obviously they are meant for tour players and b) the stock is very limited and timing of when they receive them is unknown. That said, they are constantly put into the position of telling people no. It is pretty clear to tell the folks that visit the gallery that are there to flip products vs. true enthusiasts looking for something unique (or a first time CT buyer).

My recommendation would be chatting with a member of the staff to discuss what you are looking for and tell them your story. There is no guarantee that you will get a putter but given that they are the best resources for all things Scotty Cameron, I don't see how this can hurt.

In the future I would love to go back to a fully open / stocked store to see the unique offerings that they have historically provided. Honestly, I'd love for them to open a museum with all of the famous SC putters that have been used to win the biggest tournaments.

Thanks for the details.  I guess I don’t buy the meant for tour player spiel that much.  There aren’t that many tour players period, let alone players who game a Scotty.  If they said they keep supply limited to maintain demand I will buy that.  

5 hours ago, BluehoseGolf said:

Also makes the custom PLD program that much more impressive.  Not hating on Scotty but what Ping is doing is really cool.  Designed and made in the USA for a fraction of a standard circle T. 

Went back today had a great chat with the sales associate who gave me a business card and said reach out and start a relationship through email. Seems like they really are doing the best they can to weed out flippers. Went to grab pizza and then headed back for the 130 opening. Low and behold 1 tour rat 1 masterful

and 1 tour 5 mallet. I was 4th in line......so

was gonna be first loser ha ha! Luckily guy ahead of me was local and wanted blade only..........so.......

got this guy and an extra headcover.......i couldnt be happier

E20CFC28-F64A-4FBA-9A2D-898B34C713D9.jpeg

476626F9-1818-4A6C-89F8-91A0353A5B64.jpeg

E1EAE24F-8EF4-4A29-B4CB-6E0372059E09.jpeg

3C37E0BA-7023-4499-9435-285D97FD752E.jpeg

• Like 4

Qi10 LS 8 degree HZRDUS T-1100
BRNR mini driver 11.5 HZRDUS HULK 

Epic Rogue 7 wood

Epic Flash 9 wood

5-7 Miura pp 9003 black oxide

8-Pw Miura Tournament blades