2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

$79.99 Full Bag Fitting from PGA Tour Superstore

tanguy

Neat. Great price for a no strings attached fitting - like when CC does it but its only $99 if you buy something or etc.

My location says its a 'Tour Van Fitting' and it's $99 for full bag.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / CHICAGOTC

Well I'm a first timer for getting fitted, but I guess I'll at least get a pretty good $79 workout next Friday.

• Haha 1

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

I just signed up. Does anyone have experience with this versus a Club Champion club fitting? I skimmed some old threads on PGA Tour fittings, but does anyone here have more recent info with these Studio fittings (or heard any feedback), as the info in the previous thread was 2 years old.

Edited by dcl5dcl5
  • Like 1

Just booked my fitting, first timer for me as well. I’m sure the experience will differ depending on who your actual fitter is but post your experiences as everyone gets theirs done. I’d be interested in knowing how everyone’s went. 

Mine also said $299 still but assuming once paying in store, the price will be reduced 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dcl5dcl5 said:

Looks like this got extended to 8/31. I just signed up. Does anyone have experience with this versus a Club Champion club fitting? I skimmed some old threads on PGA Tour fittings, but does anyone here have more recent info with these Studio fittings (or heard any feedback), as the info in the previous thread was 2 years old.

Thanks for the update. I'm glad they extended it through August because the full bag fitting is 3 hours long. Some stores only have 1 fitter so they would only be able to fit 3 people doing a full bag fitting per day. 

• Like 1

On 7/22/2023 at 3:04 AM, dcl5dcl5 said:

Looks like this got extended to 8/31. I just signed up. Does anyone have experience with this versus a Club Champion club fitting? I skimmed some old threads on PGA Tour fittings, but does anyone here have more recent info with these Studio fittings (or heard any feedback), as the info in the previous thread was 2 years old.

Did they send an email or post this on their site? I didn’t see any info on an update. Thanks!

On 7/22/2023 at 7:41 AM, aypeeone said:

Just booked my fitting, first timer for me as well. I’m sure the experience will differ depending on who your actual fitter is but post your experiences as everyone gets theirs done. I’d be interested in knowing how everyone’s went. 

Mine also said $299 still but assuming once paying in store, the price will be reduced 

I had the same thought. I posted to a local facebook group asking whether anyone had experience with the available fitters and one of them was highly recommended so that's who I went with. I think the experience anywhere will definitely depend on the fitter. 

WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

Wow crazy that they would change it to 8/31 and then pull the switcheroo. Guess I won't cancel my fitting now on 7/31 - was hoping to push it back a few weeks. Surprised since both the site showed it and 5 iron Golf (who has the PGA studio) confirmed the 8/31 cutoff date. I guess we'll see what happens on 8/1.

I did mine yesterday with Bernard John at the Houston PGASS. No change to my club heads, but working on lots of shaft changes to stiffen them up more. Was able to tame my hook miss down to a draw and get my normal draw closer to straight. I have to go do a follow up after the shaft change to figure out my lie angles based on the ball flight with the new shafts. Good experience and I learned a lot, thanks for posting the deal.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mych said:

I did mine yesterday with Bernard John at the Houston PGASS. No change to my club heads, but working on lots of shaft changes to stiffen them up more. Was able to tame my hook miss down to a draw and get my normal draw closer to straight. I have to go do a follow up after the shaft change to figure out my lie angles based on the ball flight with the new shafts. Good experience and I learned a lot, thanks for posting the deal.

Thanks for posting the update. Did you go the full 3 hours and was wedges and putting fitting included? How much do they charge you for the follow-up?

On 7/29/2023 at 11:45 PM, dcl5dcl5 said:

Thanks for posting the update. Did you go the full 3 hours and was wedges and putting fitting included? How much do they charge you for the follow-up?

I only did 2 hours. I warmed up, hit about 7-10 balls each with my driver, 3W, 4i, 7i, PW, and sand wedge. Numbers were really good on my wedges. He didn't recommend doing a ton of wedge work unless I'm itching to buy new wedges. I do have a bit of a gap between my gap wedge and sand wedge, but we may address that by bending my gap wedge a little weaker after my shaft change. 

I decided not to do putter since my putting has been extremely consistent and I didn't want to go down a rabbit hole of new putters. I may go back at some point for a putter fitting, but that's one area where I didn't want to give myself any temptation.

He said there won't be a charge for the follow up. He suspects my lie change will be 2-4* flat, so he advised bending a couple clubs and hitting them to check the results real-time. They have a loft/lie machine in the fitting studio so it seems like a pretty quick process. As I said, this is my first time getting a fitting, so take my results with a grain of salt. That may not be the standard process, and obviously if I was ordering a new set they would have dialed in all of the specs with the fitting clubs. 

Edited by Mych
  • Like 1