2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Mac Ogrady

You can actually say one bad nine three maybe four bad holes. There are guys out there that have won majors but have not played much tournament golf making statements that they have not played a lot of golf under the gun.

It does not take much to lose you focus for three maybe four holes (heck) the guy turned it around if you ask me and when myself or some other amateur plays bad in the first round we say okay won't win but lets try and turn it around. I can tell you its much different than slapping it around with your buddies.

Anyone that is out there my hat is off to them and good luck. I would rather be playing than hanging out in front of the tv.

Driver Taylor SIM 2
3wd ping 425

5wd ping 425
Irons I500 Ping 4 - pw
ping answer 2 sig
58 ping eye-2
54 Jaws 4

2I driving iron Srixon New shaft carbon fiber steel
Titlist 1x

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can actually say one bad nine three maybe four bad holes. There are guys out there that have won majors but have not played much tournament golf making statements that they have not played a lot of golf under the gun.

It does not take much to lose you focus for three maybe four holes (heck) the guy turned it around if you ask me and when myself or some other amateur plays bad in the first round we say okay won't win but lets try and turn it around. I can tell you its much different than slapping it around with your buddies.

Anyone that is out there my hat is off to them and good luck. I would rather be playing than hanging out in front of the tv.

Great point. Mac probably made around $5,000 playing golf this week, plus any company endorsement spiffs he may have gotten. How much did any of us make playing golf this weekend? :rolleyes:

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

I'm a pretty big fan of O'Grady as well. I wasn't saying he wasn't a great player; of course he is. all i was saying is that he should get out on that tour in a committed way, pronto, if he thinks he wants to give it a go. there are great players on that tour, as we all know, and the big issue every year for those guys is "who is 49 on the other tour"? so if mac is going to get at it, he should get at it.

i'm not saying anything even remotely critical, just the obvious point of forget the pga tour and focus efforts on the champion's tour. there are too many guys on that tour that have excellent playing records. to put this another way: beating tiger is the ultimate rush for a pro, but after that nugget, wouldn't you love to beat Bernard Langer or Jay Haas? I would; those guys are both legends.

The bag:

Titleist 915 D2 driver

Titleist TS2 3 wood

Titleist 818 H1 3 & 4 hybrids

Mizuno MP-60 irons (5-PW)

Mizuno T-22 wedges

Odyssey Stroke Lab 2-ball

Great point. Mac probably made around $5,000 playing golf this week, plus any company endorsement spiffs he may have gotten. How much did any of us make playing golf this weekend? :rolleyes:

Kevin

I made 20 bucks on Thursday playing

Kevin

I made 20 bucks on Thursday playing

Ken,

You are $20 ahead of me!!! ;)

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

haha cant always tell internet "sarcasm" as the tone of voice doesnt really show up in font

You are right it is all about score, no spot for pictures on the scorecard, so other than the first round Mac played not too bad. But i was more wondering about how well he struck the ball in the tournament and even though sometimes like the point you made how they can be completely wrong when you are constantly hitting the fringe, but doing that three days in a row would be a bit strangesince Mac's ballstriking stats were consistently not too good.

You are overlooking a key point to my post: After you hit all 18 greens and a microphone is shoved in front of your face and they ask "Gee Kirby, you hit 18 greens and shot 73...are you the worst putter on tour or what?"

My thinking is you'd defend youself and say it the way it really was, with honesty and no whinie excuses.

I'm a pretty big fan of O'Grady as well. I wasn't saying he wasn't a great player; of course he is. all i was saying is that he should get out on that tour in a committed way, pronto, if he thinks he wants to give it a go. there are great players on that tour, as we all know, and the big issue every year for those guys is "who is 49 on the other tour"? so if mac is going to get at it, he should get at it.

i'm not saying anything even remotely critical, just the obvious point of forget the pga tour and focus efforts on the champion's tour. there are too many guys on that tour that have excellent playing records. to put this another way: beating tiger is the ultimate rush for a pro, but after that nugget, wouldn't you love to beat Bernard Langer or Jay Haas? I would; those guys are both legends.

Honestly, I don't believe I'll ever wakeup any morning even thinking about either of those players, my goals, whether ever reached or not, have always been a lot higher than that Rank. Now...I do wish I could compete against Tiger Woods...LOL...Maybe SliceFixer can do some magic on me!!! LOL

Honestly, I don't believe I'll ever wakeup any morning even thinking about either of those players, my goals, whether ever reached or not, have always been a lot higher than that Rank. Now...I do wish I could compete against Tiger Woods...LOL...Maybe SliceFixer can do some magic on me!!! LOL

I can feel Tiger shaking from here!

;) :D :rofl:

:rolleyes:

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

You know what my friend, as your still in damn good shape and haven't forgetten the "how" in scoring, you COULD do it.......IMOP.......

I have decided to always defer to fats, although I wish he would told me about Nina's BEFORE I was down in TXK. And one day, I want to belly-fight him for the handle "fats."

All I'm really saying is that if O'Grady keeps going about it this way, we are going to see him show up once every 6 weeks, making a Champion's tour cut but finishing 5th from the bottom, etc. If he is going to play competitive golf, it is not going to be on the PGA tour, nor is it going to be half in one tour and half in the other. Maybe you're right, fats, and the loftiest ambition is the one you should follow, but i think a pretty good alternative awaits if he would get on to it.

And I still say beating Bernard Langer would be pretty cool: impossible, but cool.

The bag:

Titleist 915 D2 driver

Titleist TS2 3 wood

Mizuno T-22 wedges

I have decided to always defer to fats, although I wish he would told me about Nina's BEFORE I was down in TXK. And one day, I want to belly-fight him for the handle "fats."

All I'm really saying is that if O'Grady keeps going about it this way, we are going to see him show up once every 6 weeks, making a Champion's tour cut but finishing 5th from the bottom, etc. If he is going to play competitive golf, it is not going to be on the PGA tour, nor is it going to be half in one tour and half in the other. Maybe you're right, fats, and the loftiest ambition is the one you should follow, but i think a pretty good alternative awaits if he would get on to it.

And I still say beating Bernard Langer would be pretty cool: impossible, but cool.

LOL...can't argue with that....

When kids dream about their golf future over a must make 12 footer on the putting green is it The John Deere Classic they have in their thoughts/dreams or the US Open? LOL

I would give a hand to anyone whom gives tournament golf a shot. It does not matter who your playing with its all in the head...

If he believes he can play on the PGA than his is... He has won more PGA events than me and everyone else on the forum...

All we can do is learn from that...Stats mean nothen.......

...Why is it important for others to jump in and tell us they think he sucks or is a has been?...

A lot of wannabe swing gurus & chip on the shoulder types, Kev. Let 'em hate.......:rolleyes:

I don't think we'll see much of Mac unless he gets funded ---- and that's a shame.

[i][color=#0000cd][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font][/b][/color][/i]

...Why is it important for others to jump in and tell us they think he sucks or is a has been?...

A lot of wannabe swing gurus & chip on the shoulder types, Kev. Let 'em hate.......:rolleyes:

I don't think we'll see much of Mac unless he gets funded ---- and that's a shame.

i'm not sure if this comment is appropriate. not everyone who contributes to the discussion is a wannabe anything, but might just want to have a conversation about how this guy could make an impact on the tour (senior or otherwise). i love the guy's swing, but question where he is going on the pga tour. i think he could do really well on the champion's tour... and i'm not a hater or wannabe anything, i just have an opinion. if it's incorrect, tell me why it is so without impugning my motives (of which I have none).

viewed in another way, a question about what kind of golf grips you use can receive the reply "you're just a wannabe pro shop owner, so your opinion doesn't matter..." there is too much of this on the board. we're just having a conversation; not everyone's opinion needs to be denigrated in this way.

my '02

The bag:

Titleist 915 D2 driver

Titleist TS2 3 wood

Mizuno T-22 wedges

Kevin

$1598. He probably lost money this week.

http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/s573/results.html

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

Kasco Pro

Look at all the guys that finished near the bottom and have recently won. Are you saying they should not show up next week??

Come on the Senior is the hardest tour in the world to just get in the field with the recent rule changes for q school.

now I know why he did not go to the senior tour school and went the regular tour school!!!

Driver Taylor SIM 2
3wd ping 425

5wd ping 425
Irons I500 Ping 4 - pw
ping answer 2 sig
58 ping eye-2
54 Jaws 4

2I driving iron Srixon New shaft carbon fiber steel
Titlist 1x

Kasco Pro

Look at all the guys that finished near the bottom and have recently won. Are you saying they should not show up next week??

Come on the Senior is the hardest tour in the world to just get in the field with the recent rule changes for q school.

now I know why he did not go to the senior tour school and went the regular tour school!!!

Not at all. All I said was he did not make 5k, and that I bet he lost money for the week when you consider caddie,lodging,food, and travel. Maybe next time he will make 100k who knows.

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

Most of the posts were civilized, but there were a few that went overboard and one would wonder what horrible thing Mac did to these people to cause such bitterness. It resembled a public stoning. LOL...maybe we bring Mac in for a cood cleaning and rid him of the evil spirits.

It's NOT Mac that brings out these "feelings" fats......it's SOME of his fans who worship him like he was Gandhi.......he's a VERY passionate man about golf........he's a genius in a LOT of ways.......he's a helluva' player......but, he's NOT some kind of "messiah" as some make him out to be........in fact, I'd bet that he's embarrassed by some of the overzealous praise that make him out to be some kind of god.......as I've said a bunch of times, I'm one of his biggest fans and respect him tremendously, but, I don't have a room in my home with a thousand pictures of him, some candles, and an alter......hehehehe

Most of the posts were civilized, but there were a few that went overboard and one would wonder what horrible thing Mac did to these people to cause such bitterness. It resembled a public stoning. LOL...maybe we bring Mac in for a cood cleaning and rid him of the evil spirits.

It's NOT Mac that brings out these "feelings" fats......it's SOME of his fans who worship him like he was Gandhi.......he's a VERY passionate man about golf........he's a genius in a LOT of ways.......he's a helluva' player......but, he's NOT some kind of "messiah" as some make him out to be........in fact, I'd bet that he's embarrassed by some of the overzealous praise that make him out to be some kind of god.......as I've said a bunch of times, I'm one of his biggest fans and respect him tremendously, but, I don't have a room in my home with a thousand pictures of him, some candles, and an alter......hehehehe

Slice, if you change your mind about the alter, you can borrow mine. ;) :D :rofl:

Kevin

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

I say we scub him with the ol' wire brush just for the heck of it...LOL...He's got it coiming letting Gary Player beat him...gheeezz, ridiculous...an old man who wears his pants up under his armpits beats the folk hero...LOL

Yeah, thats right, worshipping a player or a teacher is just plain wrong, and we don't encourage it around here

;)

post-20359-1205228140-1.jpg

Man, that must be one tough tour to get status on. I see Bruce Vaughn who finished 44th on last years money list as a season long Monday qualifier is still Monday qualifying this year.

What are the rules for how you obtain status?

The top 35 on the seasons end money list are exempt, and all of that seasons tournament winners. The all time money leaders are also exempt, but I am not sure how many of them.

• 2 months later...

i see a lot of mac ogrady on here, can anyone tell me who that is and what his significance is with golfwrx

Ping G425 Max 9*

Ping G425 Max 14.5*

Ping G425 17* & 19*

Titleist T100 4-6

Titleist 620MB 7-PW

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 52* & 58*

Odyssey White Hot OG 7s

Sun Mountain Mid Stripe