Ping S57

First, Titleist comes out with AP's that are just inbred MacGregor Mactecs and Ping S58s. And now these Ping S57s look just like the S58s except with Rapture soles and toes slapped on the bottom. Just more evidence that barring the invention or application of some new metal, designers may have hit the wall in what new stuff they can create. Then you have have Taylormade that already hit the wall, bounced off, went over the rail and burst into flame with their new Tour Burner offerings.

HA!

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rommel,

Looks great without the s57 logo.

Thanks Jebb.

We'll have to wait almost a year in Europe to see if, besides looks, they are a worthy successor of the S58 in terms of feel, forgiveness and playability...

Have a great game.

Ping G430 MAX 10.5º. GD Tour AD IZ 6S

PXG 0311 XF GEN6 #4 & #7. UST Proforce V2 6F4

Maltby KE4 Tour RS 22º. FST Pro 115S

Maltby TE+ Forged 25º ~ 45º. FST Pro 115S

Maltby TSW Forged 50º, 55º & 60º. FST Pro 115S

EVNROLL ER5 CS Hatchback

I'm more interested in seeing the Raptures and how they've improved those. I hope they are going to re-design them to be aimed more at the Players rather then as Game Improvement Irons. I have the current Raptures and have always felt them to be too chunky and with far too much offset. Would much prefer it they brought out a set with a headsize and offset compareable with say the I5.

I'm more interested in seeing the Raptures and how they've improved those. I hope they are going to re-design them to be aimed more at the Players rather then as Game Improvement Irons. I have the current Raptures and have always felt them to be too chunky and with far too much offset. Would much prefer it they brought out a set with a headsize and offset compareable with say the I5.

I do find the S57 to be slighter bigger in size compared to S58, so you might want to look into those.

PING G430 LST 9°
PING G430 LST FW #3
PING G430 HY #2
PING G410 Crossover #3
PING i525 #5,
PING i59 #6-PW
PING Glide 4.0 50°, 54°, 60°
PING PLD Anser 2D, Patina finish

I think they look good. I'd prefer the orange be black, but they still look nice.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60, KBS CT Tour, 35"
Maxfli Tour Yellow

You are definitely right. I hit a few balls the other day with the cavity of my S58s and they have the perfect color and font. I believe what made the shots fly so well was the font size in particular. Really comes in handy when you have to extract a ball from a lousy lie with a backhanded shot. Now that you mention it, probably the orange graphics and font of the G10 driver were the main reason the shot was wayward and needed a backhand swipe.

Don't have an opinion or Sandy gets all pissy and clever. :cheesy: :)

And IMO...I think the DESIGN is great, but I just don't see much change from the s58. Now, that is not a bad thing, just that these look more like they took the Tour-W wedge and made a complete set. I have the Tour-W wedges and they are really nice, with the feel being very similar to the feel of the s58's. Again, very nice but not worth it to me to change.

Hmm, they are growing on me.

PXG BO Tour-1 10.5° - Ventus Blue Velocore -or-

TaylorMade BRNR Mini 11.5°- Tensei AV Raw White

PXG 0311 BO 15° - Tensei AV Raw White

PXG 0311 BO 18° - Tensei AV Raw White

PXG 0311 BO 22° - Tensei AV Raw White
PXG BLE 0317T - 5-PW - Project X
Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack - PX - 50°

Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack - PX - 54°
LAB DF3 - Accra Black -or-

LAB Link.1 - Accra Black

Been told today by my Ping Area Rep that these clubs have been designed soley for the Japanese Market, much like the J-Spec Raptures. He said they aren't being launched in the US and European Markets, or at least not with the same design as that for the Japanese Market. That would also explain why no tour pros have the clubs or are using them. Only Japanese Pros would probably be able to get them.

Son we may or may not be getting the S57s this year. If we do they will be designed and styled for the US & European markets. Don't know if thats a good thing or not.

Been told today by my Ping Area Rep that these clubs have been designed soley for the Japanese Market, much like the J-Spec Raptures. He said they aren't being launched in the US and European Markets, or at least not with the same design as that for the Japanese Market. That would also explain why no tour pros have the clubs or are using them. Only Japanese Pros would probably be able to get them.

Son we may or may not be getting the S57s this year. If we do they will be designed and styled for the US & European markets. Don't know if thats a good thing or not.

Ping will release an S57 in the US in September. Most likely a tweaked version of the Japanese S 57. Some pros are testing this club outside of the tour.

Chances are Ping will want some type of medallion in the center. I don't understand why they didn't utilize similar designs that are on their Irons and the bottom of their woods.

Something like this . . .

oh WOW those look hot without the orange medallion...if they put a black S57 in the cavity instead, man o man...

Callaway Paradym 10.5 Ventus 5R - Soon PING G430Max 10K or TaylorMade Qi10 Max?
TaylorMade Stealth Tour 4 Wood Ventus - When available the Qi10 Tour 4 wood
TaylorMade Qi10 Rescue 4, 5  Ventus
TaylorMade P790 (2021) 6-9 DG95

TaylorMade P770 PW GD115
TaylorMade 50, 55, 60 DG200
TaylorMade / Balboa / Berwick
TaylorMade Burner TP LDP / TP5x
Ogio Grom / Edge / Nexos (All new old stock)

Chances are Ping will want some type of medallion in the center. I don't understand why they didn't utilize similar designs that are on their Irons and the bottom of their woods.

oh WOW those look hot without the orange medallion...if they put a black S57 in the cavity instead, man o man...

Ping is the only US golf equipment company that is both ISO certified for quality management and for environmental management.

The reason the newer iron designs now have plates (or medallion, or stickers) instead paint fill is so we can reduce the amount of toxic waste produced during the process.

PING G430 LST 9°
PING G430 LST FW #3
PING G430 HY #2
PING G410 Crossover #3
PING i525 #5,
PING i59 #6-PW

Ping is the only US golf equipment company that is both ISO certified for quality management and for environmental management.

The reason the newer iron designs now have plates (or medallion, or stickers) instead paint fill is so we can reduce the amount of toxic waste produced during the process.

Yes, the similar design that I am referring to is the Medallions on the I10, G10 as well as the design on the woods.

The reasoning that you gave is well known, however, as these S 57 Irons will be made in China the above (ISO) will not necessarily apply.

Callaway Paradym 10.5 Ventus 5R - Soon PING G430Max 10K or TaylorMade Qi10 Max?
TaylorMade Stealth Tour 4 Wood Ventus - When available the Qi10 Tour 4 wood
TaylorMade Qi10 Rescue 4, 5  Ventus
TaylorMade P790 (2021) 6-9 DG95

TaylorMade P770 PW GD115
TaylorMade 50, 55, 60 DG200
TaylorMade / Balboa / Berwick
TaylorMade Burner TP LDP / TP5x
Ogio Grom / Edge / Nexos (All new old stock)

You use the phrase "we". Are you an employee of Ping? I thought you had stated you work for a temp agency in the club assembly room at Ping?

You use the phrase "we". Are you an employee of Ping? I thought you had stated you work for a temp agency in the club assembly room at Ping?

Worked my butt off and got hired last December.

I learned about the using plates instead of paint fills designs to reduce toxic waste during a new employee ISO introduction meeting.

PING G430 LST 9°
PING G430 LST FW #3
PING G430 HY #2
PING G410 Crossover #3
PING i525 #5,
PING i59 #6-PW

I learned about the using plates instead of paint fills designs to reduce toxic waste during a new employee ISO introduction meeting.

Congrats on your hire with Ping! Always nice to achieve your objectives in the job world. What area do you work in now?

A guy in my office speaks Japanese. Let me see what I can do.

EDIT:

Okay, I didn't want to impose too much on my friend, so I just took notes when he told me what the web page said. So this is a "loose" translation:

Today I heard that my friend's shop will be selling the PING S57 irons in March. My friend with the shop is PING crazy and he gives me a lot of information. All of my PING irons and Redwood putters were fitted by this shop owner.

My friend said that the S57s will be sold in Japan in March, before they are sold in the U.S. domestic market and that PING will likely use the opinion of the Japanese market before releasing the irons in the U.S.

I have no qualms with my current irons, but these make me want them [C_F note: this guy would fit right in at Golfwrx . . .] and I like the way they look too. :rolleyes: :D :D ;)

I am not a big fan of the look of the hosels on Ping clubs and they are a little bulky for my eye. They play nice...but seem like shovels at address.

Yes, LOSE THE ORANGE! But otherwise, why Japan first, especially for a US made product? Bummer.

That is a interesting question since they are made in America? Do you think they took some of thier Iron production overseas along with their driver production.

First, Titleist comes out with AP's that are just inbred MacGregor Mactecs and Ping S58s. And now these Ping S57s look just like the S58s except with Rapture soles and toes slapped on the bottom. Just more evidence that barring the invention or application of some new metal, designers may have hit the wall in what new stuff they can create. Then you have have Taylormade that already hit the wall, bounced off, went over the rail and burst into flame with their new Tour Burner offerings.

The APs look like the CCI Forged and Cast offerings. The MAC Tecs were way uglier than these Irons. Plus why would anyone copy a Iron that no-one would buy? Yeah the TOur Burner has a freaking powerbow? and are Triangle like Titleist.

As a ping fan, currently playing I10's, I am a little pissed these are coing out in Japan first. I really like what Ping does with their product cyles et al. but a release in Japan first is a little bit of a head scratcher.

Yeah what is the deal with that??? They make thier name off of made in the USA but now they are marketing to the Asian Market 1st...Maybe they had some help with production.

HMMM, Thought Ping had a policy against posting on these type forums particularly by employees. Especially on product that they have to deny official knowledge of in the U.S.

Hey, thanks for plugging the leak! Do you also tell 5 year olds that there is no easter bunny or santa clause...

Ruining the fun of having an 'inside man' is not cool.

ckguy, please don't listen to sandy. Your info is more than welcome here...:rolleyes:

Sandy was having some fun...chill out.

CK's info is hardly "inside information". Most of what he has posted is generally known as he's not going to risk his employment with Ping.

i have a silly question...

what's with the "W" on the toe.

please tell me that does not stand for wedge.

Tungsten Weight

The W is for Wolfram. The German word for tungsten.

I think the S57 look great. Not much different than the s58, though.

Having compared them side by side, they look very different.

PING G430 LST 9°
PING G430 LST FW #3
PING G430 HY #2
PING G410 Crossover #3
PING i525 #5,
PING i59 #6-PW

i have a silly question...

what's with the "W" on the toe.

please tell me that does not stand for wedge.

Tungsten Weight

The W is for Wolfram. The German word for tungsten.

I think the S57 look great. Not much different than the s58, though.

The "W" is actually the symbol for Tungsten on the periodic table.

The periodic symbol "W" does come from "Wolfram".