2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

GOLFTEC

purpleturlte

the best thing you can do for your game
Guys I have been taking golf lessons at GOLFTEC haas anyone of you ever heard or been to this place before. It is incredible, if you are serious about getting better than you must give it a try. Check it out at www.golftec.com. If you have one in your city go to it and they will give you a free tour f the place. Words can not describe what this place can do for all golfers.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really recomended if you have one in your are check it out. Drop by and tell them to show you around, your will not be dissapointed. I have a friend who tried it out and he says that it messed him up he hated it. But he was messed up before he went in there! I play golf with him all the time. His out look on improvement is not right! Golfte shows you what your are doing wrong and gives the drills to fix it. It is not for quick fixes it takes hard work and in golf when you make changes even if they are changes for the better at first you will DIGRESS BEFORE YOU PROGRESS. You almost never improve fast it takes hard work and knowing and believing that you are doing this to better your swing.

GolfTec stinks. If someone who is supposed to be knowledgeable about the golf swing tells you that you will get worse before you get better, RUN!!!!!

J-

Not to hijack this thread but....I've heard that statement now from a few of the folks here, even ones I've grown to respect. But I can't for the life of me understand how this is a trueism. The comment sounds important with shock and awe, but rings wrong with me. I mean, if you go to a PGA teaching pro with bad mechanics, bad grip, bad posture, etc, and have many years of multi-muscular memory fixes that happen in the swing to compensate for this sh%t, how can one NOT get slightly worse with the correct grip, etc before setting it to muscle memory? Can someone explain how an hour lesson where ones grip or stance is completely retooled show progress, not regress, while learning the new mechanics over the next few months?? Synergy, regardless of its legitimacy of motion, is ruined, and the poor schmuck needs to "start over" with correct mechanics. Shoot holes, thanks.

i personally think that Golftec is AWSOME!! i am a junior and its really great. because it shows your body angle and how it compares to tour pro averages. and they post your swing and lesson the the internet!! its pretty cool. ya the thing about the prices... they are pretty high for adults but they are worth it!! its good for me because im a junior and i get a discount off the general prices. if you want to check out what they post on the internet check out http://www.golftec.com/members/ and then type in 319-00-0005 and cjn as the password. you can check out my swing and gimme some comments.

I couldn't agree more. In a simpler example, look at the guys on tour who have reworked their swing (Tiger, Sergio, etc) who all takes a step backwards when undergoing changes in order to take 3 steps forward with their swings once the changes are engrained. So many people think or expect that a small change here and there will instantly make them scratch players, but it's just not true.

On another note: GolfTec just signed a deal with us at Path Pro Golf and will be using the Path Pro at every one of their facilities across the country; including in every Golfsmith store where a Golftec is located. SWEEEET!

Cardo

Not to hijack this thread but....I've heard that statement now from a few of the folks here, even ones I've grown to respect. But I can't for the life of me understand how this is a trueism. The comment sounds important with shock and awe, but rings wrong with me. I mean, if you go to a PGA teaching pro with bad mechanics, bad grip, bad posture, etc, and have many years of multi-muscular memory fixes that happen in the swing to compensate for this sh%t, how can one NOT get slightly worse with the correct grip, etc before setting it to muscle memory? Can someone explain how an hour lesson where ones grip or stance is completely retooled show progress, not regress, while learning the new mechanics over the next few months?? Synergy, regardless of its legitimacy of motion, is ruined, and the poor schmuck needs to "start over" with correct mechanics. Shoot holes, thanks.

TITLEIST TSI3 9* - HZRDUS T1100 HANDMADE 6.0 
PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70X
PING G410 17* & 19* - MITZ TENSEI BLUE X & EF BLACK X
SRIXON ZX7's - 4-PW w/SPECIAL, TOUR ISSUE, BLACK KBS TOUR V 125'S
CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM

SCOTTY CAMERON 2001 TOUR ISSUE 3x CHOCOLATE NEWPORT BEACH
2017 BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1'X

• 2 weeks later...

Like everything else in life different people are going to have different opinions about a given topic. I took about 25 lessons at Golftec from late 2004 to mid 2005. I wasn't happy with the quality of instruction or the level of improvment in my game. My beef with Golftec is they teach you angles and positions. They do not teach you how to swing a golf club. There is a subtle difference between the two things that for me is very important. Another thing is a lot of their teaching theories are based on "PGA Tour Averages". Well, I'm 6'4" and about 240lbs. How many PGA Tour players are that size? Also some PGA players are two plane swingers and others are one plane swingers. Yet the "PGA Tour Averages" don't take this into account. On top of that the whole atmosphere is VERY SALES ORIENTED. You are constantly being pushed prodded and cajoled into taking additonal lessons.

The fact of the matter is I got more benefit taking 5 lessons for an assistant pro at my local driving range than I did from 25 lessons at Golftec. About the only good thing I can say about Golftec is the video technology is SUPERB. It would definitely consider a Golftec memebership which allows you to use the video equipment without taking lessons.

I couldn't agree more. In a simpler example, look at the guys on tour who have reworked their swing (Tiger, Sergio, etc) who all takes a step backwards when undergoing changes in order to take 3 steps forward with their swings once the changes are engrained. So many people think or expect that a small change here and there will instantly make them scratch players, but it's just not true.

On another note: GolfTec just signed a deal with us at Path Pro Golf and will be using the Path Pro at every one of their facilities across the country; including in every Golfsmith store where a Golftec is located. SWEEEET!

Cardo

Hifade, that's exciting news to me. I am a golftec student and have been wanting to try the Path Pro for a while now. I hope it gets to the Irvine location soon.

BTW, golftec like any form of learning just depends on how you assimilate information. The feedback from my instructor and the visual input of seeing my swing has helped my game.

I don't think any learning can be accepted or dismissed just because you've heard "stories". Like anything it will help some more and others might not get anything from it. In my case golftec works with how I learn so I am an advocate of the lessons.

A couple of things about Golf Tec. First, they teach all players the same way. By that I mean, they have a model and try to get you to fit into this. For some, this can work great. However, most will not have success with this. By golf industry standards, the instructors at Golf Tec are not very well compenstated.

A couple of things about Golf Tec. First, they teach all players the same way. By that I mean, they have a model and try to get you to fit into this. For some, this can work great. However, most will not have success with this. By golf industry standards, the instructors at Golf Tec are not very well compenstated.

That was one of things I notice when taking lessons there. They basically "shoe horn" you into particular style of swinging the club weather your body is suited for it or not. And if the compensation isn't good the quality of instruction isn't going to be much better. I got the distinct impression my instructor was basically teaching me from a "Golftec Manual" as oppose to any personal knowledge or insight he had.

I would agree with these statements as well. I took the 10 lesson package and there were many fundamentals that the video and technology showed immediately. These were easy fixes for the instructor and have helped my swing.

Having said that, they do seem to teach from the "Golftec Manual" and once you get beyond simple fundamental fixes they lose sight of what to do next. Decent enough guys, but their skill set is limited to the Golftec training manual.

I will also say that the video and technology systems are SUPERB as well. It is worth the evaluation and few lessons to fix the fundamental, especially for the high handicap amateur. Trying to make my diameter challenged body fit the shoulder tilt, hip tilt set up, backswing, and follow thru of Ernie Els, Tiger Woods, or Steve Elkington is impossible. I asked them to use the Walrus and he only wanted to use it for set up and backswing. Stad's extreme over the top downswing and high fade doesn't fit their model profile!

Again, I would recommend it for a small number of lessons to get the fundamentals right then go see a local PGA expert to get the swing mechanics that fit your profile and let you compress the ball from the inside!

I don't think I have ever taken a lesson. If I did it wouldn't be from a random person. My dad taught me how to play and the only feedback I get is from him. There is something to be said for learning on your own and being able to know what you are doing wrong and working to correct it. I think long term self discovery is a good way to learn how to play.

I don't think I have ever taken a lesson. If I did it wouldn't be from a random person. My dad taught me how to play and the only feedback I get is from him. There is something to be said for learning on your own and being able to know what you are doing wrong and working to correct it. I think long term self discovery is a good way to learn how to play.

Personally I enjoy the process of learning how swing a golf club. But, I've basically come to the conclusion I'm a believer in the "Bagger Vance" philosophy of swing a golf club, which is, everybody has their own special and unique swing. I think people TRULY begin to excel at golf when they find the best set of swing fundamental that work their body type and mentality.

The risk in taking golf instruction is essentially you are following somebody elses philosophy about how you should be swinging a golf club. In some cases that may be great but the fact is many people will take lessons and get marginal improvment at best. At least some this can be attributed to the fact an instructor has a particular school of thought and philosophy as how to swing a golf club and he/she wants you to follow their philosophy. Few if any instructors take the time to consider is really right for the individual they are teaching.