2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

tour burner tp

matthewmttn

Which shaft in which flex
I am going to order a tour burner tp but am wondering which shaft to get, I am currently playing a SQTP 10.5 with a rombax 75s and like it alot but am not sure how that shaft is playing in the tour burner tp head. I am a smooth tempo 110-115 guy. Always kinda been right inbetween x ans s. You guys who have them let me know what shaft you are playing in it and how you like it. Also some swing characteristics would help thanks!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's definitely between the Whiteboard and the Rombax. A smooth swinging smooth transition player will benefit most from the Rombax. It will provide that player the best spin numbers most of the time. A more aggressive "hitter" with a heavier loading of the shaft will usually find the Whiteboard to produce the best spin rates.

If you're a smooth swinger, then I'd go with the Rombax as my first choice. And I'd go with the x-flex with a 110-115 mph swing speed. I think that would work best for you.

But if you're asking, I'm not sure that I'd go with a 10.5*, especially at high speeds like you have. I'd certainly at least consider a 9.5*, unless you hit the SQ TP too low.

LOFT

Tour Burner TP players who generate greater-than-average distance with their driver typically achieve the best results in terms of distance and control with a lower degree of loft, which delivers a high-yet-penetrating trajectory by keeping your spin-rate low and your launch angle from becoming too high.

I have a swing speed around 110-112 and hit both the 9.5* with the Diamana stiff and the 8.5* with the Rombax X and the 8.5* came away the winner. It feels extremely sound at impact and does go deep.

My guess is that you would like the X in the Rombax and I would try a 9.5* head and a 8.5* with that before I bought to see which one of those heads produced the best numbers for you. JMHGO

I'm playing the 8.5* right now with the Rombax 75X and my Swing Speed is identical to yours.

When I go really smooth at the ball, this shaft is great. VERY smooth feel and good control and distance. However, when I really want to attack the ball, the shaft just doesn't handle it and.... FORE LEFT!!

The Rombax is a smooth shaft and accepts a smooth swing really well. If you have a tendancy to get quick or go at it hard, I'd probably go with the Whiteboard.

It's definitely between the Whiteboard and the Rombax. A smooth swinging smooth transition player will benefit most from the Rombax. It will provide that player the best spin numbers most of the time. A more aggressive "hitter" with a heavier loading of the shaft will usually find the Whiteboard to produce the best spin rates.

If you're a smooth swinger, then I'd go with the Rombax as my first choice. And I'd go with the x-flex with a 110-115 mph swing speed. I think that would work best for you.

But if you're asking, I'm not sure that I'd go with a 10.5*, especially at high speeds like you have. I'd certainly at least consider a 9.5*, unless you hit the SQ TP too low.

I'm thinking of getting the Whiteboard as this seems to fit my swing: lots of lag (think Sergio) but my swing swing speed is in the 105 range. I have a tendency for producing high spin (one of the reasons I'm thinking of the Tour Burner TP). I have a Blueboard 83 in another driver (in an attempt to help with the spin) but find it a bit too boardy.

How much difference can I expect between the Blueboard 83 and the Whiteboard 65?

I'm thinking of getting the Whiteboard as this seems to fit my swing: lots of lag (think Sergio) but my swing swing speed is in the 105 range. I have a tendency for producing high spin (one of the reasons I'm thinking of the Tour Burner TP). I have a Blueboard 83 in another driver (in an attempt to help with the spin) but find it a bit too boardy.

How much difference can I expect between the Blueboard 83 and the Whiteboard 65?

The Whiteboard in the TBTP(Diamana 65) is much smoother but stable feeling than a regular Blueboard 83, mostly because of the weight. The Blueboard 83 is actually less "boardy" feeling than the Whiteboard 83, which is a VERY stout shaft. I think that the Diamana is a good shaft to consider for you, personally. Let me know if you have any questions. I'd be glad to help if I can.

The Whiteboard in the TBTP(Diamana 65) is much smoother but stable feeling than a regular Blueboard 83, mostly because of the weight. The Blueboard 83 is actually less "boardy" feeling than the Whiteboard 83, which is a VERY stout shaft. I think that the Diamana is a good shaft to consider for you, personally. Let me know if you have any questions. I'd be glad to help if I can.

Thanks Polo, this is great info.

Given the TBTP defaults (Matrix Xcon-5, Diamana White 65, Fuji Rombax 75) which one may be the best fit for my pattern? For further context, as mentioned, the Blueboard 83 is too much (never floats due to spin but can't turn it over and no feel); Speeder 757 works well in warm weather, never floats, but would prefer a tad more "feel" and NV 65 works well, I can turn it over but it will float at times more than 757 and Blueboard. All the shafts I mention are in Stiff flex with 9.5* of loft and various heads. Given a choice I would prefer to hit it lower rather than higher (I play in windy conditions which also explains why I'm sensitive to the floating effect of excess spin).

Thanks Polo, this is great info.

Given the TBTP defaults (Matrix Xcon-5, Diamana White 65, Fuji Rombax 75) which one may be the best fit for my pattern? For further context, as mentioned, the Blueboard 83 is too much (never floats due to spin but can't turn it over and no feel); Speeder 757 works well in warm weather, never floats, but would prefer a tad more "feel" and NV 65 works well, I can turn it over but it will float at times more than 757 and Blueboard. All the shafts I mention are in Stiff flex with 9.5* of loft and various heads. Given a choice I would prefer to hit it lower rather than higher (I play in windy conditions which also explains why I'm sensitive to the floating effect of excess spin).

Love hearing these shafts opinions from guys who know what they're talking about.

So far this year I've bought an tried the L4V-X (for sale BTW), the FT-5 with a stiff VS Proto 60, the Nike Sumo (5000) with the stock stiff VS Proto 65.

And now the fave. Tour Burner TP with stiff Diamana 65. Can you say butta ?!?!?! :)

Don't know if it would help you but I used to swing like Bob Murphy - sloooooooooow. About 3+ years ago I started swinging like Sergio - whoooosh. Hitting the ball much more consistently nowadays than before.

I also tend to hit a too high launch too high spin ball. I demo'd the TP about a month ago with the XCON and the Diamana.

The Diamana was the ticket. Between the 8.5 degree head and the stout low launch low-spin Whiteboard I am now hitting near perfect trajectory and about 7-10 yards longer carry. Run out is very hard to determine though. Very consistent too. Almost can't turn it left.

SS around 101. Tempo quick. One gigantic :clapping: