The 5th GolfWRX Outing

pitbull808

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that this won't mean much to the lurkers because they certainly don't know me either but....I can sort of vouch for these guys. I went to Oahu in May and had posted on here looking for someone to golf with (I was with my wife and she was in conferences the first 5 days so I had a lot of free time to golf) and ended up taking Carl (TBC777) up on an offer to play the first few days. I hope I don't leave anyone out.....I was lucky enough to get a chance to meet and golf with Carl, Reid, Tony, Joey, and Bobby (also Evan - not sure if spelling is correct and I don't think he is a member)....and all I can say is that these were some of the nicest people I have ever golfed with. By the way, I'm just an average golfer and it didn't matter to them at all.

So, if any of you are free that day and don't take them up on this....you are making a big mistake. If I had the money sitting around (and a wife that wouldn't mind me spending it) , I would fly back out there just for something like this.

Good luck with the outing.

I'd hang w/ you guys but I'm going to be back in the mainland at that time. Maybe I can catch up Sept. sometime.

Mike

Mike...let us know when you'll be returning...we might be able to arrange something.

give me a plane ticket and a little corner for me, golf clubs and a sleeping bag and I am there! :partytime2:

Calvin..I don't know about the ticket but I know we can get the clubs and sleeping bag.

yup Reid is right. My first outing that I went to I did not know anyone and now I have a group of really close friends. Really there is no shame, just get ready for a bunch of laughs and meeting new people. I know there is a bunch of lurkers out there.

Bobby...after that first outing you joined us..who would have thought huh??? :cheesy:

So, if any of you are free that day and don't take them up on this....you are making a big mistake. If I had the money sitting around (and a wife that wouldn't mind me spending it) , I would fly back out there just for something like this.

Randy...our honorary Hawaii room member! :cheesy: You know you're always welcome to come back anytime and swing it with us. :huh:

Should've posted here earlier; but cart golf, lolo golf, or wrx golf. . . count me in.

Right on Keith. You're in!

Well...this post has been up for 5 days and we've got a whopping 5 guys participating with a one month advance to make plans. :beee:

I don't know if guys are afraid to join up with people they don't know other then by an avatar...BUT..think about it this way lurkers. Until Golfwrx and the Hawaii Room started...I had never met or played a round with Bobby/mach 1, Tony/Xsfsped, Joey/Da master808 or Rick/Rok78. Now I consider them my close friends and look forward to seeing them on the course. If you're afraid that your score will be lousy..have no fear. Nobody cares what you shoot. Trust me...in 3 outings I've been to, I've shot from +2 to +plenty over. With the amount of practice time I've had in the last two months...1 round and zero range time, I can just imagine how ugly I'll be hitting the ball at the end of July because as it is, I don't see any golf or practicing coming to me in the near future. Really, nobody is attending to show any one up. The only thing we care about is playing fast, plenty laughs and good food at the end.

To put it simply in local language....No be skay'd...you not goin make A. You jus goin be with da boys for a few hours play'n like one lolo with a bunch of other golfin lolo's on da course. :beach:

:lol:

Well said, Reid. I admit, I shot the +plenty! But, I did manage to win the inaugural long drive, by default! :drinks: A wind aided, 220-230 yard drive...but I was the only one in the fairway! :lol: As always, there will be lots of laughs for sure.

My first outing that I went to I did not know anyone and now I have a group of really close friends.

Ditto...

....and all I can say is that these were some of the nicest people I have ever golfed with. By the way, I'm just an average golfer and it didn't matter to them at all.

Randy, it was great playing with you. As Reid said, let us know if you ever make it back to Hawaii to play golf.

Bobby...after that first outing you joined us..who would have thought huh??? :D

Yeah, since that outing, I have ho'd lots of stuff from both you and Bobby! :D Such bad influences! ;) :cheesy: I know, I know...XSF-Kettle! :cheesy:

Yeah, since that outing, I have ho'd lots of stuff from both you and Bobby! :beee: Such bad influences! :cheesy: :drinks: I know, I know...XSF-Kettle! :lol:

LOL..no problemo.....PotBull :beach:

Reid,

If only the 6th or 7th outing could be scheduled sometime around the end of October.....If only....... :lol:

Have a great time guys!

Mike

Mike..that's always a possibility as Octobers my birthday month. GF's back at school and I should be golfing every chance I get. ;) Just let us know when you're back in town. A few of us get together at least once a week no matter if it's outing or not.

The 27th is my Dad's birthday so depending on what the plans are, I could make it. If we have a dinner in the evening, I should be free for the day. I'll let you know as soon as possible. Thanks for organizing, Reid.

No problem Tracy. I hope you'll be able to join us and we can all try out your putter. :cheesy:

I'm working on one particular lurker to join us. You know who you are, and you might as well come. You've been to see Carl more in the last week than than I have in the last month and bought a new bag of sticks, so that already makes you one of us. So just post "you're in" and get it over with. It will be fun, I promise.

8.5* Nike Vapor Speed - 7m3
15* Cobra Amp Cell - Fubuki 70x
18* Adams A12 - GD DI 85x
20* Adams Super 9031 - UST VTS 100x
54*, 58* Nike VR Forged
5-PW Mizuno MP64 - PXi 6.0

After seeing the pics and reading about the wedges....I don't think you'll be able to stop me. In fact, I am putting off new wedges until I get there now just because of how cool it will be to get wedges made by you. I can't wait to get there and be on island time.....a 53 and a 58 my friend....hold 'em for me, haha.

THE 5TH GOLFWRX OUTING IS NOW POSTPONED TILL FURTHER NOTICE.

Sorry but we have ran into a few problems. One being the location. There has been thoughts of changing locations and date. Two the amount of participants is just not enough to follow through with the organization of it. I apologize for the cancellation. We will revisit this topic later at a later date.