uPro 2009 ?

What are you guys paying if purchased locally. They all seem to be $399 to $430? MSRP is $400!! I'd like to find one locally (Sacramento area) for $350. If not I'll go to Amazon or ebay.

I paid $345 from an authorized uPro dealer on eBay back in December.

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought my brand new 2009 model from budgetgolf.net for a BIN (ebay) of 299 a few months ago. Shipment was super fast and unit was perfect as described in new packaging.

FWIW I LOVE the uPro and it has been very, very accurate thus far. Only very minor complaint I have is that I've had a few occurances of it changing holes on me when I put it in my pocket... presumably this is because I hole advance button either putting it in or taking it out...

Which box (black or red) is the Callaway unit? Ive been waiting to get rid of the SG5 and get a Garmin, but the UPro looks great (and I have used one).

The red box is the newer 2009 unit. I'm not sure if any of the boxes actually have Callaway branding on them yet since the buyout only happened a month or so ago.

I was surprised how much I liked it and used it on the course. The size is perfect - small enough to fit in your pocket and not be obtrusive and big enough so that the screen is easily readable. I really liked the Anypoint and measure functions - it reinforced that I hit the ball as far as I thought I did. I'm looking forward to the stats and scoring functionality - this is really a great product.

I asked because black boxes are on FleaBay and I now know I want a red box, if I get one. Im still looking at giving Garmin's G5 a chance, but they havent updated their course list in 2 weeks or so and Im not liking what their current list is.

Ill play with a friends UPro this weekend and see how it goes.

Can you turn off flyovers?

I asked because black boxes are on FleaBay and I now know I want a red box, if I get one. Im still looking at giving Garmin's G5 a chance, but they havent updated their course list in 2 weeks or so and Im not liking what their current list is.

Ill play with a friends UPro this weekend and see how it goes.

Can you turn off flyovers?

Yes - you can turn off flyovers. Or leave them on and still press the "skip" softkey before it plays.

How do you turnoff the flyover? I keep skipping them. It would have more value the first time you played a course.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

How do you turnoff the flyover? I keep skipping them. It would have more value the first time you played a course.

Main Menu -> Settings -> Preferences -> Pro Mode Videos -> Disable

i would call it "crazy small" compared to other gps units - only 4 x 2 x 0.65

(you can see the comparison to other devices here - it looks like the the next smallest unit is the izzo swami at least from this list

http://criticalgolf.com/?page_id=1154)

i basically leave it in my pocket all the time since it is so small. i confess i bought the attachment, which is one of the more overbuilt pieces of equipment you will ever see for a 3.1oz device. :D kinda funny, actually. but impressive in some strange way. the clamp for the cart seems bulletproof, and it allows for a ton of adjustment to the positioning of the arm that the upro attaches to. the upro itself does not have any type of buttons or clips on its exterior to which you could attach something to help mount it to your cart, though the duct tape certainly could be used!

i dont personally think it is worth it to buy the attachment given the small size of the upro. it belongs in the front or back pocket and the $54 can be used toward beers and burgers at the 19th hole!

(you can see the comparison to other devices here - it looks like the the next smallest unit is the izzo swami at least from this list

i basically leave it in my pocket all the time since it is so small. i confess i bought the attachment, which is one of the more overbuilt pieces of equipment you will ever see for a 3.1oz device. :D kinda funny, actually. but impressive in some strange way. the clamp for the cart seems bulletproof, and it allows for a ton of adjustment to the positioning of the arm that the upro attaches to. the upro itself does not have any type of buttons or clips on its exterior to which you could attach something to help mount it to your cart, though the duct tape certainly could be used!

i dont personally think it is worth it to buy the attachment given the small size of the upro. it belongs in the front or back pocket and the $54 can be used toward beers and burgers at the 19th hole!

I looked all over for measurements, including at Critical Golf. I must be getting blind.

Ill make a connector out of aluminum or ABS plastic and go to GPS City to get a mount for my push cart, Ill figure out the riding cart. I hate having things in my pocket other than 4 tees and ball mark repairer in my right pocket and 2 ball markers and second ball in my left (cigar lighter is allowed). I must be getting anal too. :rolleyes:

I looked all over for measurements, including at Critical Golf. I must be getting blind.

Ill make a connector out of aluminum or ABS plastic and go to GPS City to get a mount for my push cart, Ill figure out the riding cart. I hate having things in my pocket other than 4 tees and ball mark repairer in my right pocket and 2 ball markers and second ball in my left (cigar lighter is allowed). I must be getting anal too. :rolleyes:

It really is small and light enough to put in your pocket and not be obtrusive. I bought the uPro soft case (which has a little pocket for an extra battery) but mostly had the uPro in my pocket during the round this past weekend.

I just bought one of these http://www.bodyglove.com/products_detail.p...roduct_id=21499 and the Upro fits perfect and you cant even tell its there. I think it was $14 at walmart.

TE C722 9* House of Forged custom shaft XX
TE C722 15* Tensei AV-RAW White 7x

TE C722 18* Tensei AV-RAW White 8x

Ping I525 4-GW Project X IO stiff
Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)
Maxfli Tour X or Vice Pro

abs plastic? aluminum machining? now thats impressive!!

now if you figure out how to build a gps device INTO your cigar lighter...i would like to pre-order one now! :D

abs plastic? aluminum machining? now thats impressive!!

now if you figure out how to build a gps device INTO your cigar lighter...i would like to pre-order one now! :D

Its been a long time since I've done any, it will probably take 40 hours to come out with a pile of metal or plastic, suitable for chucking into a garbage can.

• 5 weeks later...
Website shows looking to release a Score/Stats module in early February (2/5 w/small fee) & voice recognition(2/27- w/small fee) shortly. The website also shows ability to map courses - but no eta on that module.

So I bought the UPRO since my skycaddie was stolen because of the Promode option when available in my city but until then I expected to be able to map my own course since everywhere I read said it would be available in Summer in 08 and since it 09 I expected it to be available until I read your post. I am on my way to pick up my UPRO at the post office and will be pissed if I was misslead and the otion is a year behind.

Played with my friends upro today and the water was extremely easy to figure out. It was almost black compared to the fairway. Maybe it depends on the course?

It must be just his course. None of the courses I've downloaded (20 so far) have that problem. Of course he was also complaining about the screen...and hadn't taken the protective plastic off it, and was trying to view it with prescription sunglasses...and it's a transflective screen.

Website shows looking to release a Score/Stats module in early February (2/5 w/small fee) & voice recognition(2/27- w/small fee) shortly. The website also shows ability to map courses - but no eta on that module.

So I bought the UPRO since my skycaddie was stolen because of the Promode option when available in my city but until then I expected to be able to map my own course since everywhere I read said it would be available in Summer in 08 and since it 09 I expected it to be available until I read your post. I am on my way to pick up my UPRO at the post office and will be pissed if I was misslead and the otion is a year behind.

I was not aware of U-Pro having ANY plans for "mapping" a course. After reading your above post, I emailed U-Pro to ask when this feature was going to be added. I received the reply that there are NO PLANS TO ADD "MAPPING" ABILITY to the U-Pro. Where on the website did you see this?

In response to a later post, I DID remove the screen protector that was appended just for shipping protection, per instruction from U-Pro support, and also reduced my backlight to 40% per his instructions. I now CAN see it BETTER, but NOT GOOD. Regarding the ability to see water on the hole, it Could be my particular course with it's very muddy water (making it pretty near impossible to find a ball that barely entered the water hazard). I just wish these GPS mfrs would do careful mapping to include ALL woods, trees, and streams that come into play on a hole, and show them with "Graphic Depictions" rather than satellite Photos because the graphic depictions are So EASY To See.

no ability to map your own course at this point - either use free basic mode - or pro mode with anypoint/smartview. Have not heard of eta on that ability - they have argued not really needed due to anypoint. :black eye:

Well it is a big point for use in Canada where they have very, very little courses mapped. I am a member at the 13th ranked course in Ontario and the CPGA has even played there and thats not even mapped. Thats why I was misled by the statements stating it was going to have the self maping option is 08 and here it is 09 and still not available. Plus none of these courses have the mapping guarentee so it could be another year of being useless to me and other members. Thats the one huge upside to the Skycaddie, user mapping.

I was not aware of U-Pro having ANY plans for "mapping" a course. After reading your above post, I emailed U-Pro to ask when this feature was going to be added. I received the reply that there are NO PLANS TO ADD "MAPPING" ABILITY to the U-Pro. Where on the website did you see this?

In response to a later post, I DID remove the screen protector that was appended just for shipping protection, per instruction from U-Pro support, and also reduced my backlight to 40% per his instructions. I now CAN see it BETTER, but NOT GOOD. Regarding the ability to see water on the hole, it Could be my particular course with it's very muddy water (making it pretty near impossible to find a ball that barely entered the water hazard). I just wish these GPS mfrs would do careful mapping to include ALL woods, trees, and streams that come into play on a hole, and show them with "Graphic Depictions" rather than satellite Photos because the graphic depictions are So EASY To See.

UPRO must have removed from there website but did have it posted before and here are a few links that took all there info off UPROs website.

First paragraph under FAQ's

Under can I map a course myself

Can I map a course myself

There are more but there are 3 very misleading adds that they have taken right from the UPRO wesite.