CaddieSync Problems

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're having trouble getting things to sync up properly, make sure you have your skycaddie plugged directly into a usb port on your computer, and not through a hub. Whenever I tried connecting through a hub, my downloads would hang at around 35%, requiring unplugging the unit and restarting. This happen to me repeatedly until I tried bypassing the hub and plugging directly into the computer. Of course ymmv, but this worked like a charm for me. Hope this helps!

Dean

I downloaded the new CaddieSync software yesterday and it worked fine with my SG 2.5. I am also using Vista, no issues with that operating system either.

Callaway Big Bertha 10.5º
TM SLDR TS / TM SLDR 3HL
Callaway X Hot 25º hybrid
Titleist AP1 714 5-W1 XP95 S300
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 54º/58º
Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7

SkyCaddie absolutly ruined things with this new CaddieSync program!!!! if you were an existing users and you had your courses organized into playlists they are all gone in favor of one big favorites list. I go on several golf trips a year and would keep a Playlist for Myrtle Beach, Ocean City, etc... When I knew what courses I was playing for that trip I would put them into a playlist and the day before I left I would sync that playlist. Now you have to search the whole list with all the couses mixed together and hope you dont miss one. You can't even maximize the new app window so it makes even even harder to see whats in your list

Bad move on Skycaddie's part, no warning that your list would get blown away at all!!! Did they talk to any of their customers to get feedback before they did ths??? They arent the only GPS game in town anymore they can't afford to be this arrogant anymore. I know i will be looking at the competitors when ti is time for a new one.

You really screwed up this time SKYCADDIE!!!!

I understand your frustration and they should've notified users that their playlists would get wiped out.

That being said...I kinda like the giant favorites list because it always seemed like I had a couple of playlists that needed some course duplication so I wouldn't always have to be downloading playlists everytime I traveled. Usually keeping a few home courses on all playlists so I wouldn't have to reload them when I return etc (if any of that makes sense!) This was a bigger issue when you only had 10 courses /playlist. I did upgrade to 20 so not as big an issue now.

If it helps, you can sort your favorites by distance from your (home zipcode ?) and it should put most of your Ocean City courses together and your Myrtle courses together etc to make the selection process easier??

Thanks, Sorting by location does help a bit and I recently upgrade to the 20 course package also. It's just the arrogance of this company. My frustration with them goes all the way back to when I bought the original SG2 (I've since had the SG4 and now the SG5) Well I got the SG2 for Christmas and I live in the northeast so didn’t get a chance to try it until March. Well it didn’t work and when I called them and they basically said "you had 30 day return policy you’re out of luck, would you like to buy another". Thank God for Amex they pulled the money back from them and they sent me a new one.

Like I said they aren’t the only GPS in town anymore, they really need to work on their CR a lot. I see the competition is already helping with the pricing. The temp cart mount they were raping you for $70 has dropped $20 (too late for me)

Maybe my next one will be a SonoCaddie, uPro or Garmin ( if Garmin adds some more features)

tgolfer,

Just tried it and it appeared to work...confirmed request number for a new course in Ohio

I am in the USA

23muc

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply on this. Maybe this is a UK problem, or more worryingly a problem on my computer - don't know why as everything else on the Sync works. Maybe I'll try a reinstall of the software to see if that will kick a 'dead link' into life?

I've emailed them about the problem a little earlier this morning, but I'm not over-optimistic that I'll get any sort of reply. My last 2 requests for help from them have been met with silence.

Give them a couple of days, then I'll fire off a bit of a 'slap'.

Thanks again.

TG - in the UK

The Caddiesync sure didn't work on my Mac. Won't sync my SG2.5. I've e-mailed SkyCaddie and haven't heard back yet.

They also don't appear to have two of the courses I play routinely in Hilton Head - Sea Pines Ocean and Sea Pines Heron Point. These are major courses so I don't know why I can't find them with the Search feature - or should I say "feature".

I'm one more person that things were working just fine for until they decided to "improve" things...

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red Senior
TM Sim Max 3 Ventus Red Senior 
Cobra F9 17* Rescue Atmos Regular
TM Sim Max 19*, 25*, 28* Rescue Ventus Blue Senior 
Cobra F9 7-SW Atmos Regular
Vokey SM6 62* T Kuro Kage stiff
TM Spider Tour Day
OUUL stand bag
Titleist Velocity or Callaway Softfeel

I run a Mac as well and use a SG2.5. I had no problems downloading the software and then using the CaddieSync.

For the record, I also miss the playlists. I liked having the courses sorted into groups based on the different geographical areas where I tend to play. Will have to use the favourites and sort by geographical distance from my home which will be a little bit more time consuming and tedious.

Hope everyone gets the kinks worked out for their systems....never had a lot of luck with emailing Skygolf customer service but have had very good luck with their chat feature...usually quick and very helpful ... maybe a late night for our UK friend but worth it over waiting on an email you may never get.

I like being able to sort by location, name or dist etc and find it quick and easy...but it doesn't stay that way...would like to see a way to make my choice the default so every time I log in I don't have to sort it again.

I got pretty frustrated last night trying to get any sense out of the Sync interface.

For example I wanted to look at the courses in Wales in the UK, with the anticipation of booking a golfing weekend later in the year. After watching the 'spinning wheel' go around for a while up pops 213 'matches' - not one of them in Wales - many were hundreds of miles away. It's like people in the US doing a search on courses in Florida, waiting a few minutes and then getting a listing for California :russian_roulette: - pretty infuriating.

I then typed in the name of one of the courses we'd like to play on our weekend - course name in the left-hand box, Wales, UK (from the drop-down) in the right-hand box. Waited for the search to complete - a full listing of courses in Virginia, USA - FFS - only about 7,000 miles wide of the target ..... it's going to be one very long golfing weekend :black eye: .

This 'final straw' resulted in me sending my previously threatened 'slap' email to Skygolf.

I still can't access the 'Request a Course' function. However, fiddling around with the interface this morning I looked under my 'Personal Details' on the Account page. I was curious as to what the 'Membership Card' was. Opened this page and on it there is - yes, you'd never have guessed it - a facsimile of a membership card with your name and details on it (including your password!!).

On the Membership Card page is a 'Home' button, so I pressed this and a mini-window within the Sync window opened, with a duplicate of the Sync window. So I looked at the Courses section and pressed the 'Request a Course' button - and guess what, it actually opened a Request pro forma. So have found my own 'fix' to that problem, but clearly things ain't right with the main Sync page.

Thought I'd share this in case anyone else is having similar difficulties.

TG - in the UK

I received my SG4 this week and spent nearly 4 hours getting everything downloaded, activated, and installed. A very frustrating morning with a lot of second guessing why I ever bought this thing. I had used a Bushnell rangefinder and was very pleased with it. No downloads, no extra fees, just point and play. The SG4 had better be easier to use or it will be on the for sale liast with all the other clubs that I can't hit.

Well, after 5 unanswered e-mails (like, not even an acknowledgment) and 2 on-line chat sessions (during both of which I was ultimately dropped by the operator on the SkyCaddie end) I finally was able to sync my 2.5. The success seemed fairly random, since I didn't do anything any differently on the attempt that was successful than on the many previously unsuccessful attempts.

I'm paid through June with my subscription. I'm guessing I'll make a decision then based on whether these sync issues get solved. I sure do have a distaste for a company that obviously places such a low priority on day to day customer support and satisfaction. All in all, I think the product is decent, but the company attitude SUCKS.

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red Senior
TM Sim Max 3 Ventus Red Senior 
Cobra F9 17* Rescue Atmos Regular
TM Sim Max 19*, 25*, 28* Rescue Ventus Blue Senior 
Cobra F9 7-SW Atmos Regular
Vokey SM6 62* T Kuro Kage stiff
TM Spider Tour Day
OUUL stand bag
Titleist Velocity or Callaway Softfeel

I too have had problems with CaddieSync. I hadn't tried to connect for a while but when I did the site told me to download the new software. This I did as per the instructions but I couldn't get my SG2.5 to sync up with the website. To cut a long story short the only way I could get it to work was using my sons P/C which runs with Windows Vista. Both my and my wife's P/C failed, both ate on Windows XP SP3. I have emailed Skygolf but to date no reply. When I tried to contact them via telephone I was greeted with a message saying their technical team were not taking any calls due to the volume they were receiving......I wonder why!!!!!!

ditto..

my sg2.5 sync up fine. I called technical support because the CD they sent did not work, the guy said its old and to use the skygolf site to DL and install the skycaddie. The courses were easy to DL. I kind of miss the old playlist feature where you can sort your list out by whatever and upload the list you want.

I do like the added 20 course option but not sure if that alone was worth 20 extra bucks. I sure don't need a clock on my sg2.5

I guess I have been lucky, customer support has been great for me the last few times I called in. The sg2.5 only cost me 150 with a trade in of my old sg2.

• 1 year later...

Yes, I had the same problem. After attempting to activate the device for a day and a half and about ready to give up I found help. I went to SkyCaddie.com. Then to the support tab. On the right side of the page that came up is a link to a live Technical assist chat. It's available 24/7. I was there yesterday which was Sunday. I had to wait about 45 minutes before it was my turn (they send you a message every 4 minutes or so to let you know they haven't forgotten you). In light of what they have to do with each customer, I thought that was reasonable. A Tech by the name of Aaron came online and said he could resolve the problem, however it was necessary for me to allow him access to my computer, which I did. Our session took about 50 minutes. After he made the necessary adjustments to my computer, he downloaded an update to my SkyCaddie, then held my hand through the activation/ registration of my unit, then asked me which courses I wanted to download. Once I told him, he proceeded to download them to my SkyCaddie.

I had heard some bad things about their support, but I have nothing but high phrase for the way they handled my situation.

I hope this helps.

p.s.

I'm running Windows 7 as my OS, and Explorer 8 as my browser.