2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

For those of you with Ogio Grom or Ozone stand bags

Those of you that have them, do you like them? Likes/Dislikes?

Thinking of picking one up since I really like the colors and functionality of all the pockets and dividers but I primarily use a push cart and my current stand bag has the little "feet" at the base of the bag that causes my bag to sit crooked in my push cart which makes my push cart pull lean and pull to which ever side the feet are on.

Does the Ogio ArcLite base system have the same issue? It looks like it might, as when the legs from the stand are up, the base of the stand sticks down lower than the base of the bag.

I don't really like the look of cart bags and still occasionally carry my bag so a cart bag isn't really an option for me.

TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
TSR2 15* Ventus TR Blue 7X
TSi2 21* MRC Tensei Raw White  70TX
T100S 4-W Modus 120X
SM9 50F/54S/58D Modus 120X
Some sort of Cameron

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the Grom and the Ozone (Ogio is a Utah based company and for that reason, plus the great quality, I try to support them- I also have some Ogio luggage which is great quality).

I use the Ozone the most, because I like the color of that bag (white and black) better than my Grom which is red and tan, and, because the Ozone has the patented Ogio "Shling" carrying strap. I walk a fair bit and like the Shling strap, but it has been discontinued. The Shling is an unconvential design, not the traditional 2-strap.

The Grom is a bit nicer than the Ozone- but I think it was also more money, I can't remember. The Grom has the zipperless ball holder and a few differences in the pockets- nicer lining and a few more features on the Grom, but the Ozone is still super nice.

The quality of the Ogio bags- design, pockets, build quality, is the best I have seen.

The only weakness is the legs. I think they are only "average" in that they are slow to retract, and sometimes I have to nudge them to get them to retract all the way. My Ping Hoofer legs are better, but other than the legs, the Ogio is a better quality, better featured bag hands down.

Mizuno JPX-900 | Fujikura Speeder EVO II 661
Adams Super Hybrid XTD 17*
Mizuno JPX-900 Hybrid 21*
Taylormade P790 (5-Gap)
Callaway MD3 (58, 54)
Taylormade Spider Tour

I use the Grom, second Ogio bag I have had. I had a 3 yr old Edge I used until the beginning of this year, replaced it as it was showing wear and I was tired of looking at it, functionally it was still perfect. I have found them to be very well made and have had no issues with construction. I got the Grom this time as I liked the looks, as always with Ogio, they have tons of features. The only issue I have, and it is very minor, is sometimes my irons can get a little stuck when pulling out of the bag.

EDIT: I ride or use a push cart 90% of the time, the Grom is a little heavy but no issues with carry at all.

get the Grom its a really nice bag. Its a tad on the heavy side but im alright with that. The pockets are really nice, the ball silo is handy and so is the ball pocket. When riding on a cart the bag has a torq strap that prevents the bag from twisting and moving around. The legs are very solid and i have never had a problem with gusts/wind pushing the bag over.

Very solid bag, when i get a new bag it will be another Ogio!

I have the Ozone and I mostly carry the bag. I love the handle on the top, ball holder and the layout of the dividers. However, I have had issues with the stand opening fully and retracting properly. Other than that, it's a great bag.

My WITB
Callaway Epic 10.5º
Callaway Steelhead XR Hybrid 19º, 22º, 25º
Srixon Z545 (6 to PW)
Titleist Vokey SM6 50º, 54º
Taylormade Hi Toe 58º
Taylormade Tour Black Spider
Titleist ProV1

[color="#FF0000"][i]The only weakness is the legs. I think they are only "average" in that they are slow to retract, and sometimes I have to nudge them to get them to retract all the way.
[/i][/color]
I just starting using an Ozone --- gotta agree with the above, and also that the current strap is fine but not quite as easy on/off as the Izzo strap on my old bag (but no problem with comfort). The construction, design, features, club separation, etc. of the Ozone are all 1st class.

Grom:
Dislikes:
* The legs / stand fxn are way below avg. They have a poorly designed adjustable tensioner that foppafan was referring to - that either makes it too hard for the leg's to deploy, or else doesn't force the leg's don't retract all the way.
* A bit heavy for a carry bag
* Small stuff falls out of the zipperless ball pocket (tees, sharpies, divot repair tools
* irons start to fall out when i walk w/ double straps unless i have a ton of balls or water bottles counterweighing the bottom of the bag. I yanked one side totally short and the other side long, but something is off. - i have an older version (06?)w/o the waste thingy

Like's
*pockets: good design, lots of room plus scorecard holder, water bottle pouch
* cart strap works well...bag doesn't shift

I recco you get a Sunmountain bag (or the more $$ Titleist versions). Only complaint is the version i have doesn't have a putter well. I bought a superlite version, but i'd bet their heavier versions are good too.

You can't beat an Ogio bag for style and function. As most of us have figured out there is no perfect bag and the Ogio's have some little things here and there that could be improved but IMHO they make the closest to a true all purpose bag of anyone on the market. Other stand bags don't really sit very well on a cart (ride or push) but the Ogio's have that all worked out with a better bottom/stand plunger system for that purpose and the torque strap. If you like the Grom, take a look at the Edge, which has a few more features. TGW.com has them for $129 right now, I just picked one up in black and silver and it's a very nice bag. That will save you a few bucks over the Grom.

[quote name='retep' post='1894779' date='Aug 17 2009, 04:19 PM']please take a look at sun mountain...
i previously was ogio'ing... happy with the sun mountain...[/quote]

I'm doing the same. Ogio are the BEST ORGANIZER bags because of the Woode top and the water bottle holder that's deep and perfectly balanced when carrying.

Quality-wise, they always have failed me. I've had three, and the strap busted on 1, the fabric ripped on another, and the stand crapped out on the third.

The new Ozone has a different stand deployment system and 'stubby' legs. It's great for carrying because the legs retract tight against the body, but you have to literally push down on the the bag when trying to deploy them and it's really awkward.

So a Titleist branded Sun Mountain is what I'm using now.

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

I have a Grom bag and I really like it. The only thing I don't like is the weight. I've been using it for over five years and it's still in great shape.

I have a brand new (w/o tags) Ozone that I would consider selling to ya. Its just sitting in the closet waiting to replace the Grom, but that doesn't appear like it will be any time soon.

After hearing all of the amazing things people were saying about the Grom, I picked one up this year, and have to say, I was very disappointed in it. A lot of my dislikes have already been mentioned, but for me, my bag broke (rip in material, Torque strap ripped, all within 15 rounds), its on the heavier side, and, while I think the Zipperless Ball Pocket is a great idea, small items were constantly falling out of it. Finally, I found the pockets a little too small, especially the big pocket where I would typically keep rain gear.

While I agree that there is no perfect bag, if you are walking a lot, I'd recommend the Titleist Premuim, picked one of those up and it was a great bag, unfortuantly, doesn't fit on a cart very well so it had to go back, but if it did, it would have my perfect bag. Waiting now to see how the new Ping Hoofer's turn out.- Good Luck!

Cobra LTDx Aldila NV 75 

TaylorMade Stealth Fairway 3HL FUJIKURA VISTA PRO 21 65S

Cobra LTDx 4 Hybrid 20* KBS PGI 85

Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 5-GW Project X LZ 6.0

Titleist SM9 55*/60*
Bobby Grace F-18

I do have the pinstriped Grom bag and love it! I tried almost every carry bag out there on a sun MTN cart and this is the best fit on a 3 wheel I have seen. the stand mechanism is small and goes between the down tubes, and the bag strap that Ogio has will hold the bag firmly in place... doesn't twist at all!

It's a well made bag, and will last a long time. I love it!