plus1

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a welded neck, early release Studio style Newport 1.5

Very Nice!

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Head Golf Professional @ Peninsula Golf Resort, KY[/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Srixon & UST Mamiya Staff Member[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Srixon Z565 9.5*, UST Mamiya Elements Prototype 7F5T[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Srixon ZF65 15. UST Mamiya ATTAS T2 8X[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Srixon U45 19*, UST Mamiya iRod 85F5[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Srixon Z765 3-PW. UST Mamiya Recoil Prototype 125 F5[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist Vokey TVD 52/58 M-Grind, UST Mamiya Wedge Proto F5[/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport 2, Frequency Filter shaft[/font]

Looks like it started its life off as a newport 1.5 early release and I can't speak to who did the modifications but you can send it to get authenticated, but my guess, someone had a custom putter person weld the neck and add the tungsten, but then again if it was done for a tour player it could've been done by scotty. best way to know COA.

Looks like it started its life off as a newport 1.5 early release and I can't speak to who did the modifications but you can send it to get authenticated, but my guess, someone had a custom putter person weld the neck and add the tungsten, but then again if it was done for a tour player it could've been done by scotty. best way to know COA.

so are you suggesting this is a fake? i paid $$$ for it so wanna hear thoughts! the seller is legit and has excellent contacts on tour...

How do i get a COA

Hmm...I am perplexed by this....

Def a legit head cover. Issue is, there was oris just aboutno Studio Styles on Tour.

A few things that make it look legit....1, cover and two the stamping on the sole, for the Sales sample....

what DOESNT look right is the tungensten weight Added and neck. Yes, there are many putters that have these weights....and many putters that have these necks....However... I have never seen Scotty take a tour sample...THEN go add tungensten weight, and then cut the neck off and center weld it.

When I see a neck like this on the putter, it looks like it was intended tobe center shafted and the stamping on the neck if at all looks diffrent.

In this case it looks like the neck was taken off the heel, placed in the center and there was tungsten weights added AFTER the sample testing...i just dont see scotty going and doing that to a Sales Sample....something is off for me about this one...but it could be legit.

Heh, it could be ernies new SC, a center shafted, insert... :cheesy:

also...Plus1 no offense...but how do you spend all this money on a putter....THEN ASK if its legit or if anyone knows the story on it? Further....how do you do all of the above and not even know what or how to get a COA on this thing? Something is Fishy here. :)

I saw this putter on ebay as well...my take is it might be legit.....but it sure looks like a Slighter mods to me..as he likes to use the tungstun weights like that and welding the neck sure would not be hard to do either...but the only real way to find out is to send it in for a COA....but heck it you putt well with who cares!!

metal...if looks like it was a legit sales sample that was switched and weighted after market....again, if the neck was supose to be there, and the stamping the same, the bottom of the Y in Scotty would not be cut off...not SC's style imo.

My final verdict....started life as a legit Sales Sample, after market weights and neck has been moved by someone other then SC and the studio.

ok enough of the games.....nothing fishy here.......i was just asking has anyone seen a cammy like this b4

THIS PUTTER IS 100% LEGIT, ie scotty test sample, it came from the tour van and was bought from a very very reputable source! the question at hand is whether or not this is a custom job for the tour player it was issued to? or was this done on the tour van?

PS this is the studio 1.5 model, ie the old santa fe neck.....this is exactly the way the neck is meant to be, bar the welding....i have a circle t cameron in the house with a virtually idntical neck. it is actually no where near the centre. Also if you look carefully at the pic, there are no marks or evidence of the neck being moved......!

Lastly i am a cammy collector, yes....but seeing i am from the uk, and we are kept in the dark, i honestly have NO idea how i would get a COA.....do i go through a rep?

metal...if looks like it was a legit sales sample that was switched and weighted after market....again, if the neck was supose to be there, and the stamping the same, the bottom of the Y in Scotty would not be cut off...not SC's style imo.

My final verdict....started life as a legit Sales Sample, after market weights and neck has been moved by someone other then SC and the studio.

What happens if i send it in to get a coa and theysay it is an aftermarket job....

What happens if i send it in to get a coa and theysay it is an aftermarket job....

you will either get a "C" or lower letter instead of an "A" or worse case he will reject COA altogether with.

Woods : Callaway Razr TA, Titleist F3-05
Hybrid : Adams LSP XTD
Irons : Fourteen TC910 3&4I, Nike VRProCombo 5-PW
Wedges : Fourteen RM-11 54/60
Putter : Nike Method 003 Oven

...looking at the auction....this guy is already exagerating a bit in his discripton a few times

"THE INCREDIBLY RARE WELDED NECK AND HEEL AND TOE TUNGSTEN WEIGHTING MAY WELL SUGGEST THAT THE PUTTER WAS MADE BY MR CAMERON HIMSELF.

......AND OF COURSE - THIS TOUR PUTTER HAS THE VERY DESIREABLE MATCHING $200.00 SCOTTY CAMERON STUDIO STYLE "FOR TOUR USE ONLY" HEADCOVER THAT ONLY THE TOP TOUR PLAYERS GET!!"

Not made by SC himself, and not even close to a 200.00 cover. Also looking at alot of his finished auctions.....I dont see alot of Scotty Cameron Tour Products. I do see alot of shoes for sale and alot of Diesel/Energie Jeans. Hmmmm.....

Also, I see a Yes Tracy auction, the Title reads like the putter was Stewart Appleby's....or the AME Shamrock cover, like it was the Scotty Cameron 4 leaf cover....that sold for almost 90 bucks????!!!!!

Something fishy...guy throwst Finest on ebay,or greatest ebay has ever seen, or ULTRA RARE on everyone of his auctions....

...I dont know man, the only thing you can do is send it into Scotty and ask for a COA and see what you hear back and go from there. I personally would not deal with any Tour putter that does not have a COA unless it is a guy or dealer that I know personally like Art of Putters or Table Rock golf.....remember, dont just buy the item, you gotta buy the seller.