2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Tour Striker

filthee

Martin, if you could comment on how my impact looks in the second video, and what I could possibly improve on, it would be much appreciated! Remember, the tour striker price is on the line!!!

Thanks a bunch for your product, it is going to have a tremendous impact on my swing. I will keep you updated with how things go,

Mike

o3mll4c08g041eisk2ex.jpg

Thanks a bunch Martin! I will try and keep you updated.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='mwolfe2009' timestamp='1312166960' post='3440353']
Martin one question we all are dieing to know. When is the tour issue version coming out?:cheesy:
[/quote]

I am at the Reno Tahoe Open. I sponsored the tee prize for the pro am. Amazing how many Tour Players have never seen the club! Most of the guys were taken aback by the TSPX until they put their Tour swing on it and flushed it. I didn't see too many goofy shots. I saw a couple of 210 yard thin shots.

I get to test the TS Driver next week! Can't wait to hit it. Hopefully it tests out as planned and I can start selling them by October.

[quote name='ZombieDave' timestamp='1312280408' post='3443445']
Is it easy to adjust the lie angle of these?

I'm in the UK and can't find anywhere offering custom fit, but my regular irons are 3 degrees up and an inch longer than standard. Would I be able to get one of these adjusted by my local pro?
[/quote]

You can bend it. The bending machine needs a back stop used to bend woods. I've cranked them 4 degrees either way.

Haven't read all of the threads here but...

I went out golfing today, shortish course, par 72.

Took only my tour striker, putter and gap wedge to pitch and chip with.

My two friends were laughing the entire first hole!

Scored 84....

Hit overall better with just the TS than with all of my other clubs combined!

Now if only CMartin could make me a TS driver.....

[quote name='mac94' timestamp='1312585871' post='3455425']
This is the only practice aide I would recommend right now.
[/quote]

Thanks Mac.

I went to the Reno Tahoe Open on Monday and Tuesday. I donated some TS clubs to the Pro Ams and I was given range privileges to introduce the TS to Tour Players. I know a lot of the guys, so it was great to catch up. We are going to tweak the infomercial with some Tour testimonial.

I was amazed how many Tour Pros had never heard of the Tour Striker. Most all of the guys were pretty complimentary and, of course, they all flushed the TS7X with little trouble. I saw a couple of thin-ish shots, but nothing too funky.

One of the shaft reps was talking to Rocco Mediate. The rep is a big fan of the TS and actually wanted to rep the TS in his region. He asked Rocco what he thought of the TS and Rocco said, "It is the worst thing ever. You don't want to get here (showing forward lean), you want to get here (showing a vertical shaft). The amazing thing (to me) was how loud he was. I mean, you could have heard him 40 yards in any direction as he bagged on my product. There I was standing not 20 yards as he's bagging on me. I was pretty amazed. I respect him for his opinion. Like a sphincter, we all have one. Then he went on to talk about the V-Harness and how it worked awesome, etc, etc.

Overall, my experience at the RTO was very positive. I was taken aback by Rocco, but I have to slough off stuff like that.

Wow! That’s crazy. Sorry Martin but that scene you describedwith Rocco got my funny bone. I can just see it.J You have the rightattitude. Laugh it off and grow a bit more lizard skin and don’t worry becausethe thing works and has many more fans than detractors. That’s great you got tohang with the big boys at the RTO.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

[quote name='scotee' timestamp='1312611719' post='3456326']
Wow! That's crazy. Sorry Martin but that scene you describedwith Rocco got my funny bone. I can just see it.J You have the rightattitude. Laugh it off and grow a bit more lizard skin and don't worry becausethe thing works and has many more fans than detractors. That's great you got tohang with the big boys at the RTO.

[/quote]

Vaughn Taylor was on the putting green at the time (between Rocco and I). I don't know Vaughn but I said hello and asked him how he was doing. He basically referred to his game and said, "not great lately." Since he won the RTO back-to-back a few years ago, I said something like, "well this place likes you and maybe a return here will start some good mojo." He smiled and got back to his putting.

When Rocco went on his rant, Vaughn looked up at me with a sympathetic smile and just shook his head, like "here goes Rocco."

Martin, do you have any drills that make your arms powerless? I'm trying to get centrifugal force to square the clubface easily at impact (with little manipulation) but I can't do it unless I have powerless arms (or passive). So what drills would you recommend to ingrain powerless or passive arms? My golf instructor's a big advocate of centrifugal force with powerless arms.

[quote name='golfdu' timestamp='1312693795' post='3458416']
Martin, do you have any drills that make your arms powerless? I'm trying to get centrifugal force to square the clubface easily at impact (with little manipulation) but I can't do it unless I have powerless arms (or passive). So what drills would you recommend to ingrain powerless or passive arms? My golf instructor's a big advocate of centrifugal force with powerless arms.
[/quote]

The arms feel passive when they know what they are doing. Once they are "educated" they don't feel like they do much.

The fact remains that the straightening of the right arm is a big power source in the swing if it is used correctly. Do I personally feel like I thrust with the right arm? No, but my right arm sure adds structure to my left arm so that my rotating chest can get my arms to do some work. If my right arm was "mush" my arms would collapse and the pivot's thrust wouldn't do much good.

The left arm compresses against the chest in the backswing while the right arm supports it and doesn't allow it to over bend. The pivot and rotating chest should be able to deliver the arms/club unit w/out too much manipulation IF you have your hands on the club per your given sequence.

Sorry to not provide a "drill." There is more to it than simply a drill. I'd have to see your action to prescribe a drill that made sense for your sequence of motion.

[quote name='bath4golf' timestamp='1312760455' post='3460208']
[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1312552510' post='3454024']
TS Driver...coming soon.

Yasu, cool story. I bet your friends weren't laughing after the round;)
[/quote]

Hey Martin . . . . . just wondering what we might expect from the TS Driver....
[/quote]

Hi Ed, the proto was shipped yesterday. I'm eager to hit it and report the findings to you guys. Hopefully it won't require many tweaks.

Hey Martin,

Found this item that looks like a big felt pen made for marking face of club to show ball hits.

Water soluble, wipes off easily.

Used on my TS and this is the impression it leaves.

You can even see the little dimples from the ball.

Really cool with the Tour Striker for really seeing where you are hitting the face...

[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1312696512' post='3458486']
[/quote]

The arms feel passive when they know what they are doing. Once they are "educated" they don't feel like they do much.

The fact remains that the straightening of the right arm is a big power source in the swing if it is used correctly. Do I personally feel like I thrust with the right arm? No, but my right arm sure adds structure to my left arm so that my rotating chest can get my arms to do some work. If my right arm was "mush" my arms would collapse and the pivot's thrust wouldn't do much good.

The left arm compresses against the chest in the backswing while the right arm supports it and doesn't allow it to over bend. The pivot and rotating chest should be able to deliver the arms/club unit w/out too much manipulation IF you have your hands on the club per your given sequence.

Sorry to not provide a "drill." There is more to it than simply a drill. I'd have to see your action to prescribe a drill that made sense for your sequence of motion.
[/quote]

Thanks, Martin, and one more question, how many inches do you usually put the ball ahead of the quadrant line when doing the sand drill? I have the forward shaft lean now but I don't have the downward strike quite down yet.

[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1312603783' post='3456142']
[quote name='mac94' timestamp='1312585871' post='3455425']
This is the only practice aide I would recommend right now.
[/quote]

Thanks Mac.

I went to the Reno Tahoe Open on Monday and Tuesday. I donated some TS clubs to the Pro Ams and I was given range privileges to introduce the TS to Tour Players. I know a lot of the guys, so it was great to catch up. We are going to tweak the infomercial with some Tour testimonial.

I was amazed how many Tour Pros had never heard of the Tour Striker. Most all of the guys were pretty complimentary and, of course, they all flushed the TS7X with little trouble. I saw a couple of thin-ish shots, but nothing too funky.

One of the shaft reps was talking to Rocco Mediate. The rep is a big fan of the TS and actually wanted to rep the TS in his region. He asked Rocco what he thought of the TS and Rocco said, "It is the worst thing ever. You don't want to get here (showing forward lean), you want to get here (showing a vertical shaft). The amazing thing (to me) was how loud he was. I mean, you could have heard him 40 yards in any direction as he bagged on my product. There I was standing not 20 yards as he's bagging on me. I was pretty amazed. I respect him for his opinion. Like a sphincter, we all have one. Then he went on to talk about the V-Harness and how it worked awesome, etc, etc.

Overall, my experience at the RTO was very positive. I was taken aback by Rocco, but I have to slough off stuff like that.
[/quote]

Jimmy Ballards influence at it's best...

WITB:
Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* Kuro Kage Silver TINI 70s
FW: Ping G25 4 wood Kuro Kage Silver TINI 80s
Utility: 20* King Forged Utility One Length C Taper Lite S
Irons: King Forged One Length 4-PW C Taper Lite S
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin 50, 54, 58
Putter: Custom Directed Force Reno 2.0 48" 80* Lie Side Saddle

[quote name='golfdu' timestamp='1312875189' post='3465122']
[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1312696512' post='3458486']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks, Martin, and one more question, how many inches do you usually put the ball ahead of the quadrant line when doing the sand drill? I have the forward shaft lean now but I don't have the downward strike quite down yet.
[/quote]

Frankie, I put the back of the ball right on the line.

[quote name='jabrch' timestamp='1313295001' post='3483118']
Cant wait to see the TS Driver!!!!
[/quote]

I just went to grab it and post some pics and realized my wife took that car for a "girls night dinner."

I got to test it today. I love it. Yes, I know I developed it, but it sure tells a tale. Besides, it is built as well as any other top end OEM club.

When I'm swinging poorly, I hit hooks and most of the shots come out of the heel. With this thing, you had better hit it on the button. It really makes you focus and when you realize you can thump a driver (460cc) with a face the size of a golf ball, you get pretty confident.

I had a higher handicapper hit it today and he loved it too.

I'm not sure the average golfer will see the benefit vs challenge. We'll see.

I'll post pics soon.

Thanks for the interest.

d5yntyg2s5kra54bcy5d.jpg

27dhomyyv0qjpjl79mnq.jpg

The face is blackened so you can wipe off the impact marks with your thumb so you can see the next strike point. Yes, I'm bias, but I love the thing...

It won't be available until October 15th +/-. We are thinking of pricing it at $179. The Ti head is as pretty and well made as any top line OEM club.

Any forum thoughts or input would be great.

Thanks,

Martin

[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1313450292' post='3489713']
[/quote]

[media]http://www.box.net/shared/static/d5yntyg2s5kra54bcy5d.jpg[/media]

[media]http://www.box.net/shared/static/27dhomyyv0qjpjl79mnq.jpg[/media]

The face is blackened so you can wipe off the impact marks with your thumb so you can see the next strike point. Yes, I'm bias, but I love the thing...

It won't be available until October 15th +/-. We are thinking of pricing it at $179. The Ti head is as pretty and well made as any top line OEM club.

Thanks,

Martin
[/quote]

Need to see a pic from address view.

WITB:
Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5* Kuro Kage Silver TINI 70s
FW: Ping G25 4 wood Kuro Kage Silver TINI 80s
Utility: 20* King Forged Utility One Length C Taper Lite S
Irons: King Forged One Length 4-PW C Taper Lite S
Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin 50, 54, 58
Putter: Custom Directed Force Reno 2.0 48" 80* Lie Side Saddle

[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1313450292' post='3489713']
[/quote]

[media]http://www.box.net/shared/static/d5yntyg2s5kra54bcy5d.jpg[/media]

[media]http://www.box.net/shared/static/27dhomyyv0qjpjl79mnq.jpg[/media]

Thanks,

Martin
[/quote]

Martin,

Will it be available in LH?

On a side note, just got my new index from SNGA. Has dropped 3 strokes since beginning of the year :partytime2: