driver question please please help me

R9, D2 , 905R
hello i have a question i bought a 909d2 last april 10.5 grafalloy blue regular then later in the season i bought a 905R 10.5 also with a regualar graffa blue aswell and yester day i bought a taylormade R9 normal version not 460 in a 9.5 stiff with motore could someone please tell me what the flight difference should be between the 3 driver thanks a lot
my r9 is also 1 degree open if that helps

i am/was under the impression titleist drivers do lauch the ball lower can anyone confirm this thanks

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well of those 3 drivers you have, one is a 9.5 with a stiff while the other two are a 10.5 regular. That is a pretty big difference. To compare clubs accurately, you should avoid all variables if possible. Not that Im against the taylormade, but the two titleist drivers have the same loft and shaft flex so thos will be good ones to compare. Hope this helps.

[quote name='neil*a' date='24 February 2010 - 03:34 PM' timestamp='1267043686' post='2274621']
Not that I want to complicate things but what about swapping the shafts?

Do the different flex's not cause you problems?

[/quote]

i would need to buy the R9 sleeve to change the shafts which there are a lot of fakes going about so i am unsure i have emailed joe kwok to see if he has any left but also if it matters my R9 which i got 3 days ago seems to be going lower than the rest apart from the loft i have it one degree open which i was told actually makes the ball go lower can anyone confirm

also i started last season with the 909 D2 10.5 i never used it with the voodoo as the reg was like a senior flex lol however i hit it pretty well then thought i would change to a 905R 10.5 as the face looked a little more open i got a better flight with this than the d2 it also has a graffalloy blue but then i know a guy who gets me equipment very cheap so i got a brand new R9 for £145 in a 9.5 but i feel like its going too low maybe its just beacuse im not used to the loft yet but i have gotten alot taller and strongr in the last year hence the stiff shaft im 17 now and play to a 3 hc its snowing here in scotland so the range is my only option the now i was going to maybe sell the D2 and keep the 905R and the R9 is this a wise move thanks people please reply

[quote name='sidewinder0613' date='24 February 2010 - 06:58 PM' timestamp='1267055924' post='2275070']
Well of those 3 drivers you have, one is a 9.5 with a stiff while the other two are a 10.5 regular. That is a pretty big difference. To compare clubs accurately, you should avoid all variables if possible. Not that Im against the taylormade, but the two titleist drivers have the same loft and shaft flex so thos will be good ones to compare. Hope this helps.
[/quote]

the logic behind this wasthat i had gotten a lot bigger about 6 inches or so and a lot stronger but i was under the impression titleist launched the ball a little lower can u confirm this do u think the motore is as good a shaft as my beloved blues :) ive had the graffa blue in my last 3 or 4 drivers but i was also wondering if possible could you compare a stiff motore to a stiff grafallow blue in terms of flight etc

thanks mate

[quote name='GregMiller' date='25 February 2010 - 12:45 AM' timestamp='1267058729' post='2275178']
[quote name='neil*a' date='24 February 2010 - 07:36 PM' timestamp='1267058209' post='2275151']
Might be worth getting your swingspeed checked.
[/quote]

i can do it anytime i want asd i get golf at school with trackman aswell what would be a reasonable/suitable swing for a stiff motore
thanks mate
[/quote]

Mid 90's give or take a couple won't be far away

I've got the 909 D3 X-Stiff Voodoo in the bag but still got a 905R Fujikura Speeder (Stiff) and 907 D2 UST Pro Force V2 (Stiff). So I'd always say Titleist.......

Don't see much point keeping the D2 and 905 if the R9 and irons have stiff shafts (just a guess on the irons but would dout that Stephen Gallacher would hit regulars).

Why not either sell both Titlests and get a Stiff 905 as a backup? Or sell the D2 and use the cash to reshaft the 905?

[quote name='neil*a' date='28 February 2010 - 07:50 AM' timestamp='1267361401' post='2282788']
I've got the 909 D3 X-Stiff Voodoo in the bag but still got a 905R Fujikura Speeder (Stiff) and 907 D2 UST Pro Force V2 (Stiff). So I'd always say Titleist.......

Don't see much point keeping the D2 and 905 if the R9 and irons have stiff shafts (just a guess on the irons but would dout that Stephen Gallacher would hit regulars).

Why not either sell both Titlests and get a Stiff 905 as a backup? Or sell the D2 and use the cash to reshaft the 905?
[/quote]

ive not got regular shafts in my irons its project x 6.0 however these were my bshafts they ahd x100's in them when stephen gave them to me i think i am going to keep the head at least of the 905R as it is arguably one of the best drivers however im still unsure whether to sell the D2 and do you know how much i should try and sell it for roughly its excellent condition thanks mate

[quote name='neil*a' date='02 March 2010 - 05:12 PM' timestamp='1267567931' post='2288656']
Anything from £100 to £150.

The 905R's a great club, would definately put a stiff shaft in it though.
[/quote]

thanks for some of the help neil just another question if you dont mind do you know if the flex of the project x 6.0 would be a good match with the stiff motore i mean in terms of a similar flex and also i hit my r9 very good today when i put the ball a little forward in my stance also do you know what having a 9.5 2 degrees open effectively makes it thanks a lot hope u can answer

cheers