2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Official Big Break VI thread

bjackson

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to hear what Gavin has to say regarding Bri & Bridget....?

Well hi guys, did you miss me?? (cool) :cheesy: I got really sick in Portugal and essentially could not play. I dropped 6 shots in my final 8 holes on the 3rd day after being even up to that point.

Anyway as far as Bridget goes, I found her to be a sweetheart. She is smart, (has at least 2 degrees) and is attractive, which makes for some cattiness. If there is / was bad blood between Brig and Bri on the DFT I would not know about it, but it seemd to me that the girls felt less threatened by Bri as a result they all chose her. I picked Bri to win as I thought that she needed the financial help more than Bridget, but either of them winning is just fine in my book. That is about all I can say right now as I have not seen the 11/28 episode, in fact I have not seen any shows for the last 3 weeks as I have been in Portugal. I will catch up this week (Tivo) and pass comment later.

Just for your info, due to the course layout, and the moving of all the equipment and such, the taping of the final match took over 8 hours.

Gavin

BBVI contestant

Well hi guys, did you miss me?? (cool) :cheesy: I got really sick in Portugal and essentially could not play. I dropped 6 shots in my final 8 holes on the 3rd day after being even up to that point.

Anyway as far as Bridget goes, I found her to be a sweetheart. She is smart, (has at least 2 degrees) and is attractive, which makes for some cattiness. If there is / was bad blood between Brig and Bri on the DFT I would not know about it, but it seemd to me that the girls felt less threatened by Bri as a result they all chose her. I picked Bri to win as I thought that she needed the financial help more than Bridget, but either of them winning is just fine in my book. That is about all I can say right now as I have not seen the 11/28 episode, in fact I have not seen any shows for the last 3 weeks as I have been in Portugal. I will catch up this week (Tivo) and pass comment later.

Just for your info, due to the course layout, and the moving of all the equipment and such, the taping of the final match took over 8 hours.

Gavin

BBVI contestant

First, yes, we did miss you. I think I speak for everyone when I say that we look forward to your "morning after" analysis at least as much as the show itself.

Sorry to hear about Q-school. Was routing for you.

8 hours for a match is insane. No wonder people got thrown out of their rhythm. How can you really judge a person's game under those conditions?

...as far as Bridget goes, I found her to be a sweetheart. She is smart, (has at least 2 degrees) and is attractive, which makes for some cattiness...

Smart, pretty, confident, good mental game, a "sweetheart"......no wonder the other girls don't like her. :crazy2: Didn't hear too many of the guys cheering for Bridgette on the first box, either. Too bad....she's a keeper.

Thanks, Gavin.

[i][color=#0000cd][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font][/b][/color][/i]

jeff needs some magic and i know youll all hate me for this but i want bri to win

brigdet is an @$$ and full of herself i hope she looses

Why do you think that?

Same question for me.

I'm biased because I'm from Hawaii, but I think Bridget is one of the more down to earth contestants and taking everything in stride, Bri seems to look for things to get fired up about. Ridiculous things like the pin tending incident. Bridget is just a machine and I hope she keeps it going for the back 9.

8.5* Nike Vapor Speed - 7m3
15* Cobra Amp Cell - Fubuki 70x
18* Adams A12 - GD DI 85x
20* Adams Super 9031 - UST VTS 100x
54*, 58* Nike VR Forged
5-PW Mizuno MP64 - PXi 6.0

Well, tonight is 2 hour final.

Unless Denny has a meltdown, that match will be over after the next 3-4 holes.

Bri definitely overreacted when Bridget asked her to tend the flag.

Bridget does seem to have the personality of a rock, remember 2 weeks ago when Rachel wanted to shake her hand and Bridget looked like she thought Rachel was handing her the flag or something.

Bri has been over the top about her nerves, don't know if she is doing it on purpose to get more "air time" or its the way they have spliced the tapes (you know this is "reality tv")

Not sure why, but the 3 finals girls matches on BB(this season, plus 2 previous - although with Ashley everyone else didn't liker her - Jeanie seemed indifferent) have been absolute catfights personality wise - most of the guy ones have been comptetive but pretty chummy affairs.

jeff needs some magic and i know youll all hate me for this but i want bri to win

Why do you think that?

she seems sococky like when she said that 180 yard shot was easy, she only said it because she made it 3 times and no one else made it she was trying to get them mad.

shes dumb like when she had 2 drivers in her bag, come one grow up, you cant expect anyone to do stuff for you, learn how to take car of yourself

Why do you think that?

she seems sococky like when she said that 180 yard shot was easy, she only said it because she made it 3 times and no one else made it she was trying to get them mad.

shes dumb like when she had 2 drivers in her bag, come one grow up, you cant expect anyone to do stuff for you, learn how to take car of yourself

Obviously beauty is in the eye of the beholder, which is why I think she is drop dead gorgeous and you think that she is puke. As for stupid, she is definately not so, anyone can make that sort of mistake, Take Ian Woosnam who had a real shot at winning the British Open (I believe) a few years ago, he had an extra driver in his bag and that cost him at least 2 shots and he lost by 1

Tiger went out in the US Open at Pebble a few years ago with 1 sleeve of balls in his bag, he gave one away to a young fan after he used it, then hit one into the water on the tee shot on 18 and had to reload with his last ball, he and Steve left the extra sleeve of balls at the putting green prior to the round. Just another silly mistake. No one is perfect and the pressure of the moment makes you do crazy things, believe me I was there.

Gavin

BB VI Contestant

shes dumb like when she had 2 drivers in her bag, come one grow up, you cant expect anyone to do stuff for you, learn how to take car of yourself.

Actually, I applauded her honesty and sportsmanship - I bet if she didn't say anything, no one else might have noticed. She accepted all responsibility and then played lights out and they won the challenge anyway.

Why do you think that?

shes dumb like when she had 2 drivers in her bag, come one grow up, you cant expect anyone to do stuff for you, learn how to take car of yourself.

(1) I would be happy to count her clubs any day

(2) Before you sling insults about someone's appearance, perhaps you should post a picture of yourself so we can judge the source.

(3) A "loser"??? Well, she hasn't lost yet. So, if you mean "loser" literally, well, you're wrong. If, however, you mean "loser" in the broader, colloquial sense, then I suggest you provide some real facts to back up your opinion. Otherwise, you just seem like an uninformed, juvenile, malcontent who can't spell or put together a coherent sentence. In other words, if you want people to read and respect your opinion, make it worthy of reading.

GREAT RESPONSE Charlie_Foxtrot! :crazy2:

I'm disappointed this thread has often taken the typical path of discussing the breasts and temperments of the women (please don't call them girls anymore...) vs. their golf skills - my appreciation to those guys who don't do that and attempt to get the discussion back on track.

Personally I'm pulling for Bri - she's from Andover MA (neighboring town) plus I work for the Women's Golf Association of MA and she won our state championship a few years ago... so I'm a bit biased. :)

Lastly, please please please don't post who won without a SPOILER ALERT - I won't be able to watch tonight's show until tomorrow (ugh!).

Thanks,

Deb.

Yes thank you Charlie for upholding the standards around here. :crazy2: I really wanted to type out a reply to that ignorant post, but after reading yours I don't think I could state it any better than you did. Nice work mate!

Gavin, terribly sorry that you got ill during the tourny. I'm looking forward to your next update almost as much as I'm looking forward to tonights show.

Nice reply Charlie - Agree with you 100% and I always enjoy reading your posts.

I'm definitely rooting for Bridget. Nothing really against Bri, but Bridget has played so well and is just beautiful. At least we are treated to some good golf no matter who wins…I just hope that it’s Bridget! :crazy2: :)

--TW

Arrgg. The post of mine that was previously here was just way too preachy, I had to kill it. Sorry.

Oh, and since this post is now a big blank spot of the thread: Can anyone tell me why neither Bridget nor Bri seemed to be in the Q-School field? (or maybe I missed it.)

And for those who didn't see it already, Sarah Lynn Johnston (from IL) got her LPGA tour card in Q-School this Sunday. She tied for 10th at 2-under par.

I'm definitely rooting for Bridget. Nothing really against Bri, but Bridget has played so well and is just beautiful. At least we are treated to some good golf no matter who wins…I just hope that it’s Bridget! :crazy2: :)

--TW

I can't figure out who to root for. I like both finalists and both seem like they both might be able to make it at the next level if they keep improving their skills (not necessarily top-tier, but enough to make a decent living).

Both have seemed pretty solid and only faltered once or twice. I like Bridget because of her sunny disposition and because she snowboards (my other passion). I like Bri because of her fire and emotion.

I think Bridget has the edge on mental toughness. I think she definitely has Bri figured out and is using it to her advantage. I still can't figure out why all of the other ladies seem to be routing for Bri. Some backstory from the Future's tour would be interesting.

I was routing for Jeff simply because he lives near where I grew up and I didn't have another tiebreaker for the guys. Both seem nice, friendly, and possess the same skill level. But I just don't see any way Jeff can come back. Oh well, Denny seems a a solid guy.

Honestly, I wish all 4 of the remaining players could win.

EDIT to correct improperly used homophone.

And Kristy Mcpherson got in off the futures tour. This is obviously the best Big Break class yet, as 2 of them already locked up FULL status for next year

Titleist TSR3 9* w/ GD UB-6 (S)
Titleist TSR2 15* & 21* w/ GD UB-7,8 (S)
Titleist u505 22* w/ Atmos Blue HB 85 (S)
Titleist T200/150 5-PW w/ Steelfiber i110 (S)
Vokey SM8 50*, 55*, 60* w/ S300
Scotty Cameron Toolbox

I think that both of these ladies have an immense amount of talent with very bright futures ahead of them, besides both are very attractive. My main comment here is that I think Bri doesn't need to get down on herself so much. It seems almost every shot tonight she has been whining about something. I do know us golfers have the habit to do so, but when you are playing for a living one needs to not get down on themselves quite so much IMO. On a lighter note I would love to go head to head with them anyday on the course and get beat by two lovely ladies!

Ooooohhhhh, they got us good.

Looks like TGC might know what they're doing after all. . . . :crazy2:

Yes they did get us!

Callaway GBB Epic 10.5* - HZRDUS 5.5

Callaway GBB Epic 15* - HZRDUS 6.0

Adams Idea Pro 18* - Proto 80-S
Adams Idea A7 22* - Axivcore 85 S

Nike Pro Combo OS: 5-PW - Rifle 5.5

TaylorMade MG Hi-Toe 52* & 58* Big Foot - HI-REV 2.0
Yes! Callie

Vice Golf Tour

Three observations:

(1) What the HELL was with TGC plastering their .com logo RIGHT ON TOP OF THE CUP on Denny's final putt to win the entire competition?!?! You couldn't see his putt until it dropped into the cup at the very last second. What graphics dimwit made that decision? EDIT: I see they fixed it in the replay.

(2) Did anyone else catch Bridget talking about the "Think Box" and "Play Box" ? I guess she's read "Every Shot Must Have a Purpose" eh?

(3) I TiVo'd the show so I didn't have to deal with the commercials, but it did seem like I was skipping through the show more than usual. But I just assumed it was because it was a 2 hour show instead of the normal 1 hour.

I don't know why, but I was cheering for Bri even though her whining bothers me. (And no, it had nothing to do with her appearance - I think both ladies are attractive.) I don't know if either Bri or Bridget has the skills to make it on the LPGA, but it will be fun to follow their careers.

I wanted Jeff to win, but how can you root against Denny? They both seem like great guys.

I hope Bridget and Jeff win the Reunion show.

gotta give all of the players credit for playing some good golf considering it took 8 hours to play and they have been stopping and starting constantly. must have been hard to get their flows going again.

also, gotta give the ladies tons of credit for their shorts games. i was very impressed with both their putting and chipping.

congrats to the winners.

i wonder what the next concept will be after the reunion. i would also like to see them go back to the original format of hitting shots into boxes in the fairways, etc. That is what originally got me interested in the show.

I must admit after the mens blow out lead after 9 holes, and the "spoiler theory" of seeing Bri in the promo for the next series of all the losers, I didnt think either match was worth watching but as usual having nothing to do last night I watched it anyway. Boy was I wrong!!! It turned out to be an exciting conclusion to the series... kudos to TGC. Between the catfight on the womens side and the chokefest on the mens side it was worth 2 hours of my boring uneventful life... looking forwrd to the next series of BB. ;)

Check out the "Bonus coverage" at TGC's Video Vault.

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/core.aspx?pa...=6676&sid=0

It's nothing spectacular, but it's worth watching to see:

(1) the ladies "take out" a camera man as they rush to congratulate Bri

(2) Bri's midriff after she gets out of the water (Sorry Deb - I'm still trying to minimize my inner male pig, but Bri is a cutey and I only have so much control. I am still a guy after all.)

(3) Bri smiling and genuinely happy (in contrast to the stoic Bri they always seem to show); and

(4) Bridget quietly sitting on the cart path sobbing while the others celebrate. I felt really bad for her. She seems like an amazing person.