2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Is this place better than BSG?

DrawDaBall

It shouldn't be a BSG or WRX question. In fact, it is a little troubling on the seemingly "fanatical" approach some trolls take. The more one looks, the more differences you will see between the sites.

GolfWRX is not solely aimed at tour or high end products, it's aimed at the casual and obsessed golfer's interest. The GolfWRX owners don't sell equipment as a primary means of business but, feels trusted Industry Sponsors should.

I honestly don't see why some take a little forum competition so seriously. BSG has some connections and they have every right to run their business as they wish. Its their business and their business model. Whether WRX is here or not, shouldn't really matter. GolfWRX is a news site trying to deliver current, relevant, and breaking information. BSG has always said it was about promoting the best products and making it available to the public. Again, nothing wrong with that.

We offer free personal classifieds and a feedback system. The percentage of issues has been low and though not 100% full proof, the feedback system is used often and well received. The Mods have a thankless jobs but, are some of the best in the biz. Not everyone can be happy when you have thousands of active users a day but, the world wide support that our mods provide is something I haven't really seen anywhere else. Richard and I cannot thank them enough for their sacrifices.

Richard and I have always talked about balance and from looking at the popularity of the Domestic, Putters, and Swing Forum, it seems to be on the right track. We have attracted most of the Top putter, Shaft, and OEMs manufacturers to WRX and integrated them into this community. We aren't going to claim to own the golf forum sector and will always build bridges when possible.

Anyone who classifies GolfWRX as a "ripoff" site, really should take a look around.

(Rant off)

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BSG will implode with in the next year. The signs are all there already. I am absolutely convinced that Todd has some serious mental issues. I base this off of not only how he runs BSG, but off of his history on the Grand Daddy (GolfOpinions.com) of all the sites that his instability has spawned (TSG, GolfWRX, GD to name a few).

He exhibits extremely volatile behaviour, and I honestly can not see the OEM's that currently feed him, can continue their relationship much longer. What ever happened with Fujikura, or Sonartec (the OEM's he once fawned over)??? The rest will follow.

And yes... I am a recently banned member. I resigned from the site because I was no longer interested in hearing about over-hyped lime green shafts, and tour equipment not suited for me. That was not why I was banned. I was banned for posting pics from the Chrysler here, and not there. In Todd's opinion, I stabbed him in the back, because he had done soooo much for me (arranging tour van access to Mitsu at the masters where I received 2 free shafts). Of course no mention was made of my numerous contributions to BSG. The numerous events I covered and posted pics for, the free shafts and Rocket Tour headcover give-aways. Apparently I did nothing for that site.

End of (bitter) speech.

When I first joined the "other site" I saw many of the names that came over to create WRX. I read, learned, and came to respect the opinions of a lot of posters that are now banned "over there." I also did my fair share of business with people on both boards.

As WRX continues to grow, the "other site" has continued to clamp down on open and honest debate. The Tom Wishon incident wouldn't be nearly so transparent were it not for the fact that we have his UNEDITED original response and not the one that he cleaned up. He claims to have been misquoted. But like the threats he has made to some of his banned members, we have our evidence as well.

Looking back at that place, I now realize that it was the community that I enjoyed. I am glad that I am not the only person that posted on both boards and am delighted that more of the "old school" posters keep making their way over to WRX. This place has the sense of comraderie and passion for golf that was once prevalent at the "other site" before it became a non-stop infomercial for Ozik, Adams, and any other brand that El Hefe cared to peddle.

I have also found that there is nothing (including LIME GREEN) that cannot be had through another source. The only exclusive items over there are $1000 fittings, $300/hr consultations, and $150 certifications. I am interested in none of the above.

At some point, people will realize it's not the site, but the site owner that is the issue over there. I would like to thank GolfWRX for heading in a different direction. It is appreciated.

Enough said.

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max TD 9° Project X Denali Blue 60

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 3w Ventus Red 7

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 7w Ventus Red 7 

Srixon UX 4 23° Ventus Blue 8

Ping i230 5-U Dynamic Gold 105

Titleist Vokey SM9 54.10 (55°) and 60.08 Nippon Modus 105

Scotty Cameron 2024 Phantom 5.5

I read both sites and have done for a couple of years and recently BSG has gone a bit off the wall. I posted a comment about another members 6 ozik shafts, nothing nasty just a general observation with a few smilies all in good humour. I returned to the forum an hour later to find my post had been deleted and my siganture had been edited for being too long......

I thought I would then receive a PM from a moderator telling me to sit in the naughty corner with my hands on my head....

Very childish!!!! I thought that was so funny I laughed at my PC for a good 5 minutes imagining the mod deriving pleasure from deleting my signature.. and before anyone comments yes it is long but who really cares..... Have a great weekend guys I shot an 83 today delighted!!!!

BSG dosn't seem to be a fun place any more, used to enjoy the banter from some of the old school (all over

here now), still pop over to see what the UK boys are doing as lots of golf days are arranged through the

site.

Alas they don't seem to have any new scoops or pictures any more since alot of the members left or got banned.

Cheers

Ian

Please Everyone,

We don't want this to turn into a bash fest. Let's try to keep this as civil as possible. BSG is what it is and WRX is what it is.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
BST AD Help

Please Everyone,

We don't want this to turn into a bash fest. Let's try to keep this as civil as possible. BSG is what it is and WRX is what it is.

its not a bash fest but how can you sell 7000 dollar iron sets that supposedly make you one less club into each hole??? :) and 550 dollar tour hibore heads that are at Edwin Watts for 180 bucks?

To toss my 2 cents in here. When I first found golf furoms online it was BSG. Then someone turned me onto to this place. I have almost never went back since unless I want to laugh a little.(7000 bucks on shafts) I like a few things they seem to sell there though. I am in love with my Adams Tour issued wedges (thanks Fon Wood), in fact I think the best I have ever played! But I don'y like the fact that if you posted that you liked someting they didn't sell you got ripped on the boards. I almost began to hate to hear the words Taylor Made for awhile. Bottom line for me, play what works for you and if possible demo lots of equipment to find what you like. As far as GW goes, I love this place and the sponsors here. I have had the pleasure of dealing with Don Wood and Nick at Discount Dan's and the great Joe Kwok and all have been as good if not better to me than advertised! The opinions shared here are great and the Tour pics and first looks are second to none. Thanks to all that make this place the best place online to visit for golf info and the people who make this possible for all us golf nutz! I just hope this place never changes into what drove me away from BSG!

As one of the so-called "Internet Cowboys" I could talk for days and days about my issues across the street. I would like to think I am above that, but some people say my friends and I laid down with a dog "Mully Mull" and got fleas. I'm just happy to be somewhere that my buddies and I can go play golf and not ask for permission.

Please note if your posting in this thread you are being blacklisted on The Inside over there.

When I first joined the "other site" I saw many of the names that came over to create WRX. I read, learned, and came to respect the opinions of a lot of posters that are now banned "over there." I also did my fair share of business with people on both boards.

As WRX continues to grow, the "other site" has continued to clamp down on open and honest debate. The Tom Wishon incident wouldn't be nearly so transparent were it not for the fact that we have his UNEDITED original response and not the one that he cleaned up. He claims to have been misquoted. But like the threats he has made to some of his banned members, we have our evidence as well.

Looking back at that place, I now realize that it was the community that I enjoyed. I am glad that I am not the only person that posted on both boards and am delighted that more of the "old school" posters keep making their way over to WRX. This place has the sense of comraderie and passion for golf that was once prevalent at the "other site" before it became a non-stop infomercial for Ozik, Adams, and any other brand that El Hefe cared to peddle.

I have also found that there is nothing (including LIME GREEN) that cannot be had through another source. The only exclusive items over there are $1000 fittings, $300/hr consultations, and $150 certifications. I am interested in none of the above.

At some point, people will realize it's not the site, but the site owner that is the issue over there. I would like to thank GolfWRX for heading in a different direction. It is appreciated.

Apart from the Wishon story of which I know absolutely nothing, I couldn't agree more with this sober post :)

Soeren

My bag
TM SIM2 Max driver, G425 Max woods, Titleist 818 hybrid, Srixon Z565 irons, Vokey SM7 wedges, Yes Tracy III putter

oh well. LOL I've been blacklisted on there for as long as I can remember. LOL

-CHRIS-

and i care why??? are they superior to me? NO all they do is rip off people with lies and BS, seems by now you wouldnt have to work out of a grage or beg another member and lie to them to get use of a driving range to run a test on tour dumped clubs, as much money as they have scammed I am suprised they are still on the internet, they are the xgator2bman built into a business

You gotta love BSG for the soap-opera drama. I dont know what's true or not, but all the drama coming from that site is unreal - makes for a very entertaining read.

Many Byron Putters
Scratch Don Whites
Scratch Jeff McCoys
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/646544-finalists-witb-452013-damascus-byron-scratch-td/page__hl__%20finalist"]WITB Link[/url]

From when I first joined BSG has changed a lot. At first it seemed like a forum full of great info and knowledgeable members. Any idiots were made to leave - This kept everything in order.

But as time has gone on it has become so business orientated that you cannot navigate around without being told that an Ozik Altus (Lime) is the ideal shaft for you followed by 10 pictures showing it - which is funny as they emphasize needing to be fitted so much.

Threads on Ozik are continually bumped, suspicious reviews are everywhere, it is like an internet Informercial.

By getting rid of its most knowledgeable, connected and likeable members and cutting industry ties BSG has shot itself in the foot. As time goes on the posting will dwindle and BSG will be left with only the most harcore of buyers, and 20,000 Lime Green Oziks (Supposedly only ever 20 made in each flex :) )

It's nice to see all the good members landed in the same place.

From when I first joined BSG has changed a lot. At first it seemed like a forum full of great info and knowledgeable members. Any idiots were made to leave - This kept everything in order.

But as time has gone on it has become so business orientated that you cannot navigate around without being told that an Ozik Altus (Lime) is the ideal shaft for you followed by 10 pictures showing it - which is funny as they emphasize needing to be fitted so much.

Threads on Ozik are continually bumped, suspicious reviews are everywhere, it is like an internet Informercial.

By getting rid of its most knowledgeable, connected and likeable members and cutting industry ties BSG has shot itself in the foot. As time goes on the posting will dwindle and BSG will be left with only the most harcore of buyers, and 20,000 Lime Green Oziks (Supposedly only ever 20 made in each flex :) )

It's nice to see all the good members landed in the same place.

Hey, we're all here. Let's spread the word about WRX - it's that easy.

The only downside is that your BST for your used OZIK won't move as fast (right Keith?).

-Drew

Correct sir.

I'm a fan of WRX. As part of the aforementioned Houston group, I feel much more welcome here than I ever did over there. And here, I can admit that I like Adam Mull's tush without reproach.

Lie with dogs....you know the rest. Mull's tush is nice indeed.

Love WRX so much more -- Love the community, the knowledge and the sweet pictures!

I know we're trying to keep things civil but at least I can ask about club fitters in my area here on WRX. I got frowned upon, over there, for asking such a question and someone even deleted all of the responses before I could see what anyone had to say.

Just not sure how an internet site in Vegas can fit me in Memphis. Go figure!

Keep up the great work WRX!

Regards,

Tyler

My take ...

The forum ultimately is nothing without it users... yes mods and owner certainly have alot to do with the general atmosphere, but it takes quality members to keep the subjects fresh and interesting. I for one tend not to like a thread this this because it sounds like too much horn-tooting, which happens every other thread over there at BSG.. kinda makes me sick.. so can we stop . (rant off) :)

Woods : Callaway Razr TA, Titleist F3-05
Hybrid : Adams LSP XTD
Irons : Fourteen TC910 3&4I, Nike VRProCombo 5-PW
Wedges : Fourteen RM-11 54/60
Putter : Nike Method 003 Oven

Well said Johnny,

I think this one's ran its course. If someone wants to add something, PM me and I'll reopen it.

My take ...

The forum ultimately is nothing without it users... yes mods and owner certainly have alot to do with the general atmosphere, but it takes quality members to keep the subjects fresh and interesting. I for one tend not to like a thread this this because it sounds like too much horn-tooting, which happens every other thread over there at BSG.. kinda makes me sick.. so can we stop . (rant off) :)

BST AD Help

Hey guys. Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm glad to join the team here, where I've heard you can actually express your opinions and not be treated like trash. I want to let everybody know about what has recently happened on BSG,... on as many golf chat sites as I can.

The fiasco known as Bombsquadgolf has become a complete joke. I had been a member there for some time and thought that I had contributed a lot of positive advice and recommendations to the members. There had been a lot of chat lately about the square driver head hype, so I decided to share some ideas from Tom Wishon about what he thought about square shapes and MOI. A couple of days ago, I started a post on there titled "Thoughts from the man about square drivers." Little did I know that it would turn into a complete fire storm that has resulted in multiple bannings, including myself........for no apparent reason. People started attacking TW and then turned it into BSG vs. Tom Wishon.

Never once as a member there, had I ever spoken against the work that BSG does or created a conflict of interest for their business. Honestly, I had no clue what kind of work they do, because I refuse to pay obscene amounts of money for golf equipment. I had only used BSG as a golf chat site.....nothing more, nothing less. All I did in this topic about Tom Wishon's thoughts, was express my respect and admiration for the theories and concepts that he has. After the "admins" began ripping on TW and saying that he basicly didn't have a clue,.... I simply stated that I didn't appreciate this and that a man of his character, credentials, and experience, didn't deserve that kind of bashing. Well, I go to log on to this morning and......what do you know....I'm shut down. No PM's from them, no warnings, no nothing!! I was banned for simply starting a topic about TW and then expressing my respect for him!

I had heard rumors about some of the stuff that had gone on at BSG, but had no way of verifying it before. I found out first hand how these guys operate. I'll go ahead and say it........they don't have much class if how they have dealt with this situation is any indication.

Needless to say, I'm fired up about this and I'm gonna let people know about it.

Hey guys. Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm glad to join the team here, where I've heard you can actually express your opinions and not be treated like trash. I want to let everybody know about what has recently happened on BSG,... on as many golf chat sites as I can.

The fiasco known as Bombsquadgolf has become a complete joke. I had been a member there for some time and thought that I had contributed a lot of positive advice and recommendations to the members. There had been a lot of chat lately about the square driver head hype, so I decided to share some ideas from Tom Wishon about what he thought about square shapes and MOI. A couple of days ago, I started a post on there titled "Thoughts from the man about square drivers." Little did I know that it would turn into a complete fire storm that has resulted in multiple bannings, including myself........for no apparent reason. People started attacking TW and then turned it into BSG vs. Tom Wishon.

Never once as a member there, had I ever spoken against the work that BSG does or created a conflict of interest for their business. Honestly, I had no clue what kind of work they do, because I refuse to pay obscene amounts of money for golf equipment. I had only used BSG as a golf chat site.....nothing more, nothing less. All I did in this topic about Tom Wishon's thoughts, was express my respect and admiration for the theories and concepts that he has. After the "admins" began ripping on TW and saying that he basicly didn't have a clue,.... I simply stated that I didn't appreciate this and that a man of his character, credentials, and experience, didn't deserve that kind of bashing. Well, I go to log on to this morning and......what do you know....I'm shut down. No PM's from them, no warnings, no nothing!! I was banned for simply starting a topic about TW and then expressing my respect for him!

I had heard rumors about some of the stuff that had gone on at BSG, but had no way of verifying it before. I found out first hand how these guys operate. I'll go ahead and say it........they don't have much class if how they have dealt with this situation is any indication.

Needless to say, I'm fired up about this and I'm gonna let people know about it.

Welcome aboard here at GW. I think you will love it here!