2024 3M Open What's In The Bag Photos ×

Tour issue V Steel -RBZ

Comparison pics.
The V steel may finally be out of my bag!

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='mugen910' timestamp='1335499859' post='4798372']
I posted this in your WITB but how much better was the RBZ to your V steel?
[/quote]
After I re shaft it I will test them on the Flight Scope and let you know exactly.
Thanks Zach

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

[quote name='mugen910' timestamp='1335500783' post='4798470']
Thanks Zach! If it doesn't perform too far behind the RBZ I'll see if I can find it on the bay since I don't want to spend the cash for an RBZ :D

~Bao
[/quote]
No Worries! I love my V steel. All time longest running club in my bag....

Mugen910, Here a few more pics

I tell ya what, I just went to the Taylormade Performance Center in New Albany, OH and had an eye opening. I have a trusty V-Steel 4 wood 16.5 degrees, I hit it 223 carry. Tried the 18.5 RBZ Rescue and smoothed it 230 carry. 2 degrees higher lost and shorter shaft yet 7 yards longer. The RBZ fairways and rescues are amazing. Really surprising how high they fly. My 4 wood will be corner sitting once I place my order.

[quote name='Yarra' timestamp='1335575432' post='4803472']
[quote name='asualum' timestamp='1335502574' post='4798572']
Just wondering if you tried the Adams F11 with the speed slot. The RBZ and the F11 seem very similar. Wondered if you saw any differences if you tested it.
[/quote]

I found the Adams is a little more forgiving and just as long as the RBZ.
[/quote]

Respectfully Disagree. I found there to be a big difference in ballspeed, carry and total between the RBZ, f11, f12 and ul.
As far as forgiveness, to me thats tough to measure and quantify. They are all probably around the same if you miss hit them.
Sorry, but I had to chime in....
Ballspeed was 7-10 mph faster
Carry was 20+
Total Distance was 25-30+ over the Adams

Taylormade M5 Tour 9* AD-VR 6
Callaway Steelhead XR 16* Ahina 60X
Tour Edge EXS220 18* Ventus
Adams MB2 RAW 5-PW Smoke KBS Tour 120
MD4 Raw 50/58/62 
Piretti Cortino 2

A guy in my group had the new Adams XTD and we all four hit the RBZ longer and straighter even with the factory shaft. The XTD had something upgraded (don't remember). He sold the Adams the next day and got the RBZ.

Titleist TSr2 10* Tensei 1K Black 65X
Titleist TSr2 15* Tensei White 75X 
Titleist Tsi 22* Tensei White 95X
Titleist T150 NS Pro 120 X 4-PW
Vokey SM9 50*, 54* and 60* TT DGS400
SIK Pro Custom

[quote name='Fornesto' timestamp='1335507316' post='4798712']
three wood is the hardest club to replace imo.
[/quote]

+1
3 wood is also the hardest club to find, when trying to find the right one for your game!

Driver: Callaway Mavrik

3+ Wood: TM 300 Mini

4 Wood: TM Stealth

7 Wood: TM Stealth 

Irons: Callaway Ai Smoke (6-AW)
Wedges: Cleveland CBX 4 ZipCore  (54, 58)
Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

I have been searching a long time for a 3W that I can hit off the tee plus the fairway and getting comfortable with the RBZ was extremely easy for me. I only have the stock shaft and I'm sure I could pick up some more distance with a custom shaft, but I just want to hit fairways and play the 3W off the deck with confidence and that's all good for now.
-Pete

The three wood is like that old tee shirt that can never be thrown out bc its just so niceeee. I've played the tour issue v-steel for years and made the mistake of trading it to my brother......atleast its still in the family ;) The current three wood, nike sq2 13 is great as well, but just not the same. I may need to check out the rbz and see the hype for myself....

Callaway AI Smoke Tripe Diamond 9   - Ventus Black 

Callaway AI Smoke Triple Diamond 15   - Diamana BF 7TX

Callaway Apex UW 17*   - Ventus Red 9X

Taylormade SIM Hybrid 22* - Tensei Orange 9X
Callaway Rogue Pro 5i   - Dynamic Gold 120 TI x100

Callaway Apex TCB 6i - PW   - Dynamic Gold 120 TI x100
Vokey SM8 Raw 50F, 54F, 58K(lb)  - Dynamic Gold TI s400 Onyx

L.A.B. MEZZ.1 Max

Titleist ProV1x

[quote name='Millhill88' timestamp='1335616299' post='4805106']
[quote name='Fornesto' timestamp='1335507316' post='4798712']
three wood is the hardest club to replace imo.
[/quote]

+1
3 wood is also the hardest club to find, when trying to find the right one for your game!
[/quote]

so true i think ive only had two 3 woods that i would consider playing they are my current r9 with PX and the ol trusty 975f with s300 steel.

Anyone who doesn't seriously look at the RBZ fairway clubs will be playing at a decided disadvantage to their competitors. Close to 40% of the Tour players from all companies are playing at least one of them. Anyone without a binding 13 or 14 club contract is trying them. Scary really!

In the bag: Playing --- TaylorMade  Qi 10 (core) driver w/Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S. 3wd TM (OG) SIM (special smaller tour only head, same that TW was playing prior to the '24 Genesis approx 160cc) @ 15.*) with Fujikura Ventus 7-S.  5 wd TM SIM w/Fujikura Speeder 857TR-S (Japan made)

HyBrids-Cleveland Hi-Bore #1 (16* plays like 2-Iron) W/Fuji-S Tipped 1/2".  SIM Max #4 (set @ 21.5* w/ Fuji Atmos HB8 9S.  IRONS:  TM M3 4i (2*weak)w SteelFiber i95-S,  P790 3, 5-PW,  w/Fuji Pro 95i-S. SW TM MG4  54*/11 bent to 53*/10 w/ Precision Rifle 6.0-S. LW TaylorMade Hi Toe 3, 58/10 w/Modus Tour 105 Stiff. Putter-- BOBBY GRACE Night&Day-Custom, "M.Coz-Bandsaw Prototype". Ball 2022 TaylorMade Tour Response
 Alternating clubs: the 5wd, TM Hybrid Stealth 2+ #2, 3Iron, depending on what part of the country, course, climate, and conditions.

[quote name='MCoz' timestamp='1335636978' post='4806180']
Anyone who doesn't seriously look at the RBZ fairway clubs will be playing at a decided disadvantage to their competitors. Close to 40% of the Tour players from all companies are playing at least one of them. Anyone without a binding 13 or 14 club contract is trying them. Scary really!
[/quote]

Do you think most of you or them (the tour players) prefer the rbz because there's no slot to look at? Only one to help performance of the club? I love the Adams clubs with velocity slot, but that is the biggest complaint I've heard yet. I ordered two steel superhybrids but I don't want to replace my 3 wood (910f ahina 83x) with a titanium club because I already get plenty of distance out of this club (265-270) and don't need to get any closer to my driver. The Adams xtd 14.5 and the rbz 15 were very close in distance with the rbz coming in second in feel.

[quote name='xerpro' timestamp='1335611941' post='4804930']
Just wondering if you tried the Adams F11 with the speed slot. The RBZ and the F11 seem very similar. Wondered if you saw any differences if you tested it.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Respectfully Disagree. I found there to be a big difference in ballspeed, carry and total between the RBZ, f11, f12 and ul.
As far as forgiveness, to me thats tough to measure and quantify. They are all probably around the same if you miss hit them.
Carry was 20+
[/quote]
I agree that RBZ was about 5-mph faster in ballspeed for me compared to the Adams, but the Tour Edge Exotics XCG-5 was 5-mph faster than the RBZ for me. I think Tour Edge is still king when comparing clubs with the same specs and shaft. I haven't found a club that beats them yet.

[quote name='KascoPro' timestamp='1335501131' post='4798488']
[quote name='mugen910' timestamp='1335500783' post='4798470']
Thanks Zach! If it doesn't perform too far behind the RBZ I'll see if I can find it on the bay since I don't want to spend the cash for an RBZ :D

~Bao
[/quote]
No Worries! I love my V steel. All time longest running club in my bag....
[/quote]
My V-Steel is still in the bag, it replaced the 200 steel ridge, both have blue boards in them, RBZ maybe next, but want to hit it with a blue board.

[quote name='scottcheek' timestamp='1335594531' post='4804720']
I tell ya what, I just went to the Taylormade Performance Center in New Albany, OH and had an eye opening. I have a trusty V-Steel 4 wood 16.5 degrees, I hit it 223 carry. Tried the 18.5 RBZ Rescue and smoothed it 230 carry. 2 degrees higher lost and shorter shaft yet 7 yards longer. The RBZ fairways and rescues are amazing. Really surprising how high they fly. My 4 wood will be corner sitting once I place my order.
[/quote]

I did pretty-much the same thing, adding an 18.5* RBZ Tour #3 "hybrid" to my bag and I play it like a "weak 4-wood" or "strong 5-wood". I sold my R11TP 4-wood, and have a new R11s 3-wood that is set-up at more traditional 3-wood loft and length (42.25" long and generally set at anywhere from 15.5* to 16* loft); this club is good from the tee for up to 270 yards ... a bit more, when I "get on it", while the RBZ Tour #3 hybrid is a great 235-245 yard club for me. I find that the RBZ (and RBZ Tour) hybrids are much more like compact fairway woods than iron-replacement hybrids, and that is how I use mine. If I want 185 to 210-215 yards off the tee, or from a good fairway lie, or even light rough, I reach for one of my two Mizuno MP Fli-Hi forged iron-like hybrid irons. The 18.5* RBZ Tour hybrid is good for some of the 230-240 yard par-3s that I play, plus tee shots on tight less than 350-yard par-4 holes.

I do find the shaft length on the RBZ/RBZ Tour hybrids to be a bit too long, but I have a solution or two for that .... I have one of my old Rescue '11 TP hybrid shafts in an interchangeable adapter, and I am about to put a UST Mamiya ATTAS hybrid shaft in one as well. These both play at 1/2" to 3/4" shorter than the 85-gram RBZ Tour shaft.

Doug Mael
Doug's Custom Clubs

Carry was 20+
[/quote]
I agree that RBZ was about 5-mph faster in ballspeed for me compared to the Adams, but the Tour Edge Exotics XCG-5 was 5-mph faster than the RBZ for me. I think Tour Edge is still king when comparing clubs with the same specs and shaft. I haven't found a club that beats them yet.
[/quote]

TEE are also Titanium, which yields higher ballspeeds than steel. Did not think I would ever get rid of my CB2, but the RBZ beat it. Like it owed it money. 21 carry yards. Im not super long with a 3 wood, 240-245 when I stepped on the CB2, 261-266 with the RBZ. With that being said, I think a little heavier shaft and playing it closer to 43 is the best recipe for success with the RBZ 3 wood. Just my thoughts

Taylormade M5 Tour 9* AD-VR 6
Callaway Steelhead XR 16* Ahina 60X
Tour Edge EXS220 18* Ventus
Adams MB2 RAW 5-PW Smoke KBS Tour 120
MD4 Raw 50/58/62 
Piretti Cortino 2

[/quote]
[/quote]

+1............and you can pick up an XGG-V for a lot, lot less

Driver - Ping G400 LST 8.5* Tour Stiff 65
Fairways - Ping G410 #5 17.5* Evenflow 75 Stiff (set at big minus 16* = 3/4 wood)
Hybrids - Ping G 19* #3 Stiff Tour Stiff 90 and Ping G410 24* #4 Tour Stiff 85
Irons - Ping G410 irons 5-PW Nippon N.S.Pro 950 GH Stiff white dot +1/2" 
Wedges - Ping Glide 3.0 50* green dot +1/2", Ping Glide 3.0 54* black dot and Ping Glide 3.0 Eye 58* black dot
Bag  Ping DLX Black
Putter  Bettinardi Queen Bee #8 2017 model
Head covers for woods Ping Black/White Pompoms
Balls  Titleist ProV1, ProvV1X, AVX and TaylorMade TP5X (depending on the course and weather)
Cart Clicgear 3.5+

I haven't been able to get an actual measurement with my new RBZ Tour 3-Wood yet, but I can say it's significantly longer than any 3-Wood I have ever hit (coming from a Sonartec which is pretty long in its own right). I have a TP version with an x-stiff Matrix RUL 70 shaft and get a high penetrating flight that goes forever! I would guess that I'm probably hitting it 265-275 yds off the ground without much effort. Haven't hit it off the tee yet. I have been able to accurately measure that I'm easily getting 235-245 yds with my RBZ Tour #3 Rescue hybrid. I have a TP version in that club as well with an x-stiff Matrix Atlus 85 and get a high towering draw that stops on a dime! They're great clubs! Definitely the longest I've ever played!

[quote name='xerpro' timestamp='1335611941' post='4804930']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Carry was 20+
[/quote]

I found it interesting. Maybe I have not found the right shaft for the head. Can you tell me what kind of shaft you put in there? Generally I have problem launching the ball. Tried Altus, Kai'Li and 'Ilima. Didn't give me the same consistency and distance as the Adams.

Yesterday I was finally able to get over to Joe Kwok's to have my RBZ shafted up.