2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Where do you find values for OLD Ping Putters?

puttermom

69BC, 1A's, etc - Pictures Attached -
Need help with finding out values of old Ping Putters. Father bought back in 1999 and have been preserved immaculately. I need a reference to assess value for sale of collection. Thanks in advance for any help you can give!!!

Scottsdale 1A Putters
Ping by Karsten 1A Putter - Box 1345, Scottsdale Ariz - Pat Pending ( no MOD is on the sole) - Double Bend shaft - Original Pro Only grip - Clean!!!
Ping by Karsten 1A (slighty below & to right is the # 15) Putter - Box 1345, Scottsdale Ariz - Pat Pending ( no MOD is on the sole) - Straight Shaft- Original Pro Only grip - Clean!!!
***Both of the above putters have U.S. Pat No. 3,042,405 stamped on the left torsion sole***

69BC Putter
Scottsdale 69BC (non-croquet) - US Pat No. 196,734 with original Golf Pride Informer pistol grip - This model does not come with a sight-line - CLEAN!

While some putters look like others, some can be quite rare (valuable). Be wary of anyone telling you they are not rare, then offering to take them off your hands. Odds are the putters will have nominal value to a collector. To be on the safe side, I would send the info to Ping and get their thoughts on the rarity (if any) of the putters.

If they were special to your father, you might consider keeping them in the family. My suspicion is you will not be impressed with the monetary value of these putters. However, sentimental value, especially for future generations of your family, may be immeasurable. Food for thought at any rate.

Dan

Thanks for all your help!!! I have thought about calling Dalton (the PongMan) to see if he can evaluate. I have his old guide but not the new one.

Ebay scares me. I would hate to sell them and then find out that I was ripped off because of ignorance. I love GolfWRX for this very reason.......

Dan.....Thanks for the info - Noticed you were from the Pinehurst area. I had the privilege of playing #2 with my father after the US Open. Amazing course!!!

I wondered the same thing i found a ping zing becu putter brand new the one with no paintfill.

Still have the stickers on it and the grip looks brand new.

I have absolutely no idea the value of it.

Ping Anser 9.5 Rip Red Eye X flex
07 Burner TP 14.5 stiff
Ping Rapture Driving Iron COMING SOON
Ping S56 4-pw KBS Tour Stiff Black Dot
Scratch 8620 53*, 58* D/S grind
Odyssey Metal X #7Mid,cut down with S/S

I know the putters were bought at a premium back in 99. According to Bobby Grace's "Guide to Collecting" Book, the Scottsdale 1A putters are circa 66/67. The only thing the guide gives are descriptions of the different models. I just don't have a current market value to place on them. Knowing that they were bought at a premium from a reputable source, makes me wonder if they are rare and are they still valuable?????? Is there a specific site for Pings like the cameroncollector.com is for Scotty's?????

I know little about Ping putters, but I have watched the market. AND, the market is in the toilet. Of course, you only have to find 1 certain buyer but it's going to be hard for anyone to determine value when many haven't been selling (most are hanging on to the rare putters until the market comes back even more). Certain brands are still hot (still not as hot as they were) and I would only worry about selling those brands for now.......... unless you just have to sell them all now. Again, that's my $0.02 and I probably have no clue. good luck

• 4 years later...
  • 5 years later...
20 hours ago, daves1945 said:

Ping Anser Serial # D207227 Phoenix, AZ is there value?

Post some pictures

• PING G430 Max 10K 9* Tour 2.0 black 65X 
  • PING G430 Max 3w Tensei Raw Orange 75X
  • PING G410 19* Tour chrome 85X
  • NEW LEVEL 480-TC 4-PW X100 TI
  • NEW LEVEL SPN-SS 50*/54* X100 TI
  • NEW LEVEL SPN-VS 60* X100 TI
  • PING PLD Anser (Carbon Patina) PLD Graphite shaft
  • Bridgestone BX

Why would ebay scare you? I have been buying and selling PING Putters on ebay for decades!! Approximate value is simple. Go to ebay, type in the exact putter type you have, and then scroll down and on the left hand side, click "sold/completed listings", and unclick "completed", so just "sold" remains. Then you can scroll through and see what the market has been fetching of late. One other poster had it right, that it's also all about finding a buyer that covets that putter. That said that other than some of the truly collectable cavity stamp address PINGS (forget which addresses are worth the $$$$$), the only ones that will fetch you more than $50 (less or more depending on shape), are the following:

1. The BeNi line-up (the first run were glossy, second matte, both with gold colorfill) - but only if they are in good shape

2. The BeCu line-up, but ONLY if the are not green/moldy etc

3. The JAS line-up

4. Any of their recent pre PLD milled line-up, Redwood, Anser line-up 2011, Ping Milled Putters etc, all shape dependent will drive the value

5. Lastly, depending on the model, many of the Craz-E mallet variants can easily fetch $75-$200, depending on model and shape.

I will say that many sellers overate the demand and shape of the JAS line-up, I would never pay $400-500 for that putter! But I did find a Seller at $250 with the sticker still on it, and I jumped all over it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mikec3672 said:

Why would ebay scare you? I have been buying and selling PING Putters on ebay for decades!! Approximate value is simple. Go to ebay, type in the exact putter type you have, and then scroll down and on the left hand side, click "sold/completed listings", and unclick "completed", so just "sold" remains. Then you can scroll through and see what the market has been fetching of late. One other poster had it right, that it's also all about finding a buyer that covets that putter. That said that other than some of the truly collectable cavity stamp address PINGS (forget which addresses are worth the $$$$$), the only ones that will fetch you more than $50 (less or more depending on shape), are the following:

1. The BeNi line-up (the first run were glossy, second matte, both with gold colorfill) - but only if they are in good shape

2. The BeCu line-up, but ONLY if the are not green/moldy etc

3. The JAS line-up

4. Any of their recent pre PLD milled line-up, Redwood, Anser line-up 2011, Ping Milled Putters etc, all shape dependent will drive the value

5. Lastly, depending on the model, many of the Craz-E mallet variants can easily fetch $75-$200, depending on model and shape.

I will say that many sellers overate the demand and shape of the JAS line-up, I would never pay $400-500 for that putter! But I did find a Seller at $250 with the sticker still on it, and I jumped all over it.

You are right about the JAS Wti line being desirable and the other lines you list too.  Anything with a Scottsdale zip is worth north of $100 (and some models way more); anything with a Redwood City address is worth north of $1000.  Tour issue Pings with tungsten weights, some of which have JW serials, are also worth $350-750+ depending on the model, condition, etc.  Recently there have also been a few non-retail PLDs - including some protos - which are valuable too. 

So overall, when you start by saying "the only ones that will fetch you more than $50...." above, the list is actually really long!

• Like 1
  • PING G400 Max 9* Tensei Orange 60 S
  • PING Anser 17 / 20* hybrids Graphite Design 85S
  • Miura PP-9003 Straight Neck 4-PW Nippon NS Pro 750 GH wrap tech
  • Miura 52, 56 K forged wedges / PING Eye 2 LW beryllium copper
  • Nordberg Halvdan custom / PING Cushin Scottsdale zip / PING Jim Wells Zing 5KS SN / PING Vault 2.0 Ketsch 380g, etc.

• 2 months later...
On 1/30/2023 at 12:49 AM, ShirleyAnser2 said:

Does anybody have the "The Ultimate Ping Putter Collector's Guide" pdf? The link on mygolfspy is dead. I tried hitting them up on IG but no response.

Thanks in advance!

Weirdly enough I downloaded it about an hour ago aha. Find it here Ping collectibles manual

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...