what is the funniest thing u have ever seen on a golf course

puremoney

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100% true story

A part of my job is to do a little lap around the course and see how play is going. One evening, really quiet on the front 9, I went up there to see if anyone was even up there at all. I get up to the 3rd hole, the farthest from the clubhouse and not viable from any other holes, and low and behold, I see something I never thought I'd see on a course. Its a little inappropriate to say here, but lets just say the couple wasn't playing golf. (cool) Anyway, I quickly turned the cart around before I was spotted and laughed my way along the back 9, absolutely hilarious.

[sign here]

A buddy of mine "sharted" on the tee box.....He explained that he'd drank alot the night before and primed himself for the round with some coffee and a maple bar...Luckily there was restroom very close by...He obviously went commando for the rest of the round...

Cobra King f9/Fujikura Atmos Red TS 60S
TEE 15* XCG/DVS 70S
Adams Idea Pro 20*/Aldila Blue Bayou 80S
Srixon 565 4-PW / Nippon tour modus 105S
TM TP 52*
TM TP ATV 56*
TM TP ATV 60*
Giannini Legacy 3

A buddy of mine "sharted" on the tee box.....He explained that he'd drank alot the night before and primed himself for the round with some coffee and a maple bar...Luckily there was restroom very close by...He obviously went commando for the rest of the round...

Oh man. I don't know if I could go on if it was a full shart.

I hope he was wearing briefs 'cause boxers won't contain that kind of toxic spill.

Just reading that story makes me want to keep an extra pair of pants and underwear in my car.

I was playing in a Spring Tournament earlier this year. The first hole has OB way right (but not really in play), and some weeds between the first teebox and the 10th tee.

I get on the tee, and hit a solid drive down the middle. The guy after me pumps his first drive WAY OB right (probably 80 yards right of the fairway). He tees his 3rd, and tops it, which wouldn't be so bad, but it hits the ladies tee marker and ricoccets into the weeds. After five minutes, he can't find it (the weeds are pretty deep), so he has to re-tee his 5th. He hits a duck hook with this one into the 10th fairway (where there is a group playing that he nearly hits). Needless to say it was a long day.

-Thomas

100% true story

A part of my job is to do a little lap around the course and see how play is going. One evening, really quiet on the front 9, I went up there to see if anyone was even up there at all. I get up to the 3rd hole, the farthest from the clubhouse and not viable from any other holes, and low and behold, I see something I never thought I'd see on a course. Its a little inappropriate to say here, but lets just say the couple wasn't playing golf. (cool) Anyway, I quickly turned the cart around before I was spotted and laughed my way along the back 9, absolutely hilarious.

Next time bring a camcorder with you. Maybe you can make bucks if one of the couples are famous (or notorious) like Paris Hilton. :idhitit:

No camcorder ? Common on, that thing is cheaper than a driver now.

Oh man. I don't know if I could go on if it was a full shart.

I hope he was wearing briefs 'cause boxers won't contain that kind of toxic spill.

Just reading that story makes me want to keep an extra pair of pants and underwear in my car.

You have me laughin so hard i cried. Made me think of a freind who did that and it went through the underware and pantshe wore a towl in his belt to hide it till we go to the proshop at the turn. He bought new pants there and paid a ton but they were needed. He also drank to much the night before.

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

LONG READ, BUT WORTH IT!!!!Playing scramble tourney at company meeting at Naples Beach hotel. naples, fl. the "hack" on our team is 4 beers and 2 topped drives in by the 3rd tee, which is on the street corner, there is a Porsche dealer ship across the street (exactly 90* right of the 3rd teebox, across the street). Did I mention they have 2 Porsche GT (sticker $ 450k) parked next to each other on the point?

He hits his drive, almost falling over. Ball starts 30yds left, until hit its a Palm tree trunk, and bounces right over our heads, across the street toward the Porsche store. :beach: Everything went into SLOMO as the ball bounced right over the first GT :idhitit: , landed between the 2 cars :drinks: . Bounced OVER the second one, bounced one more time over a Carrera, and continued on down the street. Needless to say, we played that hole rather quickly, and I cracked my first beer of the day with tears of laughter in my eyes.. (cool)

Last year, march I believe, I was playing with some guys from the office at my local course. These guys are real hacks but we have fun. My buddy Ryan hits his drive left and it ends about 3yds from the 150yd marker. I say: You can just pull it out so it doesnt bother you. Ryan says: Ill be fine, couldnt hit if I tried.

He catches it thin, hits the marker square on and it ricochets and hits him right in the stones. Dropped like a sack o potatos. After we cleared the tears off our eyes and we made our way over he moaned as if he was shot or something. We laugh about it every chance we get (often).

I was playing in a captain's choice tournament at the Love Course at Barefoot Landing in Myrtle Beach, and my partner had had way too many beers. When I got to the course at 7:45am, i finally found him and he greeted me by saying he was already on his 8th. Well, there went our chance of winning. Throughout the round, several inexplicable things happened. I was tackled on the 4th tee box, my partner rode 3 holes with his shirt off because he was hot, we stopped at his condo near the 13th tee box so that he could brush his teeth, put a complimentary Secrets(stripclub) license plate on the front of our cart, and restock the cooler, and he made a snow(or should I say sand angel) angel in the waste bunker on 16. It was a funny day. When I emptied the beer cans out of the back basket, There were 29 crushed cans in there. Truly a disgusting and amazing display of liver power.

Ok, this was about a round that took 4 hours FOR NINE HOLES!! long read but plz read it anyway..

I am on the third hole, on the tee box, when i notice something on the fifth hole. At first i'm thinking... o no, and then its true. I see a father, with his 2 children, each one under 5 years old. This is in the middle of the day mind you, peak hours. So i think, they will move fast, i get to the fifth tee box then, and they are still within my range. I'm getting pretty mad here, and this is what they would do. The dad would tee off, and then the kids would. Then they would chase the ball all the way into the cup(over 400 yards away) and run back to watch their dad finish. I asked to play through on the 6th hole, but they said they were keeping good pace. I got so mad at this, so i had to wait about 15 minutes at least on each hole, and i wasnt happy. I did get a raincheck for that... but i dont know if it was worth all that waiting. Especially when the dad hit his tee shot onto another green when people were putting!

Playing in a charity scramble with my team from work (we're radio station guys, so lots of folks in the field knew us), and as we got on the 16th tee, two groups rolled up behind us. There were lots of players, so some groups had to double up. The clubhouse sits right by the 16th tee, with the parking on the far side. I'm all set to tee off, with about a dozen people watching by now...skied it waaaay high and off to the right, almost 90 degrees! EVERYBODY's watching this ball soar into the heavens, then rocket down off the far end of the clubhouse roof, and ricochet into a full parking lot. These guys are literally on the ground roaring with laughter. It was claimed that in the history of the course (established in 1939) I was the first to do that. Somehow, the tale got ahead of us and for the rest of the round (we started on 10) all we heard was about that shot. 'Course, I had to talk about it the next morning on the show, and some guys called in with funny stuff they'd seen on the course before...made for a good show, even if I had to suffer a spectacularly bad shot!

I hit my ball into some trees on the right side of a par 5. Buddy of mine helps me find it, and I've got a straight shot through the trees down the middle of the fairway (hole is a slight dogleg left).

I line up my 3 or 4 iron (not sure which), short backswing, strong follow through to keep it low and hot. Hit a tree dead center, and the ball comes flying back directly at my head!! I drop to the ground as the ball passes over me, deeper into the woods.

As I'm getting up and dusting off, all I can see is my playing partner laying on the ground laughing his head off at me...

(I may have told this story before, can't remember.)

My first time ever on a real 18 hole golf course (a million years ago).

I had played a few par 3 courses, but never a real course. We decided to play the middle tees at a public course in Dallas that had a lot of water/lateral water hazards (or so it seemed at the time.)

I managed to hit virtually every shot into the water and by the 6th hole, I was borrowing range balls from my friends because I had already run through every ball I brought.

Finally, the 6th hole (or thereabouts, can't remember exactly) is a short par 3 with NO WATER. The only water is the large stream 20 yards directly behind the tee box. Sweet. I'm psyched.

I confidently tee up the ball and swing away - an off-target, high speed worm burner that proceeds to hit the ladies/front tee markers (which are all of 8 inches high) and ricochet straight back at me. I managed to get out of the way, but the ball ended up . . . you guessed it . . . in the water.

probably when this guy was stood on the 1st tee and i was working in the pro shop.I came to the door and watched the guy,He shouted to his playing partner''Right Im Going For Green'' he took the worst steep swing i have ever seen,Hit the floor about 8 inches behind the ball and snapped his driver.I virtually fell back into the pro shop.

This may not compare with some of the others, but at the time it was pretty funny.

Playing in my usual foursome and Mike had been struggling all day with his drives. The 17th is a 441 yard par 4 that at that time was bordered by a field containing a few dozen cattle. Just as he completed his backswing the cow standing at the fence less than 20 feet away watching us on the tee box let out the longest, loudest MOOOOOOO you have ever heard. It was if the cow was commenting on his swing. Needless to say the rest of us lost it and were laughing so hard that we could barely stand. Mike managed to stop his swing, looked at us and finally lost his composure and said even the cows are criticizing my swing today.

Every time we come to that hole since that day Mike always takes a long hard look to make sure there are no cows standing nearby.

Callaway Epic Speed 10.5* Project X Hzrdus Smoke iM10 50 6.0
Callaway Epic Speed 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke iM10 50 5.5

Big Bertha Alpha 815 20*
Mizuno JPX921 Forged 4-6 PX LZ 6.0

Mizuno JPX921 Tour 7-PW PX LZ 6.0
Titleist Vokey SM8 50* F8, 54* S10, 58* D12
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 1.5

This happened about a month or 2 ago. Was playing at a nice course up in Northern Illinois. Guy i was playing with was using a new driver for the first time that he was absolutely RAVING about. Got the whole story of the best Launch Monitor #'s ever and etc. First hole he toe shanks the hell out of it...goes like 50 yards dead right and was like 70 yards long total...not even probably. Winds up in 9th fairway right in front of the green...I was DYING on the inside and will never forget this storied event.

This may not compare with some of the others, but at the time it was pretty funny.

Playing in my usual foursome and Mike had been struggling all day with his drives. The 17th is a 441 yard par 4 that at that time was bordered by a field containing a few dozen cattle. Just as he completed his backswing the cow standing at the fence less than 20 feet away watching us on the tee box let out the longest, loudest MOOOOOOO you have ever heard. It was if the cow was commenting on his swing. Needless to say the rest of us lost it and were laughing so hard that we could barely stand. Mike managed to stop his swing, looked at us and finally lost his composure and said even the cows are criticizing my swing today.

Every time we come to that hole since that day Mike always takes a long hard look to make sure there are no cows standing nearby.

Did anyone watch the first round of the Target World Challenge yesterday when Tiger was getting ready to chip from just off the green and from a terrible lie and a dog started barking REALLY loud. Tiger stepped away, stepped back up and the dog went at it even louder? Tiger and the whole gallerly cracked up, and then the announcers made dog puns for 5 minutes. (e.g., "Tiger is chipping from the ruff", " Who do I hear mutt-ering?", etc)

i'd have to say the funniest thing that has happened to me this year would be a certain father and son combo that duel it out pretty much every time they play. The dad and i used to make little side comments and his son just simply couldnt handle them. he'd get all flustered and defensive. his dad and i would just laugh him off and hed get even more pissed. ;) :drinks: :scotty: :cheesy: :cheesy: ;)

that was fun while it lasted but after a while it just got so old.

i'd have to say the funniest thing that has happened to me this year would be a certain father and son combo that duel it out pretty much every time they play. The dad and i used to make little side comments and his son just simply couldnt handle them. he'd get all flustered and defensive. his dad and i would just laugh him off and hed get even more pissed. ;) :drinks: :scotty: :cheesy: :cheesy: ;)

that was fun while it lasted but after a while it just got so old.

Funny thing is, if I couldn't handle them...then would'nt you(or him) have beaten me in the gosh 25+ rounds we played? Affected me for a hole or 2 sure, but eventually I'd wind up beating all opponents who even tried to play against me.

My 2nd funniest thing, watching a certain some1 shoot like 60 on an easy azz course for the front 9. Was topping drives,throwing clubs like a 5 year old, not telling scores while gambling, and lastly quitting after 9 w/o paying his debts. Ahh this was a classic round as the guy is 27 and exerted 0 class whatsoever.

Golf is such a funny game i tell ya.

Whenever I first started playing, we always played a little 9 hole course in my home town. Hole 9 was an uphill slight dogleg left par 4. I hit my drive too far right and was blocked by some trees. I figured, "hell I can pull off this shot." So of course I decided to hit through these trees to the green. I hit one of the trees dead center and the ball came right back at me. I dove out of the way, and my ball flew straight behind me into a water hazard. The partners loved that shot.