2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Trackman Fitting Scheduled for February 10th

bopper53

New And Important Information Inside !!!
We have scheduled the GolfWRX Houston Group Trackman Fitting session for Saturday February 10th at Timbercreek Golf Course's Driving Range in Friendswood.

Actual time of the event TBA. In the event of bad weather, then the event will be on 2/17/06.

Cost : $100.00 per person for a complete session. Be sure to bring your current driver for analysis.

After the session each player will receive a $100.00 voucher that can be applied towards any premium shaft or driver upgrade.

Example : A player decided on a Matrix Code 6 shaft for his driver. Russell will install and SST Pure the new Code 6 in your driver head for a total price of $300.00 plus tax. So for an additional $200.00 you can get the shaft of your dreams installed, SST Pured and have the benefit of a outdoor Trackman fitting.

If you require additional information to make a decision, each player can go to the shop and go through the Hotstix fitting software.

Shafts that will be available :

All Matrix Oziks Code 6,7,8, Altus, TP-7

Diamana's White, Red, & Blue Boards

Grafalloy Axis and the TCI Chameleon

UST V2 Tour Weight Shafts

Creation Silver 65 & Copper 85

Fuji Speeders, ZComs, 300 series & Rombax

Accra SC, SE, Tour shafts

Accra SC 85* Tour Prototype (Brand New)

* These shaft will be fitted into the new NAK H-Tec driver head, All lofts available.

Official Sign Up List :

1. Drew

2. Wade

3. Glynn

4. Tony

5. Kiran

6. Todd

7. Cody

A maximum of ten players can take advantage of this session. So get on the list asap.

* If anyone is interested we can play golf at Timbercreek afterwards.

Glynn

Cally Ai Smoke 10.5, GD DI 60
Cally Ai Smoke 16.5 HL Wood,  Fuji Red TR 70
Cally Heavenwood,  Fuji Red TR 70

PXG Hybrid # 22
Cally AiSmoke irons 5-GW with KBS $ Taper 95 shafts

Cally 56, 58 Wedge, DGS Spinner

Cameron Phantom 5.5  Putter

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bump.

Would like to have 4 more players committed.

PXG Hybrid # 22

After thinking about it, I would really like to see what the Trackman can show me. One big problem, though. That is right about the time of our target date for the "business venture" most of you know about that I'm involved in, so I cannot commit because I am thinking there will be a ton of stuff to do outside of business hours once we get going. When I find out more details (hopefully in the next week or so), I'll let you know Glynn. If the 10 spots fill up before I can commit, so be it, but I'll try and make it if I can.

SLDR 460 9.5* Oban Kyoshi White 65-05
SLDR TP 14* 'Ahina 70x
SLDR TP 19* Motore Speeder 9.8HB
MR-23 CB US Spec 4-PW TC x1 soft stepped
Vokey SM 4 52*, TVD-K 56 & 60
Circa '62 No. 2 raw, ProV1x

glynn,

is this fitting just for driver or is it for irons too? can't wait.......my bag is almost completely set, except for the fact that i'm having some trouble installing lead tape (bought these precut strips that i thought would work perfectly, but they don't fit the cavity just right, so might take them all off today and just use the tape that can be molded to fit)

update:

irons and wedges have gone out to hot stix this morning for some lead tape magic. i can't believe how bad those precut strips looked....i couldn't even sleep last night....:)

clubs should be back in early next week and EVERYTHING is set to go......except for the fact that those x-forged are haunting me.

glynn,

is this fitting just for driver or is it for irons too? can't wait.......my bag is almost completely set, except for the fact that i'm having some trouble installing lead tape (bought these precut strips that i thought would work perfectly, but they don't fit the cavity just right, so might take them all off today and just use the tape that can be molded to fit)

update:

irons and wedges have gone out to hot stix this morning for some lead tape magic. i can't believe how bad those precut strips looked....i couldn't even sleep last night....:cheesy:

clubs should be back in early next week and EVERYTHING is set to go......except for the fact that those x-forged are haunting me.

Those X-forged are haunting me too but I already have the Tourstage's coming in from Hawaii next week :)

I just hope the Nippon 950's fit me decently.

is this fitting just for driver or is it for irons too? can't wait

This is a driver fitting first, but I would assume that irons could be worked into it.

Keep in mind that the other part of this is the ability to hit all of the top shafts that the pro's play and get instant feedback on how that shaft fits you.

If you were doing this in Vegas, can you imagine the cost $$$$$

There is a remote chance that Claude Harmon may visit us that weekend.

I think that PGA Pro Mike Standley may be available for consultations also.

Glynn

PXG Hybrid # 22

i have a question how exactly do u figure out what shaft will fit your head when u are using a different head for testing

That is a good question and I am surprised no one has asked it before now.

1. The characteristics of the Nak H-Tec head has been evaluated (for ball flight) and there are comparisons to be made against the final head that one might use such as a Bridgestone head that hits lower and flatter than the stated loft that is being compared to a Cobra X Speed that tends to hit high.

2. If a certain player finds that at the demo that for example : the Nak 9.5 head that he is trying a Diamana White Board is the absolute best driver that he has ever hit, he can buy that very club on the spot. The demo heads are designed to play golf with and are legal.

3. Everyone has the opportunity to have his choice from the demo day validated by the Hotstix Fitting system with the head of his choice.

Example : The player has a Cobra X Speed 9.5 head that he is currently playing with a V2 shaft, he feels that he wants more carry or roll and he has interest in the Code 6 shaft, with the Hotstix software he can hit several shots with his driver and then have the system measure that against a Code 6 shaft profile.

4. This is a real chance to measure your own driver setup with hard data against a shaft that you may have been wanting to try.

The real benefit of this fitting is to experience the feel and the ballflight of these shafts in real time on a range with instant feedback and hard/data/numbers to back up the experience.

We have all made bad choices with heads and shafts before and we have the opportunity to not make that mistake again.

Where else can the average player do this in Houston?

PXG Hybrid # 22

i talked to txgolfer130 (lives in bastrop) and he said he may be interested in coming down for this test too (if spots are still available).

i would like to play at timber creek before the fitting, anyone else interested in playing for the fitting fee?.....:)

too bad the ft-i and ft-5 won't be out until after the fitting...cause those clubs are going in the bag no matter what!!

i have a question how exactly do u figure out what shaft will fit your head when u are using a different head for testing

That is a good question and I am surprised no one has asked it before now.

1. The characteristics of the Nak H-Tec head has been evaluated (for ball flight) and there are comparisons to be made against the final head that one might use such as a Bridgestone head that hits lower and flatter than the stated loft that is being compared to a Cobra X Speed that tends to hit high.

2. If a certain player finds that at the demo that for example : the Nak 9.5 head that he is trying a Diamana White Board is the absolute best driver that he has ever hit, he can buy that very club on the spot. The demo heads are designed to play golf with and are legal.

3. Everyone has the opportunity to have his choice from the demo day validated by the Hotstix Fitting system with the head of his choice.

Example : The player has a Cobra X Speed 9.5 head that he is currently playing with a V2 shaft, he feels that he wants more carry or roll and he has interest in the Code 6 shaft, with the Hotstix software he can hit several shots with his driver and then have the system measure that against a Code 6 shaft profile.

4. This is a real chance to measure your own driver setup with hard data against a shaft that you may have been wanting to try.

The real benefit of this fitting is to experience the feel and the ballflight of these shafts in real time on a range with instant feedback and hard/data/numbers to back up the experience.

We have all made bad choices with heads and shafts before and we have the opportunity to not make that mistake again.

Where else can the average player do this in Houston?

could i bring 2 drivers

i talked to txgolfer130 (lives in bastrop) and he said he may be interested in coming down for this test too (if spots are still available).

The limit is ten players to be able to do a proper fitting and time devoted.

Every ones commitment needs to be firm as this undertaking will require a big effort on our facilitators part so everyone that is signed up needs to show up.

As far as golf, we will have to do that after the fitting has taken place due to the scheduling with Timbercreeks driving range and Golf Etc..

Also keep in mind that we have a bad weather date of the 17th planned if the 10th doesn't work out.

Please keep in mind what a great value we are getting for an investment of a $100.00.

PXG Hybrid # 22

too bad the ft-i and ft-5 won't be out until after the fitting...cause those clubs are going in the bag no matter what!!

These clubs should be in the Hotstix software by then so you can pick the right shaft for them at the fitting day.

From what I am hearing, we may be suprised on how good the new Nak head is.

I am planning of finding a great shaft for the new FT-5 myself.

PXG Hybrid # 22

could i bring 2 drivers

Go ahead and bring both and if time permits, I dont see why not.

PXG Hybrid # 22

These clubs should be in the Hotstix software by then so you can pick the right shaft for them at the fitting day.

yeah, but i need to order mine asap cause i'm inpatient!!...... :)

i am hoping this fitting will get tmfan and i within 100 yds of drew, glynn, and rick's drives....really eyeballing the white board in a ft-5

yeah, but i need to order mine asap cause i'm inpatient!!...... :)

i am hoping this fitting will get tmfan and i within 100 yds of drew, glynn, and rick's drives....really eyeballing the white board in a ft-5

I may go VJ on all you turds with the White Board in my new HiBore XL :) I'm pretty excited about this driver.

I may go VJ on all you turds with the White Board in my new HiBore XL :) I'm pretty excited about this driver.

Was thinking the same thing. :)

[i][color=#0000cd][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font][/b][/color][/i]

A thought that just popped into my head . . . out of curiosity, what kind of golf balls will we be using? Range balls?

Yes, we will be using range balls.

Unless of course someone wants to step up and supply new balls ?

Don't you use experienced balls when everyone hits in a net at Ed Wattts, Bobs, Golfsmith, etc... ?

PXG Hybrid # 22

I may go VJ on all you turds with the White Board in my new HiBore XL I'm pretty excited about this driver

And what bettter way to experience the Diamana White Board than at the fitting!

And for only $200.00 dollars more you can have one SST Pured and installed in your Hi-Bore XL.

PXG Hybrid # 22

A thought that just popped into my head . . . out of curiosity, what kind of golf balls will we be using? Range balls?

Yes, we will be using range balls.

Unless of course someone wants to step up and supply new balls ?

Don't you use experienced balls when everyone hits in a net at Ed Wattts, Bobs, Golfsmith, etc... ?

When you say experienced, you do mean used ProV1s, etc. right? Are you saying that for the fitting they will be using the yellow Softcore balls that they have at the range, or do you just mean that they will be using the stock of "fitting" balls they use at the shop?

If its actual range balls, I'd bet for a few bucks from Golf Etc., Timber Creek would be willing to separate the white ones out from the yellow ones.

SLDR 460 9.5* Oban Kyoshi White 65-05
SLDR TP 14* 'Ahina 70x
SLDR TP 19* Motore Speeder 9.8HB
MR-23 CB US Spec 4-PW TC x1 soft stepped
Vokey SM 4 52*, TVD-K 56 & 60
Circa '62 No. 2 raw, ProV1x

I may go VJ on all you turds with the White Board in my new HiBore XL I'm pretty excited about this driver

And what bettter way to experience the Diamana White Board than at the fitting!

And for only $200.00 dollars more you can have one SST Pured and installed in your Hi-Bore XL.

i will be disappointed if not fit for a whiteboard.... ;)

it'll probably end up being a ys6 or aldila nv.... :crazy:

looking forward to the fitting!

If its actual range balls, I'd bet for a few bucks from Golf Etc., Timber Creek would be willing to separate the white ones out from the yellow ones.

I would not count on anything but the regular range balls, nor would I expect Golf Etc... Clearlake to provide anymore than they are doing now. They are having to secure the range time.

I hope that everyone realizes that Golf Etc.. Clearlake is doing this as a favor to me and all of you WRXers.

The trackman system is a huge up front investment (up towards $50,000.00 ) for any shop and it is the only one in our area.

For us to be able to take advantage of it as a group for only $100.00 and then to have that $100.00 investment be applied back towards a $300.00 shaft, plus the added benefit of SST Puring the shaft and Golf Etc.. forgiving all regular install charges !

Golf Etc.. is doing this for a chance to show you want they are all about Tech wise and that they would like to earn your future business.

If there is someone that doesn't think this is a great deal and opportunity for your investment then let me know and I can cancel it.

I have been to and done business with every shop in this town and I can tell everyone that none of them would put in this much effort and invest their time into offering us a great learning experience.

If anyone think that they can get a Diamana White Board or a Code 6 shaft, then have it SST Pured, have the choice backed up by Hotstix if needed and professionally installed cheaper than $300.00 plus tax then you should do it.

I am not trying to sound harsh about this, but I have invested my time and effort into asking for and securing this fitting for us too, so if anyone thinks it is not worth it to them, speak up.

Glynn

PXG Hybrid # 22