2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Trackman Fitting Scheduled for February 10th

bopper53

If there is someone that doesn't think this is a great deal and opportunity for your investment then let me know and I can cancel it.

I am not trying to sound harsh about this, but I have invested my time and effort into asking for and securing this fitting for us too, so if anyone thinks it is not worth it to them, speak up.

Glynn, I don't think anyone is complaining or saying they don't want to do it. The concern is that using range balls, which perform significantly differently than the balls we use on the course, will skew the Trackman results. That's all.

I'm still looking forward to it.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there is someone that doesn't think this is a great deal and opportunity for your investment then let me know and I can cancel it.

I am not trying to sound harsh about this, but I have invested my time and effort into asking for and securing this fitting for us too, so if anyone thinks it is not worth it to them, speak up.

Glynn, I don't think anyone is complaining or saying they don't want to do it. The concern is that using range balls, which perform significantly differently than the balls we use on the course, will skew the Trackman results. That's all.

I'm still looking forward to it.

exactly thats the reason i am hesitent(sp?) to sign up id just like to know if they factor it in or exactly how it works that they can calculate spin and launch you would get use ur gamer ball. not trying to yank ur chain or anything just curious cause im a junior and want to make sure i do it right

Not trying to intrude on ya'lls conversation but how about everyone that wants to get fitted bring a dozen of their own balls that they regularly play? Just a suggestion.

I don't think the range balls are going to make that much of a difference with my swing plus the fact that it will be going on four months since I hit a ball at the time of the test, however, I was thinking this very thing, I will just bring a dozen or so of my experienced/practice B 330's and hit those to see if there is any difference.

I will get a definite answer on the ball question the first of next week. If you want to bring your own balls, I am sure that it will be fine.

I am also willing to go into my own pocket and buy a few dozen mid price balls for the exact fitting if needed by the players.

I just do not feel comfortable asking our host to provide anything else. You must remember that there are many top amateurs and mini tour guys that pay full boat for the same opportunity that we are getting as a group.

Believe me I am thick skinned and my feelings are not hurt. Just trying to be fair on all accounts.

When we did our first BSG outing at Fishcreek I envisioned us creating a large positive group of golfers that could become a presence in the area and that would benefit us as a buying group of golfers and afford us the biggest bang for our buck.

This is what I am attempting to do for us and that is all.

The way that I look at it, I have spent several thousands dollars the past two years on shafts that I only read about and then hated.

Last year alone I tried :

Diamana Red 65 & 75

Diamana Blue 85 & 95

UST V2 65,76,86

VS Proto 70, 80

Fuji Speeder 652,757,862,350,962

Grafalloy Tour, TCI Concept

NV Proto 95

NVS Proto 85

* Plus hundreds of install charges.

For me personally, it would have been well worth a $100.00 to try these shafts and not make a mistake based solely on feel.

Glynn

Cally Ai Smoke 10.5, GD DI 60
Cally Ai Smoke 16.5 HL Wood,  Fuji Red TR 70
Cally Heavenwood,  Fuji Red TR 70

PXG Hybrid # 22
Cally AiSmoke irons 5-GW with KBS $ Taper 95 shafts

Cally 56, 58 Wedge, DGS Spinner

Cameron Phantom 5.5  Putter

one more ? how much are they gonna charge for the tp-7

Do not expect a Ozik TP-7 for the price I quoted. For the TP-7 you can ask that at the demo.

Glynn

PXG Hybrid # 22

...I am also willing to go into my own pocket and buy a few dozen mid price balls for the exact fitting if needed by the players...

Certainly no need for you to bear those costs, Glynn. It's up to each individual to provide his desired "test" golf balls for the Trackman fitting.

Appreciate your setting it up. 7.gif

[i][color=#0000cd][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font][/b][/color][/i]

...I am also willing to go into my own pocket and buy a few dozen mid price balls for the exact fitting if needed by the players...

Certainly no need for you to bear those costs, Glynn. It's up to each individual to provide his desired "test" golf balls for the Trackman fitting.

Appreciate your setting it up. 7.gif

Well said Todd....I agree 100%

I thought my bag was totally complete...but broke down and ordered ft-i, ft-5, x-forged, and x tour wedges!! :crazy:

...I thought my bag was totally complete...but broke down and ordered ft-i, ft-5, x-forged, and x tour wedges!!

Tony! 1.gif

By the way, I have a tour issue FT-3 and finally found an Altus to go in it......who in Houston has experience installing shafts in the FT-3 without burning the head or melting the hosel insert, Mr. Callaway??? I've seen way too many FT-3s messed up by well thought of club builders, and Joe Kwok is gone for a month.

[i][color=#0000cd][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font][/b][/color][/i]

hahaha todd!! i'm so embarrassed...

anyways, i wrote this long response to todd about why i stick with hot stix, but it got deleted.....so hot stix is it! i got "burned" by l.g. and hot stix can do it perfectly (like custom from callaway!)

but todd, i'd upgrade to the ft-5...since a 5' 1" tadd fujikawa hit a 345 yard drive on 18 with it in hawaii!

so when u said code 6 is 300 it actually isnt im confused and were did u quote the tp-7 price

Shafts like the Code 6, most Fuji's and Diamana's will fall into the $300.00 range.

Shafts like the Matrix Ozik TP-7 (some like BSG sell it for $1000.00) and possibly the Creation will be more as you can expect it to be. We do have to be reasonable.

But, your $100.00 investment will count towards that.

PXG Hybrid # 22

To address the range ball question that has been asked here is the answer.

Russell and his staff did some testing along with PGA Tour Pro Mike Standley concerning the issue using range ball for the Trackman Fitting System.

Through their own testing with the Trackman system, they have determined the following :

1. Range balls in good condition will fly (carry only) on average 5 percent less than top premium balls like the Pro V1 line.

2. Premium balls tend to spin 300 to 400 RPM's more than the range balls.

3. These numbers are taken into consideration upon deciding the final shaft for the player.

You are welcome to bring some balls of your own to hit to validate the final numbers if you would like, however it could be near impossible if you wanted to retrieve them.

Russell want to make this a great experience for you, he has a wealth of experience to draw upon and while nothing in life is a sure thing, you should walk away comfortable in your decision.

Glynn

PXG Hybrid # 22

Interesting...thx, Glynn.

They had a lot of ads running on TGC during the Sony.

...You are welcome to bring some balls of your own to hit to validate the final numbers if you would like, however it could be near impossible if you wanted to retrieve them...

Anyone retrieving balls on the range is fair game.......Pull! :)

...but todd, i'd upgrade to the ft-5...since a 5' 1" tadd fujikawa hit a 345 yard drive on 18 with it in hawaii!

He'd embarass me on the links and then kick my arse in the parking lot afterwards, all while smiling and maintaining a good atitude. :)

If our permits keep getting delayed, I may be able to make this afterall. I'll let you know when I know, Glynn. You going to join us next Sunday?

SLDR 460 9.5* Oban Kyoshi White 65-05
SLDR TP 14* 'Ahina 70x
SLDR TP 19* Motore Speeder 9.8HB
MR-23 CB US Spec 4-PW TC x1 soft stepped
Vokey SM 4 52*, TVD-K 56 & 60
Circa '62 No. 2 raw, ProV1x

Glynn,

If appropriate, I can be there, too. I live 10 minutes from TimberCreek. I'll have brand new demo bags -- used at the PGA Show -- full of V2s and all-new 2nd generation ACCRAs that have never been seen before, etc.

Lemme know...

I think that would a be great idea. Russell is a UST Tour Shop Dealer and he can get any shaft that a player likes.

Your input on UST shafts would be great in my opinion.

Glynn

PXG Hybrid # 22

Glynn,

Our annual sales conference is in Anaheim from February 4th until February 7th, and then a bunch of us are going to Vegas for a couple days. Looks like I'm going to have to beg out of the fitting.

How does Golf Etc plan to use the Trackman? Can I call them and set something up with them, or do they have specific dates that they set it up?

There has been some PM's and questions about the fitting price and how it can be applied to a shaft purchase and installation.

The deal that will be available during the fitting day will be :

Cost of the Fitting : $100.00

The the $100.00 will be able to be applied towards any shaft upgrade that you want.

Fitting Day Only Shaft Prices before the $100.00 is applied.

Diamana Blue - $300.00

Diamana Red and White - $350.00

Diamana Bassara - $150.00

Grafalloy Axis - $275.00

Grafalloy TCI Tours - $150.00

Accra SC Shaft - $225.00

Accra Tour - $ 125.00

Matrix Code 6,7,8, - $ 300.00

Matrix Altus - $379.00

Matrix TP7 - $800.00

Fuji Rombax - $300.00

Fuji ZComm - $300.00

Fuji Six - $225.00

Fuji E Series - $125.00

Accuflex Creations - $399.00

Example :

If the fitting says you should play a Code 6 shaft, then after you pay upfront the $100.00 for the fitting day, you will be able to get a Code 6 shaft SST Pured and Installed for an additional $200.00 plus tax.

Hopefully this will clear up any questions that you might have. I hope that everyone realizes what a great deal we are getting for the services rendered. :drinks:

Glynn

PXG Hybrid # 22

I pinned the Trackman topics to the top so everyone can find them easily.

Hey, Kiran!

What's that I see under your name & avatar there on the left??? Is there a new sheriff in town? :drinks:

...Cost of the Fitting : $100.00

The the $100.00 will be able to be applied towards any shaft upgrade that you want.

Fitting Day Only Shaft Prices before the $100.00 is applied.

...Diamana Red and White - $350.00...Example :

If the fitting says you should play a Code 6 shaft, then after you pay upfront the $100.00 for the fitting day, you will be able to get a Code 6 shaft SST Pured and Installed for an additional $200.00 plus tax...

$350 for a pured, swingweighted, installed Diamana White???.....I'm all over that. Got a TourSpec HiBore XL in the mail today. :drinks: