2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

stevegp

Advanced Members
  • Last visited

• Feedback

0%

About stevegp

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

stevegp's Achievements

1. I agree. I am a huge fan. She was sexually abused as a young girl. A few years ago she spoke out publicly to give support and encouragement to other girls who were/are being abused. She didn't have to expose her own past trauma, but she did... in order to let others know they are not alone.
  2. I am a regular viewer of the tournaments and follower of the LPGA. I agree completely with Kaysquare's comment.
  3. Late this afternoon I stopped at a Golf Galaxy. They are offering a "Buy 2 Get 1 Free" sale on the new (2024) Wilson Staff Golf Balls, both the regular and X model. $49.99/dozen.
  4. I often play with two seniors (in their 70s) who swear by the XXIO fairway woods. They both said they picked up yardage and were easier to consistently launch.
  5. I've decided to purchase the Cobalt Q-4 over the NX10
  6. I believe it is the improved spin and a few extra yards off the driver.
  7. Ballnamic also recommended the Bridgestone Tour B X as my top ball. My driver swing speed is 84 mph. There are several other metrics, some that are more important, that must be considered and factored in when calculating which ball best suits your game.
  8. Several years ago I remember reading an interview with Stacy Lewis. She claimed that her yearly golf expenses for her entire team, travel, lodging, etc., was $180,000.
  9. Minjee Lee just signed with Callaway. She will play 14 Callaway clubs including an Odyssey putter, the new Chrome Tour ball, and use a Callaway bag and glove.
  10. I read that she will be playing the Tour.
  11. Somewhere on YouTube there is a video of a SIK Putter fitting done at a studio in England. I'm sure you can Google it. The one point I remember the fitter say was if you are left eye-dominant, you should use use a putter with an alignment line or dot on the top of the putter head; if you are right eye-dominant, you are better served by have an alignment line on the back flange. I don't know if this advice is true or accurate, but I remember that is what he said. By the way, the guy he was fitting was a right-handed golfer.
  12. On July 22, 2010, I made my only hole in one using a Titleist NXT Tour I found during a previous round. It was on a Par 3 at Stony Brook Golf Course in Hopewell, New Jersey.
  13. There's a guy who I have a usual game with who has this same colorblindness. Never believes me that I hit every ball within three feet on the green. 😂 But in all seriousness, he has driven over my ball and walked over my ball multiple times because he can't see the red. Brief story: A few years ago I was playing in then Northeast in the summer on a hot, still day. There was barely a breeze. The course had red flags on the pin. I could not see the red flag against the green background of the trees and brush. It wasn't until a slight breeze ruffled the flag that I could see see it. Certain shades and hues I can distinguish; others, I can't tell the difference. There is a company, EnChroma--(I have zero involvement with the company)--that makes eye glasses to correct the two major types of colorblindness. If you go to their web site, they have photos and videos of what shades of color colorblind people see versus what those with perfect color vision see.
  14. I am significantly red/green colorblind. So, red doesn't work for me.