ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

New Wood

George1174George1174 Advanced Members Posts: 202
I'm a weekend hacker and currently I have a Callaway X Hot N14 3W and a X Hot 5W in my bag. Both regular. But I'm not satisfied anymore.

I hit my 3W mostly from the tee, about 3-4 times per round on my home course, when the D is too long or the hole is too narrow. Maybe twice from the fairway.

I went to a local demoday and hit the Wilson F5 with the Fubuki Z, 15deg regular felt really good, ball flight high and straight, whereas the stiff version tended to pull-draw and needed a bit more work. I have the Fubuki ZT in my BB Alpha, so I'd have the same shaft in it. Unfortunately the Wilson rep didn't have a launch monitor.

Then I went over to Callaway and hit the XR16 4W with the stock Speeder 565 both in reg and stiff. I liked both but could easily play the stiff shaft.

Club speed 92mph, ball speed 133 mph, straight, launch angle 15 deg, 216yds carry into a slight head wind from a mat with rangeballs. Yes, I know, golf isn't played on the range from mats, but normally I hit my driver 220 carry, so...

What puzzles me is that I did not have to choke down to avoid fat shots which I have to do when I want to play my X Hot from the deck. :-)

Any insight? Suggestions what I might consider during my selection process what I haven't thought of? Please don't mention TMAG. I just don't like them. It's strictly personal.

BTW: Whats so special about the Epic SZ 3W? I hit a 13.5 deg head with the stiff Fujikura and I could get it up pretty easily albeit without measuring. The XR16 should be much more friendly though.
Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 10* - Project X LZ 6.0 44.5"
Callaway XR16 4W 17° - Fujikura Speeder Evolution 565 S
Callaway X2Hot 4H 22* - Aldila Tour blue
Cleveland Mashie 3H 20.5° - Miyazaki C.Kua 59
Mizuno MP-59 4-PW - KBS Tour R hs
Titleist SM 7 50/08 - 54/10 - 58/08 - DG S200
Scotty Cameron Select Fastback 29.5" Winn Jumbo Pistol, 40gr down the shaft, 40gr counterweight