Odyssey O-Works 7s vs 7

bbfan11bbfan11 Members Posts: 26 ✭✭
In reading the discussion about the new Red or Black Odyssey 7 and 7s models it appears that most of the players here have chosen the 7s model. However, I've made the decision to go with the 7 because the Odyssey website says it's face balanced and for a player with straight back , straight through putting stroke. It's offset is also full shaft vs slant neck hosel. My local shop doesn't have a 7s in stock so I haven't had a chance to compare with the two models. I just wondered why all the love for the 7s vs the 7 and could I possibly be missing some other noticeable differences between the two.

Comments

• golden543golden543 Members Posts: 32
    It really depends on the player. If you've got a straight back straight through stroke then the 7 suits you well. I would say that 7s is extremely popular because many putters like myself like the moi of a mallet (7), but need some toe balance like a blade (7s). Personally, I have an in to out arc which is why face balanced does not work for me. Looks like you made the right decision.
    Driver - Taylormade M2 2017 460, hzrdus t1100
    3 wood - PXG 0341x, Oban Kiyoshi Purple
    6 wood - Callaway Epic 5w 19*, MCA Tensei ck blue 70
    4 hybrid - Callaway Apex 4H, MCA Tensei 80 Blue
    5-6 iron - Titielist 718 cb, Nippon NS PRO 1050GH
    7-9 iron - Titielist 718 mb, Project x LZ 5.5
    PW - 46* Vokey sm6 F grind, Project x LZ 5.5
    GW - 50* Vokey sm6 F grind, Project x LZ 5.5
    SW - 54.5* Vokey sm6 S grind, Project x LZ 5.5
    LW - 59* Vokey Wedgeworks V grind, Project x LZ 5.5
    Putter - Titielist Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5m , Matador White Large
  • AUDufferAUDuffer ClubWRX Posts: 2,929 ClubWRX
    golden543 wrote:

It really depends on the player. If you've got a straight back straight through stroke then the 7 suits you well. I would say that 7s is extremely popular because many putters like myself like the moi of a mallet (7), but need some toe balance like a blade (7s). Personally, I have an in to out arc which is why face balanced does not work for me. Looks like you made the right decision.

Exactly what I was told when I was getting fit at the ECPC last week. The 7s is for the player who wants a mallet but doesn't need the face balance aspect of one.
    10.5° PXG 0811LX Project X HC Evenflow 75X<br />15° PXG 0341 Fujikura 2.0 7X<br />19° PXG 0317 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S<br />4-6 Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi Oban CT-115 S-<br />7-9 Mizuno MP-18 MMC Oban CT-115 S-<br />Artisan Golf 46/50/54/58 Oban CT-115 S-<br />Artisan Golf 0117 x 2 (Night and Day)
  • gator022gator022 Members Posts: 182 ✭✭✭

Firing this older conversation back up as I've done some reading on offset for the putter based on your eye dominance. I am right handed and right eye dominate. What I've read is that the best suited putters for this setup is double bend shaft or a full offset (generally plumbers neck). I have a Odyssey 7s and I'm trying to determine if this is full offset or is this more of 3/4 offset?

• MaineMarinerMaineMariner Members Posts: 439 ✭✭✭✭

Odyssey lists it as 3/4 shaft on their website.

TaylorMade Original One Mini Driver, 13 deg., Fujikura ATMOS Red
    Callaway Rogue 3 Wood, Project X EvenFlow Blue 75
    Srixon Z H45 3 & 4 hybrid, Kuro Kage Black
    Srixon Z 565 irons, 5 - AW, Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
    Callaway MD3 Milled S Grind 54 deg.
    Callaway Mac Daddy PM Grind 58 deg.
    Odyssey Arm Lock Double Wide, Rosemark 7Teen grip / Odyssey O-Works Black Jailbird Mini S, Rosemark 1.52 grip
  • gator022gator022 Members Posts: 182 ✭✭✭

@MaineMariner said:
    Odyssey lists it as 3/4 shaft on their website.

Thanks. Can you or anyone elaborate to me how much if anything I'm at a disadvantage because of eye dominance to be using a 3/4 offset versus full offset? Other than the obvious 25% :smiley:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file