Dynamic Gold 105 .370 vs .355 Flex

achappyachappy Members Posts: 1,110 ✭✭
The parallel versions of the original Dynamic Gold are weaker than the taper tip. I don't remember how much but it was pretty significant. I had to play X100s in the parallel versions. I was wondering if it's the same for the 105g versions?

I'm asking because I recently built a hybrid with a .370 DG105 shaft and wasn't sure about flex so I hardstepped it once. I really like the shaft and it feels close to the 130G version. I plan on reshafting my Srixon 745s but of course will go with .355 and wasn't sure how the flex will transfer. If they are similar in flex then I will hardstep once as well.
Srixon 785 10.5 Hazard 75
Srixon F85 3W Hazard 75
Srixon H85 19* Hazard 75
Srixon 745 DG105 S300 3-PW
Callaway Jaws CC 52*, 58*
Ping Zing 5BZ

Comments

• Howard JonesHoward Jones Members Posts: 8,483 ✭✭
    I dont know the 105 firts hand, but the difference is always larger in the short end...

A despending wgt shaft is most of the time, a const wgt shaft for a #1 iron we tip trim for each club shorter.

Since const wgt has thicker shaftwalls as we go shorter, but our #1 iron remains the same, we get a different shaft wgt and flex progression.

Desc.wgt cpm progression is 4CPM while for const, about 5.4 so the slope is steeper on const, wgt.

In the long end, flex gets closer as we get closer to the #1 iron who whould be equal, so in your case, let net cut wgt and hosel spec make the choicee for you, flex should not be your worry here
  • achappyachappy Members Posts: 1,110 ✭✭

I dont know the 105 firts hand, but the difference is always larger in the short end...

A despending wgt shaft is most of the time, a const wgt shaft for a #1 iron we tip trim for each club shorter.

Since const wgt has thicker shaftwalls as we go shorter, but our #1 iron remains the same, we get a different shaft wgt and flex progression.

Desc.wgt cpm progression is 4CPM while for const, about 5.4 so the slope is steeper on const, wgt.

In the long end, flex gets closer as we get closer to the #1 iron who whould be equal, so in your case, let net cut wgt and hosel spec make the choicee for you, flex should not be your worry here

Thank you!! This is exactly the information I was looking for.
    Srixon 785 10.5 Hazard 75
    Srixon F85 3W Hazard 75
    Srixon H85 19* Hazard 75
    Srixon 745 DG105 S300 3-PW
    Callaway Jaws CC 52*, 58*
    Ping Zing 5BZ