Nike Method 001 Paint Fill

Need4spdNeed4spd Members Posts: 1,534 ✭✭
edited Jan 4, 2019 3:38pm in Deal or No Deal? #1
Picked up a Method 001 yesterday and noticed that the paint fill in the sight dot, the Nike swoosh on the face, and a couple other areas is not black, but rather a dark shade of what I would call army green. From a distance you probably couldn’t tell, but in the sun it’s fairly noticeable.

I had one do these a few years back and I’m fairly certain the paint fill was black. I’ve also looked at just about every picture online that I can find and they all appear to be black.

Also, the thin milled line that runs the length of the sole from heel to toe (in the very center) is not perfectly straight. You wouldn’t notice it at first glance, but it’s definitley got some curvature to it. So all this got me wondering if this thing could be a fake.

I’d post pics but I don’t know if the color would even be that noticble in a photograph.

Thoughts?
In the Hoofer

TaylorMade M4 9.5° Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 60TX
TaylorMade M2 15° Aldila ROGUE Silver 110 M.S.I. 70X
TaylorMade RSi TP UDI #2 KBS TOUR Hybrid Prototype 95X
Srixon Z965 4-PW Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 
Titleist Vokey SM7 50.08F, 54.10S, 60.12D Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Toulon Design Columbus
TaylorMade TP5X 

Comments

• MitchellMitchell Members Posts: 5,484 ✭✭
    Could possibly one that came from overstock that Nike sold to various vendors like Dallas Golf- those often did not have paintfill or alignment aids so that could be added later based upon player preference.
    Taylormade r510tp 10.5* Fuji Evo TS 661
    TEE cbx 16.5* Accra TourZ LT70 M4
    TEE CNC Ltd. Forged 3-pw DG pro s300
    Artisan 53* s400
    Artisan 58* s400
    Cameron 1996 Laguna