TIM929- WITB

Comments

• TIM929TIM929 Los AngelesMembers  1465WRX Points: 878Handicap: 14.2Posts: 1,465 Platinum Tees

Welcome to the fam little buddy... didn’t know you would be so pure.

Like that middle child who out performs even with so much neglect.

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 10.5* Driver                  HZRDUS SMOKE 6.0         Tour Velvet std 
    Adams Tightlies 2 16*3 Wood        whatevers stock                 Tour Velvet std  
    Titleist TS3 19*    Hybrid                 HZRDUS SMOKE 6.0         Tour Velvet std 
    Titleist 716 TMB  4-P                       DG S300                            Tour Velvet Align 2 wraps  
    Titleist SM7 52.12F (bent to 49.09)DG S400                            Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SM7 56.10S                          DG S400                            Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SM7 60.12D                          DG S400                            Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SC Terryllium Fastback 1.5  34" loft 6.5                        Pistolini Plus  
    Titleist PROV1                                   ball
    Kirkland sig                                       glove 
    FJ rain glove                                     glove (rain)  

WITB:
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1729394-timbo929-witb/
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • AG12AG12 Members  2089WRX Points: 1,053Handicap: 10Posts: 2,089 Platinum Tees

On -, @TIM929 said:

So sick dude! Good looking stick!

Posted:
    Driver: Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60
    4W: PING G410 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 70
    4HY: PING G410 21* Accra FX 300H
    Irons: PING G410 5-UW Project X LZ 120
    Wedges: CBX2 54/12 & 58/10 Full Face DG115
    Putter: Bettinardi Inovai Hexperimental
    Ball: Titleist ProV1x #27
    WITB
  • TIM929TIM929 Los AngelesMembers  1465WRX Points: 878Handicap: 14.2Posts: 1,465 Platinum Tees

On -, @AG12 said:

On -, @TIM929 said:

So sick dude! Good looking stick!

Thank you sir, I thought the TS3 10.5 was monster.. this here’s a mini monster.

I love how square it is as address.

Posted:
    Titleist TS3 10.5* Driver                  HZRDUS SMOKE 6.0         Tour Velvet std 
    Adams Tightlies 2 16*3 Wood        whatevers stock                 Tour Velvet std  
    Titleist TS3 19*    Hybrid                 HZRDUS SMOKE 6.0         Tour Velvet std 
    Titleist 716 TMB  4-P                       DG S300                            Tour Velvet Align 2 wraps  
    Titleist SM7 52.12F (bent to 49.09)DG S400                            Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SM7 56.10S                          DG S400                            Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SM7 60.12D                          DG S400                            Tour Velvet plus4 1 wraps
    Titleist SC Terryllium Fastback 1.5  34" loft 6.5                        Pistolini Plus  

WITB:
  • makavelimakaveli Members  474WRX Points: 75Posts: 474 Greens

On -, @TIM929 said:

traded a 3 wood I had for this combo set. Every single person alive needs to try these at least once before they leave the earth. The feel at impact is amazing!

Awesome WITB all around.

I've had MP-63's in the bag since they came out! I'm 99.9% positive the MP-68 came out the same time as the MP-63 so kudos for keeping it period correct, lol. How do you like the PXG bag? I need something for my new 0211's and I'm leaning towards a stand bag that isn't full of dividers and can hold a 33" putter without forcing the head cover off. Is there an enough of a difference to justify the cost of raw Vokey's? My Vokey's are getting dull.

Posted:

On -, @makaveli said:

On -, @TIM929 said:

traded a 3 wood I had for this combo set. Every single person alive needs to try these at least once before they leave the earth. The feel at impact is amazing!

Awesome WITB all around.

I've had MP-63's in the bag since they came out! I'm 99.9% positive the MP-68 came out the same time as the MP-63 so kudos for keeping it period correct, lol. How do you like the PXG bag? I need something for my new 0211's and I'm leaning towards a stand bag that isn't full of dividers and can hold a 33" putter without forcing the head cover off. Is there an enough of a difference to justify the cost of raw Vokey's? My Vokey's are getting dull.

Thank you very much sir!

Whoa you had the MP- 63 since they released? Those irons were ahead of their time for sure, true mizuno butter soft impact.

Yes, same year release you mentioned makes total sense because the gapping, feel, and the way the ball bends(super sensitive)- all blend together as if they were one model. The new MP-20s look a lot like the 68s which I feel attracts a lot of previous mizuno customers to their new line. Mizuno does a great job with the brand integrity which I respect a lot.

Congrats on the 0211s! Great irons at our range demo! Just long, great, good looking irons.

PXG bag- Vessel manufactures them and I heard members having issues with staining and ripping of the leather with the white vessel bags, but I had my black PXG bag Maybee over 2 years without issue with the leather. I feel the quality might be different from PXG vs the vessel brand in material. I would go with black due to potential staining though.

The bag itself is just awesome! Very well designed and the 33” putter will not be an issue at all. I have a 33” as well and the putter cover slides in very nicely in the woods section or in the wedge section with 3 clubs plus my putter in both. The pocket placement is awesome and it just looks and feels like a high end bag compared to all the bags I’ve owned. Very light weight and the most comfortable stand bag when on the shoulders I’ve owned thus far.

BUT, the screws that hold the legs to the bag fell out before, called PXG (not Vessel) and a new set of screws were received a few days later. Just recently the fabric in the mid section that separate the mid/ long irons tore. I haven’t had club tangle issues so it doesn’t bother me enough to change yet. For me, this bag is well worth it.

Raw vokeys- all my vokeys weren’t raw at first, they were all striped. I wouldn’t pay extra for raw, I would just stripe them myself. It’s so easy.. The thread below is how I learned:

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1042473/vokey-sm5-removing-black-finish-down-to-raw-a-how-to-pic-heavy/p7

I really like the raw compared to everything else. Chrome on a sunny days are uncomfortable and the other finishes start looking worn down. Sun is no issue now and I embrace the beat down look as it comes now lol, I hope it would rust more.

If your vokeys are getting old but grooves are good, I would try striping them and see if you like playing with raws before any purchase.

Posted:

WITB:

On -, @TIM929 said:

Whoa you had the MP- 63 since they released? Those irons were ahead of their time for sure, true mizuno butter soft impact.

PXG bag- Vessel manufactures them and I heard members having issues with staining and ripping of the leather with the white vessel bags, but I had my black PXG bag Maybee over 2 years without issue with the leather. I feel the quality might be different from PXG vs the vessel brand in material. I would go with black due to potential staining though.

The bag itself is just awesome! Very well designed and the 33” putter will not be an issue at all. I have a 33” as well and the putter cover slides in very nicely in the woods section or in the wedge section with 3 clubs plus my putter in both. The pocket placement is awesome and it just looks and feels like a high end bag compared to all the bags I’ve owned. Very light weight and the most comfortable stand bag when on the shoulders I’ve owned thus far.

Raw vokeys- all my vokeys weren’t raw at first, they were all striped. I wouldn’t pay extra for raw, I would just stripe them myself. It’s so easy.. The thread below is how I learned:

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1042473/vokey-sm5-removing-black-finish-down-to-raw-a-how-to-pic-heavy/p7

I really like the raw compared to everything else. Chrome on a sunny days are uncomfortable and the other finishes start looking worn down. Sun is no issue now and I embrace the beat down look as it comes now lol, I hope it would rust more.

If your vokeys are getting old but grooves are good, I would try striping them and see if you like playing with raws before any purchase.

I just got lucky and found a great deal from the BST section on those MP-63's. Nowadays I need a little help with distance and forgiveness with my irons. For almost 10 years I haven't done anything to my entire bag except new grips so its definitely time.

Your PXG bag looks like it has a good design and function regardless if it says PXG on it. But it would be cool since my irons are PXG now, lol. How cool would it be if more bags came with velour dividers? After all, how much more could it really be?

Nothing beats the raw look and glare from the sun does suck. I knew about coking them but never thought of using CLR. My Vokey's are oil can and probably the last version with non-conforming grooves. They have the red delta saw engraving. They're getting pretty dull. Its a shame the oil can finish is only available through Wedge Works for $200 ea. Around May of 2010 my buddy got P.U.D. pricing with Titleist so both Vokey's and a set of 710 AP2 3-PW was $764, unreal.

Posted:

Advertisement

On -, @makaveli said:

On -, @TIM929 said:

I just got lucky and found a great deal from the BST section on those MP-63's. Nowadays I need a little help with distance and forgiveness with my irons. For almost 10 years I haven't done anything to my entire bag except new grips so its definitely time.

Your PXG bag looks like it has a good design and function regardless if it says PXG on it. But it would be cool since my irons are PXG now, lol. How cool would it be if more bags came with velour dividers? After all, how much more could it really be?

Nothing beats the raw look and glare from the sun does suck. I knew about coking them but never thought of using CLR. My Vokey's are oil can and probably the last version with non-conforming grooves. They have the red delta saw engraving. They're getting pretty dull. Its a shame the oil can finish is only available through Wedge Works for $200 ea. Around May of 2010 my buddy got P.U.D. pricing with Titleist so both Vokey's and a set of 710 AP2 3-PW was $764, unreal.

Thank you for the bag compliment! yes, very good design and functional. I agree, Velour divider would be awesome and would elevate this bag most definitely.

Congrats on the MP-63s!! You bag sounds sweet, did you post a WITB?

Posted:

WITB:

On -, @TIM929 said:

Thank you for the bag compliment! yes, very good design and functional. I agree, Velour divider would be awesome and would elevate this bag most definitely.

Congrats on the MP-63s!! You bag sounds sweet, did you post a WITB?

I never did a linkable post like this but I had my sig or whatever its called setup before the site update. I really believe if a bag is over $150 no matter who makes it should use velour. Its not like it costs more. Maybe its not as durable? Either way I would go with velour every time, it seems nominal but its the best material for dividers.

Posted:

Just got some New Miura CBs 5-P to mess with. forgiveness is solid distance wise, but the feedback is crazy on these, it’s a different type of club. The workmanship is clearly visible. Looking forward to reshafting and putting in some range/ field work.

Posted:

WITB:
  • KeithFCardonaKeithFCardona Red Bank, NJMembers  68WRX Points: 28Handicap: 5Posts: 68 Bunkers

**** so minty

Posted:

WITB

PING G410PLUS w. Hzrdus Smoke Green 70g 6.5tx

3wood- Cally GBB Epic 15* w. Fuji Speeder 869 8.2 80G TX

2Iron- (for links and fun) TM P790 Hzrdus Black 80g 6.5x

Irons- TM P770 3-5, P750 6-9 DG TI 100X

Wedges- RTX4 45-50-54-58 DG TI S400

Putter- Betti Queen B8

Ball- TP5x

Made my decision, this is it till I’m a 7- 8 hcp.. then I’ll treat my self...

Posted:

WITB:

Advertisement

On -, @TIM929 said:

Bag looks dope as usual man! Sick setup! Good plan too!

Posted:
    WITB
  • ObeeObee ClubWRX  4187WRX Points: 1,057Handicap: +1Posts: 4,187 ClubWRX

You, sir, do not have NEARLY enough hybrids in your bag....

Posted:
    PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - S
    Callaway Rogue 15* 3W - Atmos Tour Spec Red - S
    Titleist 917 5-wood - Rogue Max 75 - S
    Titleist H1 23* Diamana S+ Blue 70hy
    Adams Idea Tech V4 5H 25* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY
    Adams Idea Tech V4 6H 28* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY
    Adams Idea Tech V4 7H 32* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY
    Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S
    Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
    Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46*
    Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50*
    Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56*
    PING Glide 3.0 Eye2 Gring 60*
    Odyssey Works Versa Tank 1W (bent to 76.5*)

On -, @Obee said:

Wow! You have 5 hybrids sir, how come you have so many?

I understand you're a super low hcp and compete locally here in So Cal at a pretty high level, you most likely bomb your drives past a lot of younger folks with control so I don't feel distance is the reason... curious to understand and would like to figure out if it could be applied to my game/ bag.

Posted:

WITB:

On -, @AG12 said:

On -, @TIM929 said:

Bag looks dope as usual man! Sick setup! Good plan too!

Thank you sir! Got to the point where there was no discipline in spending and this also gives me a goal/prize to reach for.

Posted:

WITB:
  • ObeeObee ClubWRX  4187WRX Points: 1,057Handicap: +1Posts: 4,187 ClubWRX

On -, @TIM929 said:

On -, @Obee said:

Wow! You have 5 hybrids sir, how come you have so many?

I understand you're a super low hcp and compete locally here in So Cal at a pretty high level, you most likely bomb your drives past a lot of younger folks with control so I don't feel distance is the reason... curious to understand and would like to figure out if it could be applied to my game/ bag.

I am actually a very short hitter, 245ish off the tee. I also prefer a "trappy" low-ball flight. That's the reason for all the hybrids. :-)

Posted:
    PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - S
    Callaway Rogue 15* 3W - Atmos Tour Spec Red - S
    Titleist 917 5-wood - Rogue Max 75 - S
    Titleist H1 23* Diamana S+ Blue 70hy
    Adams Idea Tech V4 5H 25* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY
    Adams Idea Tech V4 6H 28* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY
    Adams Idea Tech V4 7H 32* ProLaunch Blue 75 HY
    Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S
    Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
    Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46*
    Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50*
    Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56*
    PING Glide 3.0 Eye2 Gring 60*
    Odyssey Works Versa Tank 1W (bent to 76.5*)

Advertisement

tester

Posted:
    Post edited by TIM929 on

WITB:
    Posted:
    WITB

hope so! cant wait to hit it on the course tomorrow, raining but playing no matter what!

Posted:

WITB:

Keeping it trill

Posted:
    Post edited by TIM929 on

WITB:
    Posted:
    WITB

Advertisement

Thanks brother! One of those do you have a teryllium by any chance sir? One left.. SOLD! - Moments.

Posted:

WITB:
  • ykhwazykhwaz Members  114WRX Points: 42Posts: 114 Fairways

great setup!

Posted:

Few adjustments, here’s the 2020 group photo:

Posted:

WITB:
  • Rivertonpro1Rivertonpro1 Members  86WRX Points: 34Posts: 86 Fairways

Great setup!

Posted:
    Posted:

WITB:

Advertisement
  • wam78wam78 Members  757WRX Points: 240Handicap: NAPosts: 757 Golden Tee

Great looking bag! That T22 fastback looks awesome! Nice work.

Posted:
    Ts3 8.5* Fujikura Motore Speeder vc 6.2 
    Ts3 15* Diamana S+ LTD Blueboard 70s tipped .5"
    U500 2 Iron Hzrdus Smoke 6.5
    Bridgestone Tour B JGR h2 4i Modus 120s 
    Bridgestone Tour B X-CB 5-pw Modus 120s
    SM8 Raw 50F, 54S bent to 53, 58S Modus 125 Wedge
    Toulon Las Vegas  KBS CT Tour Matte, Iomic I-Classic Mid Black 
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

Thank you sir!

I’m a huge fastback(older models) fan, but the T22 is my favorite by far.

it was not a perfect fit at first and took a few months(and thankful I kept slowly tweaking the specs and didn’t give up) but I finalized my specs:

length: 34”

lie: 69

loft: 6.5

head weights: 20g

grip: Super stroke traxon with 50g counter weights.

the weights really changed everything and I’m finally dialed. Putters are so sensitive lol.

Posted:

WITB:

Things just got real

Posted:

WITB:

Advertisement
  • Rapatt95Rapatt95 wow Members  684WRX Points: 129Handicap: lolPosts: 684 Golden Tee

After you get a chance to try it out would you post about it’s accuracy/effectiveness? Seems like an interesting option at that price point

Posted:
    Ping G400lst 8.5->9.5 Aldila Tour Blue 65tx 
    Taylormade V-steel 15* Aldila Tour Blue 75x
    Cobra Rail-H 19* Aldila Tour Blue 75tx 
    Ben Hogan PTx 22* Aldila Proto VS 85x
    26*-34* C-Taper Lite 115x
    Ben Hogan Ft Worth 15 37*-45* C-Taper Lite 115x
    Vokey SM5 50* 54* 58* DG Wedge
    Ping 1959 B60

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.