Which grip BRAND ensures you grip the putter shaft "IN-LINE" with forearm ??

buntabunta Members Posts: 635 ✭✭
Is there a grip maker out that helps make sure you're gripping the putter grip in-line with the forearm ? or as straight as possible at least?

Is the P2 grip the only such grip, or is the P2 based on something completely different?

I need a grip that reminds me that i need to grip the shaft inline with the forearm.
TS3 9.5
G25 3W
J15 CB 4-PW
SM7 50/54/58

Comments

• MaximilianMaximilian Members Posts: 1,400 ✭✭
    I’d say the P2 is different, similar to the Forward grips in that they actually want to promote high hands at address in order to put the shaft inline with your forearms. High hands at address is something I believe in, but I don’t believe these grips will automatically get your forearms and shaft to line up if you don’t put the effort into it.

I think the Garsen Max and Edge grips (not as much his other grips) put your arms and shaft inline pretty automatically, but of course they will angle your arms and shoulders and this might not be something you feel comfortable with.

But honestly I think any grip that feels comfortable in your hands will do. It’s more a matter of making sure you get into the same setup and grip the putter the same way each time. I know you wanted a reminder, but maybe that doesn’t have to be the grip? Maybe a new fancy ball marker would remind you of this?
  • PixlPutterman PixlPutterman Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish) Members Posts: 8,276 ✭✭
    I love my P2 grip
    PXG 0811x 9° - HC EvenFlow Black 75x 
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120
    Wilson Staff FG62 - S300
    Cobra Tour Trusty 52°/56°/62°- S300
    Mizuno TP Mills TP7 
    RZN Platinum
  • OaksOaks Member of #TeamJetSpeed Ocean StateClubWRX Posts: 2,399 ClubWRX
    I love my P2 React
    M1 440 9.5* - ACCRA TZP Proto 265 M5      X2 Hot Pro - 15* Aldila Tour Green X     JetSpeed 19* w Matrix Hm95X 
    MP-63 3-PW - Project X 6.0      RTX4  54.10 & 60.09 - DG TI S400     Toulon Portland    Titleist  2016 Ultralight
    #TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013
  • buntabunta Members Posts: 635 ✭✭
    Maximilian wrote:

I'd say the P2 is different, similar to the Forward grips in that they actually want to promote high hands at address in order to put the shaft inline with your forearms. High hands at address is something I believe in, but I don't believe these grips will automatically get your forearms and shaft to line up if you don't put the effort into it.

I think the Garsen Max and Edge grips (not as much his other grips) put your arms and shaft inline pretty automatically, but of course they will angle your arms and shoulders and this might not be something you feel comfortable with.

But honestly I think any grip that feels comfortable in your hands will do. It's more a matter of making sure you get into the same setup and grip the putter the same way each time. I know you wanted a reminder, but maybe that doesn't have to be the grip? Maybe a new fancy ball marker would remind you of this?

ill check out the Garsen and Edge grips. thanks!

I love my P2 grip

Oaks wrote:

I love my P2 React

So do the P2's help line up the shaft to forearms ?
    TS3 9.5
    G25 3W
    J15 CB 4-PW
    SM7 50/54/58

• PixlPutterman PixlPutterman Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish) Members Posts: 8,276 ✭✭
    They do for me. I have the Aware model and like it
    PXG 0811x 9° - HC EvenFlow Black 75x 
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125
    Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120
    Wilson Staff FG62 - S300
    Cobra Tour Trusty 52°/56°/62°- S300
    Mizuno TP Mills TP7 
    RZN Platinum