Club champion fitting

Has anyone tried club champion for fitting junior golfers? My son is 10 and has a pretty consistent swing. Typically shoots 5-6 over par from the ladies tees (5300-5500) yards.

M1 Tour AD GP 6s
Bio Cell+ 3 W Red Tie
Adams OS 3 4 Hybrid
Mizuno MP H5 5 - PW
Miura Tournament 50 55 60
Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Comments

• leezer99leezer99 I swear I am quitting this site every day... Members Posts: 1,033 ✭✭

Not Club Champion but we've been to Cool Clubs with great results. I think the results and experience are more dependent on your fitter than the name on the building though.

There's definitely something more important that I should be doing.

• thekingsollythekingsolly Members Posts: 164 ✭✭

I will look them up, I live in richmond VA so will probably have to drive. The driver is the one I am really curious about.

M1 Tour AD GP 6s
    Bio Cell+ 3 W Red Tie
    Adams OS 3 4 Hybrid
    Mizuno MP H5 5 - PW
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • yellowlover519yellowlover519 Members Posts: 299 ✭✭

Haven’t done a fitting, but have gotten clubs built/altered and have had good experiences. They will also bend lies on hybrids/woods but they have to send to their headquarters in Chicago. How do you guys address lie issues with hybrid and woods with major OEMs? I heard Ping and Titleist have flatter settings. TM is way too upright (low hooks happen way too often).

• tiger1873tiger1873 Members Posts: 1,043 ✭✭
    edited Apr 24, 2019 1:31pm #5

Something I realized is kids grow a lot. What that means is even a great club fitting is going to be out of spec after a couple months. When kids hit their growth spurts club fitting I think is more of an art than science. I wouldn't pay for a fitting unless you totally have no clue what you need or don't have another option nearby. You can probably get the same thing at Demo Day or a large retailer that can fit petite women for free. If you belong to a club or frequent a course with a decent pro shop they might have stuff you can demo as well.

If I did feel the need for a fitter I would make sure they understand how to fit kids which is not that easy to find.

I personally would just fit to US kids sizes and then adjust the lie on irons as needed.

I agree with Tiger1873. I am only looking to get a driver fitting done. He has a rogue with a F2 aerotech shaft + one of my friends let it slip he got fitted so now my kid wants to :-) . Its only 80$ for a 1.5 hr fitting. Will post a review after the 5/4.

M1 Tour AD GP 6s
    Bio Cell+ 3 W Red Tie
    Adams OS 3 4 Hybrid
    Mizuno MP H5 5 - PW
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • heavy_hitterheavy_hitter Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭

@yellowlover519 said:
    Haven’t done a fitting, but have gotten clubs built/altered and have had good experiences. They will also bend lies on hybrids/woods but they have to send to their headquarters in Chicago. How do you guys address lie issues with hybrid and woods with major OEMs? I heard Ping and Titleist have flatter settings. TM is way too upright (low hooks happen way too often).

Taylormade Hybrids scared my kid away from ever using them because he would snap hook the mess out of them.

we have adams idea got them at a fire sale at rockbottomgolf. He loves them.

M1 Tour AD GP 6s
    Bio Cell+ 3 W Red Tie
    Adams OS 3 4 Hybrid
    Mizuno MP H5 5 - PW
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2