Bethpage viewing advice

bburleigh0625 ·  
bburleigh0625bburleigh0625 New York 30WRX Points: 30Handicap: 8Members Posts: 30 Bunkers

I'll be attending Round 1 of the PGA Championship next Thursday at Bethpage. Anyone have any suggestions on the best areas to post up to catch the action??

Posted:

Comments

• ButterCutter2ButterCutter2 NYC 340WRX Points: 96Handicap: 4Members Posts: 340 Greens

there's a nice intersection where you can see 9 green, 10 tee, 12 tee and 7th fairway shot into the green. another would be behind the 6th tee, youre near the 12th fairway into the green. its a big ballpark with a number of isolated holes, so those are my 2 best suggestions

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • bburleigh0625bburleigh0625 New York 30WRX Points: 30Handicap: 8Members Posts: 30 Bunkers

Great, thanks!

Posted:
  • Ty_WebbTy_Webb New York 3206WRX Points: 410Handicap: +0.9Members Posts: 3,206 Titanium Tees

Also, 15 tee, 16 green, 17 tee and 1 green are pretty close to each other. At the Barclays in 2012 I followed Tiger to the 7th fairway and then hung out behind 10 tee and 12 green. Then followed Oosthuizen and Westwood. Went from seeing maybe every fourth shot with Tiger to being one of maybe four people following Westwood and Oosthuizen.

Posted:
    Ping G400 LST 9° Diamana white 63x
    Ping G410 LST 3 wood Diamana Thump
    Taylor Made UDI 2 iron Diamana Tensei white 90TX
    Titleist 714CB 3, 4
    Titleist 714MB 5-PW
    Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 52 and 56 WS
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2
  • bburleigh0625bburleigh0625 New York 30WRX Points: 30Handicap: 8Members Posts: 30 Bunkers

That's awesome, I want to watch Tiger for a few holes but definitely plan to try to find areas where I can just watch the field come through. Thanks for the advice!

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.