*** 11/16/2019 Attention GolfWRX community. If you had to reset your forum password, please see info below. ***

GolfWRX was informed of a potential issue and in an effort to be proactive, Passwords were reset to users potentially effected. If you were among these users and have any issues resetting your password, please email [email protected] We're sorry for any inconvenience.

WRX Spotlight: Air Jordan ADG golf shoes

BAlberstadt ·  
BAlberstadtBAlberstadt GolfWRX Staff WriterUnited States 155Marshals, Media Staffer Posts: 155

Product: Air Jordan ADG golf shoes

Pitch: Via Jordan: "Jump up the leaderboard in the Nike Men’s Air Jordan ADG Golf Shoes. Famed for its incredible comfort and lightweight feel, the ADG features a Zoom Air unit for responsive cushioning and an integrated lacing system for a secure, supportive fit. The Integrated Traction pattern offers you enhanced grip on every terrain and the signature Jumpman logos give you extra style on the course."

Our take on Air Jordan ADG golf shoes

Confined to the feet of Keegan Bradley for years, the iconic sneaker brand seems to have proof of concept in the golf space, as evidenced by the growing roster of tour players (Pat Perez, Harold Varner III), and numerous retail offerings.

We got to test one of said retail offerings: the just-released spikeless Air Jordan ADG. Now, the Jordan style may not be for every golfer (can't imagine them catching on in Tuesday morning senior leagues across the nation), but if you like the look of Js on the court or street, you'll love the look of these. Indeed, you'll probably love the look of all Jordan offerings for the fairway, as the company has done an excellent job of bringing its aesthetic to golf, rather than the opposite (if that makes sense...tacking the Jumpman logo on a pair of saddle shoes was never going to work).

Read more.

(additional imagery c/o Jordan)

Posted:

Comments

• viperstudioviperstudio  1654Members Posts: 1,654

I loved the shoe, i have the 3 colorway. Very comfy, remind me of my NRG AM 90 IT, the white university red and the white dark concord look very good when wearing short, the black look good in pants.

Posted:
    TI M2 (2016) 8.5° AD-GP 6x (backup Adams Fast 12 LS 7.5°)
    TI M2 (2016) 13° TS AD-GP 7x
    TI P790 #1 UDI 14° KBS Tour Hybrid Graphite Prototype 95X (backup TI RSi TP UDI #1 16° MRC Kuro Kage Silver 90HY TX)
    TI TM P790 3-PW NS Pro Prototype 2F15 X-Stiff
    TI TM Milled GRIND 52° & 59° KBS Tour Nickel Black X-Stiff
    TI Bullseye Tour Putter
    KSIG/PROv1x
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • jmkenn0jmkenn0  762Members Posts: 762

Were different colors on the bottom an option? Why do some pictures look yellowish and the others bluish?

Posted:
  • bdawg983bdawg983 The Granite State 355Members Posts: 355

Wish the tongues were leather and not mesh like the rest of the shoe

Posted:
    In the bag, at the moment:

Ping G400 SFT 12* Fujikura Pro Green Limited Edition Stiff
    Nike Vapor Fly 3 HL Aldila NV 85 Stiff set at 17*
    Ping G410 22* hybrid Ping Tour 85 Stiff set at 21*
    Callaway Apex UT 24* KBS Tour C-Taper Stiff
    Nike VR Pro Combo 5-PW Project X 5.5 shafts
    Titleist Vokey Spin Milled '09 Oil Can 52*, 56*, 62* Project X 5.5 shafts
    Odyssey White Hot Pro #3
    Nike Sportlite II carry bag, olive/camo

• niscur24niscur24  1508Members Posts: 1,508

Nike/Jordan hurting on ADG sales? WRX getting shill money to promote Jordan’s now? Shoes have been out since March and they use pre-production (clear/yellow soles) and retail shoes (blue soles) in the photos? No mention of the 3rd colorway? No HV3 on tour shots? No mention of being based on the zoom IT90? No mention of sizing being 1/2 larger based on other J/nike shoes? Heck golfposer had a better write up back in early March!

Shoes are great as I have white and black but yeeesh this post is 2 months late and weak!

Posted:
    DRIVER: G400 Ahina 70 or Cobra F8+ Rogue Silver 70
    FAIRWAY: G410 14.5 Evenflow 85 or Cobra F8+ 3/4 & 5/6 Tour Blue 85
    HYBRIDS: G Hybrid 17/22 Tour 90 or Cobra F9 4H PX6.5
    IRONS: I210 5-PW LZ 6.0 or Cobra Tour Forged 5-Pw KBS Flighted 125
    WEDGES: Stealth 2.0 50/54/58 LZ 6.0 or Nike Vr Forged 50/54/58 DG
    PUTTER: Some form of a Scotty or Betti
    WITB:http://www.golfwrx.c...date-nike-time/

• birdie30birdie30  21Members Posts: 21

I have a pair of jordan 11's that i wear. Get lots of compliments.

Posted:
  • fpyle3fpyle3 Pennsylvania 133Members Posts: 133

@niscur24 said:
    Nike/Jordan hurting on ADG sales? WRX getting shill money to promote Jordan’s now? Shoes have been out since March and they use pre-production (clear/yellow soles) and retail shoes (blue soles) in the photos? No mention of the 3rd colorway? No HV3 on tour shots? No mention of being based on the zoom IT90? No mention of sizing being 1/2 larger based on other J/nike shoes? Heck golfposer had a better write up back in early March!

Shoes are great as I have white and black but yeeesh this post is 2 months late and weak!

You are absolutely right about sizing in these, for anyone interested. Typically between 11.5/12 in most brands (45 in Ecco), and the size 12 ADG shoes I ordered were enormous. Look nice but had to send back.

Posted:
    Driver: TM M3 9.5*, Graphite Design Tour AD GP-6X
    Fairway Wood/b]: TM M3 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD MT-7X
    Utility: TM UDI 17*, Hzrdus Black 6.5 
    3/4 Iron: Callaway X-Forged UT 21*, Nippon Modus 120X
    5-6: Callaway Apex Pro, Nippon Modus 120X 
    7-8: Callaway Apex Pro Dot, Nippon Modus 120X
    9, PW, GW: Callaway Apex MB, Nippon Modus 120X
    Sand/Lob: TM Hi-Toe 56* and 60*, KBS $-Taper 120
    Putter: Toulon Las Vegas, Stroke Lab 
    Ball: Titleist ProV1, Titleist AVX

Leave a Comment