Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

A small victory, but it made my day

andrueandrue Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Medal comp today. Overall an okay competition score for me - net 73 from gross 95. At least my handicap is unchanged and I didn't suffer a swing collapse part way round. Just had a couple of blow up holes. So for me that's a good competition day.

But one thing really brightened up my day. Nearly getting GIR on the uphill, 430 yard SI 1 and then getting a par with a chip and a putt. I've only once before got a par on that hole and that was a couple of years ago off the standard tees. To get it off the competition tees is awesome. Gonna be smiling about that all week.

Nett eagle :)

Callaway Rogue Driver.
Callaway Big Bertha OS Hybrids (3/4/5)
Callaway Big Bertha OS Irons (6/7/8/9/PW/AW/SW)
Callaway 60* Sureout wedge
Callaway 64* Sureout wedge
Ghost Spider Si 72 Putter
Callaway Super Soft Yellow (White in winter).

Comments

• Twin2LTwin2L Members Posts: 130 ✭✭✭

Congrats on the net 73 and your success on your nemesis hole. Sounds like it was a good day.

It matters not what others call you. Only what you answer to defines who you are.
  • SNIPERBBBSNIPERBBB Hit Ball Hard SE OhioMembers Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Now your goal should be to birdie that hole :P

2016 M1 9.5 tuned to 7.5
    TM r15 3 wood
    Adams Idea Pro 2h/4h
    Mizuno JPX 900 HM 5-PW
    Vokey SM7 48* F Grind
    Vokey SM7 54* F Grind
    Vokey SM7 58* M Grind
  • andrueandrue Members Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Aug 18, 2019 6:56pm #4

Didn't birdie but got par again watched by my mate. Only the yellow tees this time but that's only ten yards shorter. This time my second shot ended up just shy of the green side bunker but I chipped over it and the ball stopped a yard from the hole.

I'm really loving the improvements I've made to my chipping over the last couple of months. It's a whole new feeling. Instead of wondering if I'll make it onto the green I'm expecting an up and down. I wasn't the slightest bit bothered about that chip :)

Callaway Rogue Driver.
    Callaway Big Bertha OS Hybrids (3/4/5)
    Callaway Big Bertha OS Irons (6/7/8/9/PW/AW/SW)
    Callaway 60* Sureout wedge
    Callaway 64* Sureout wedge
    Ghost Spider Si 72 Putter
    Callaway Super Soft Yellow (White in winter).
  • buckets on bucketsbuckets on buckets Members Posts: 76 ✭✭✭

Congrats on the medalist honors. Your handicap will go way down it sounds with the way you’re chipping is going! Good luck!

• tonypizzletonypizzle Members Posts: 77 ✭✭✭

congrats man. i think we all know how golf can be sometimes and taking the small victories when you can is important in staying positive. great playing on your net 73 as well.

• eleven bravoeleven bravo Members Posts: 44 ✭✭

That’s awesome. Congratulations. I like your outlook. I try for a similar approach to the game. I always look for the small victories. Thanks for sharing.

• North ButteNorth Butte Members Posts: 11,520 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

If it weren't for small victories, life wouldn't be worth living. Golf doubly so.

Nice up and down, there.

“1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file