***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Srixon Z965s - Anyone Gaming These??

petep1980 ·  
petep1980petep1980 Members  70WRX Points: 42Posts: 70 Bunkers

So in a rather round-about way this summer I ended up with a set of Srixon Z965s. I haven't hit them yet on the course, only at the range, but I am interested if anyone is gaming or has gamed these irons? At the range I noticed they do not go as far as the Z745s do, but holy heck do they spin. I also don't believe I saw Srixon release a 985 this year, which makes me wonder if the 9 series has been discontinued. This only makes the 965s cooler in my opinion.

I am curious if anyone plays these on a regular basis, and if so how do you like them? They just have such a classic look to them and I can't tell if I love how they look or if I hate how they look.

Posted:

Comments

• TigerInTheWoodsTigerInTheWoods Members  2718WRX Points: 1,757Handicap: 3Posts: 2,718 Titanium Tees

They’re known to be lower spinning than many blades. They were replaced by the Z Forged this year. Srixon makes great irons.

Posted:

▪️ Ping G410 LST 9* PX Hzrdus Yellow 63g 6.5X

▪️ Taylormade Sim Max 15* Aldila Rogue 70x

▪️ Titleist 818 H1 @18* PX Hzrdus HC Black 85g

▪️ Miura CB-57 4-7, Miura MB-001 8-PW Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

▪️ Vokey Forged 52F 56M | Vokey TVD 56M 58K 60K | Taylormade Hi-Toe 60ATV | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 (Change based on bag and course)

▪️ Byron Morgan DH89 34.75" Custom

▪️ Titleist Pro V1X | Srixon Z-Star XV | Taylormade TP5X

▪️ Ping Hoofer

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • dmeeksDCdmeeksDC ClubWRX  3114WRX Points: 533Handicap: 7.6Posts: 3,114 ClubWRX

I gamed them. Fantastic irons. Easiest muscleback to hit that I ever had. I hit them consistently better and a few yards longer than the 765. More metal behind the impact area and I liked the sole more on the 965. A little larger profile than most blades, which also helps. I also got great spin with the 965. There is no 985, the replacement for 965 would be the Z Forged, but I like the 965 more. They’re very playable. Take ‘em to the course!

Posted:
    Ping G30 SFT driver, 10 degree, Oban Kiyoshi HB 75 stiff
    Cobra F9 Speedback, 14.5 degree, Fujikura Atmos Blue 7S
    Callaway Epic Flash, 17 degree, HzRDUS Smoke 70 stiff
    Callaway Rogue, 21 degree, Diamana BF 80 stiff
    TaylorMade GAPR Hi 24, KBS TGI 80 stiff

Srixon z765 (5-7(, z965 (8-P) Fujikura 95i TS stiff
    Callaway MD4 50 S grind, 54 W grind
    Ben Hogan Ft. Worth TK 58
    Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line putter w/Pure grip
  • JJK947JJK947 Southeastern ConnecticutMembers  3243WRX Points: 271Posts: 3,243 Titanium Tees

Playing the 945's and just bought a backup set. The 945/965 will spin more and fly shorter than the 745/765 due to slightly weaker lofts in most of the clubs. Soles are also much narrower so there's a difference in turf interaction. Z forged is the direct replacement.

Posted:

Taylormade SIM (9) - Tensei Pro Orange 60
    Taylormade M3 T3 (14) - Tensei Pro Orange 70
    Taylormade M3 5W (19) - Tensei Pro Orange 80
    Srixon Z945 3-PW - DG Tour X100
    Taylormade MG2 52.09 - DG Tour X100
    Taylormade MG2 60.08 - DG Tour S400
    Scotty Cameron Studio Style NP2

• Double DodgerDouble Dodger Members  199WRX Points: 104Posts: 199 Fairways

I play a mixed set with a 965 A wedge. Probably my favorite club in the set. And I absolutely love the set.

Posted:
  • Man_O_WarMan_O_War Members  3736WRX Points: 725Posts: 3,736 Titanium Tees

On -, @dmeeksDC said:

I gamed them. Fantastic irons. Easiest muscleback to hit that I ever had. I hit them consistently better and a few yards longer than the 765. More metal behind the impact area and I liked the sole more on the 965. A little larger profile than most blades, which also helps. I also got great spin with the 965. There is no 985, the replacement for 965 would be the Z Forged, but I like the 965 more. They’re very playable. Take ‘em to the course!

totally agree. I gamed them for 2 years. They were awesome. Looking for another set soon

Posted:
    SIM 10.5 Ozik F6M2/Ozik TP6HD
    Cobra LTD PRO 
    EVO III FUJI/ Graffaloy Blue
    Cobra F9 Avalanche 3/4 Atmos 7
    Cobra F9 Avalanche 5/6 Atmos 7
    Adams XTD TI Hybrid 21-23*
    Ping iBlade 3-pw DG XP S300/Original Nike Blades 3-PW s300
    RTX 3.0 50, 54, 58 Modus 120
    SC Newport 2.6
    TM Spider DJ Sightline Black Tour Spider 

• dmeeksDCdmeeksDC ClubWRX  3114WRX Points: 533Handicap: 7.6Posts: 3,114 ClubWRX

On -, @Double Dodger said:

I play a mixed set with a 965 A wedge. Probably my favorite club in the set. And I absolutely love the set.

The 965 gap wedge is one of the prettiest clubs. Looks really elegant.

Posted:
    Ping G30 SFT driver, 10 degree, Oban Kiyoshi HB 75 stiff
    Cobra F9 Speedback, 14.5 degree, Fujikura Atmos Blue 7S
    Callaway Epic Flash, 17 degree, HzRDUS Smoke 70 stiff
    Callaway Rogue, 21 degree, Diamana BF 80 stiff
    TaylorMade GAPR Hi 24, KBS TGI 80 stiff

Srixon z765 (5-7(, z965 (8-P) Fujikura 95i TS stiff
    Callaway MD4 50 S grind, 54 W grind
    Ben Hogan Ft. Worth TK 58
    Odyssey Stroke Lab V-Line putter w/Pure grip
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • petep1980petep1980 Members  70WRX Points: 42Posts: 70 Bunkers

On -, @dmeeksDC said:

On -, @Double Dodger said:

The 965 gap wedge is one of the prettiest clubs. Looks really elegant.

Where the heck did you find a 965 gap wedge?

Anyway, I am gaming the 965s, 5 iron to PW tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes.

Posted:
  • IsaundersIsaunders Carstairs, ABMembers  78WRX Points: 44Handicap: 3Posts: 78 Fairways

I would have if they were left handed

Posted:
  • scottyc15scottyc15 HoustonMembers  109WRX Points: 107Handicap: +3Posts: 109 Fairways

I gamed them for 2 years and had similar experiences to the responses above. Fantastic irons!

Posted:
  • theadvocate_ivantheadvocate_ivan Members  444WRX Points: 78Handicap: +2Posts: 444 Greens

I had these for 3 months, went back to my 945. I am still gaming my 945.

Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash Subzero Triple Diamond 10.5 down to 9.5 Diamana DF 60X
    Callaway Epic Flash Subzero 15* Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana BF 70X
    Titleist 818 H2 19* Tour AD DI 85X
    Epon AF301 4-PW Modus 105X
    Titleist Vokey cold Forged 54*
    Titleist Vokey K Grind 58* low bounce
    Bettinardi BB8 DASS RJB8158
  • petep1980petep1980 Members  70WRX Points: 42Posts: 70 Bunkers

I gamed them yesterday. I was an all around mess, but PW to 7 were solid, but 4/5 were awful. I loved the thin soles, but I think I'm back to the 745s until I wear them out.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.