2020 PGA Merchandise Show Coverage.... Here.

Top Flite Gamer Urethane

Houstonhacker ·  
HoustonhackerHoustonhacker  91WRX Points: 62Handicap: 14Members, Lefty Boomers Posts: 91

A friend was talking up this ball, at the same time as a smokin' Black Friday deal popped up. I'm now the proud owner of 48 of them. Initial deployment under combat conditions is this weekend. As a mid-handicapper I'm not a golf ball snob, but I found myself looking down at Top Flite as something you'd find at Walmart. Are these balls as good as my friend says they are?

Posted:

Comments

• SubaruWRXSubaruWRX  3703WRX Points: 472Members Posts: 3,703

I found they don’t go quite as far as other premium golf balls. They didn’t have as much green side spin either. Not bad for the price though. I picked some up to hit in my home practice setup. They had an online special one day that was 60% off of the $14.99 price. Picked them up for $5.99/doz in store.

Posted:
    “I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from **** is a very solid way to choose clubs.” - bluedot
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • HoustonhackerHoustonhacker  91WRX Points: 62Handicap: 14Members, Lefty Boomers Posts: 91

That's pretty much why I ended up with 48. I'm not clear on what the deal is with urethane, but at my skill level, balls just need to be round.

Posted:
  • CwingCwing #TaylorMade TwistFace Experience 2018 Go Big Blue!!! 8x Champs. Who Dey !!! Go Bengals, 8284WRX Points: 304Handicap: 12.1Members Posts: 8,284

Decent winter ball. Unless something g had changed, durability is an issue as the cover shreds pretty easily.

Posted:
    TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos 44.5”
    TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
    PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    Cleveland RTX 58*
    Seemore si5
    Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.