TaylorMade Tour Burner TP Irons release

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New burner TP's look like R7 TP relacements. I am sure they will get plenty of play from tour staff like the R7 TP's did even though they are nowhere near TP std. Are TM going to drop the forged MB? I assume the smoke finish is only to prolong their lifetime a bit?

The new TP forged (available in Europe and Japan) is only a re-hashed RAC TP forged with a wider LT type sole and revised graphics. I do not know what the fuss is about with them as they are not a good as the RAC TP forged from 05.

i just bought a set of the tour burner (not tps) with the project x shafts, i am so excited i cant wait for them to get here.

I have the Tour Burners with PX 5.5 and they are awesome. Don't blame you for being excited, great irons they are. PX shaft I love, many top Tour players using it, I now know why.

The TP's look nice though, maybe wishing I'd waited for these.

Have fun with your new Tour Burners!

I hit them today...i have to be totally honest...not for me. I play x forged and they blow these things away. I was spinning them way to much. The feel was great,very soft, but they spun a lot. I was 4.5 yards longer with x forged and 6 yards longer with the TP MB smokes. They come stock w/ DG S300's.

9/15 on the irons.

hit the limited driver too...that was THE BOMB. I fell in love with it right away. Very long. Nice and square at address. I think that will be very popular.

I hit them today...i have to be totally honest...not for me. I play x forged and they blow these things away. I was spinning them way to much. The feel was great,very soft, but they spun a lot. I was 4.5 yards longer with x forged and 6 yards longer with the TP MB smokes. They come stock w/ DG S300's.

9/15 on the irons.

hit the limited driver too...that was THE BOMB. I fell in love with it right away. Very long. Nice and square at address. I think that will be very popular.

Sounds like Project X shafts would be great in the TP's to reduce the spin and increase distance. A bit of a surprise the stock shaft is DG S300 for such a premium club.

9/15 on the irons.

Sounds like Project X shafts would be great in the TP's to reduce the spin and increase distance. A bit of a surprise the stock shaft is DG S300 for such a premium club.

Uhh :)

What makes a shaft that has withstood the test of time, continues to lead counts by a large amount, a surprise....please explain.

9/15 on the irons.

What makes a shaft that has withstood the test of time, continues to lead counts by a large amount, a surprise....please explain.

Well for one the DG is technology that is 30 years or more old. I was playing these in 1978, not just in my irons but woods also. For such a cutting edge technology iron, one would think TM would go for something a bit more updated.

CPCfitter's own X-Forged come stock with Project X , although it looks like he's playing KB Tours, another new high tech shaft that's getting a lot of notariety.

Many of the top PGA Tour Pros are switching to these, notably Tiger, Phil, Sergio, and many others. That alone would make me think of them as a premium shaft.

You can order the TP's with Project X from Taylormade, but there is an UPCHARGE of about $8-$10 per club. So according to Taylormade, Project X is a premium shaft. For as much as they are asking for the TP's, I just think you shouldn't have to pay more for a premium shaft.

I somewhat agree that the price point of $899 retail for 3-PW is a bit high with TTDG shafts considering there are comparable sets with stock PX shafts for the same cost or less. I was told by my local shop that the KBS Tour shafts will be offered as an option beginning February 2009. Since I can't get the KBS Tours installed by TM, I'm ordering these irons with the DGX100 and will immediately replace them with a new set of KBS Tour shafts. It might cost a bit more to do it this way, but a club ho can't wait until February, especially considering my prime golf season is right around the corner (I live in Florida)!

Kevin

9/15 on the irons.

Well for one the DG is technology that is 30 years or more old. I was playing these in 1978, not just in my irons but woods also. For such a cutting edge technology iron, one would think TM would go for something a bit more updated.

CPCfitter's own X-Forged come stock with Project X , although it looks like he's playing KB Tours, another new high tech shaft that's getting a lot of notariety.

Many of the top PGA Tour Pros are switching to these, notably Tiger, Phil, Sergio, and many others. That alone would make me think of them as a premium shaft.

You can order the TP's with Project X from Taylormade, but there is an UPCHARGE of about $8-$10 per club. So according to Taylormade, Project X is a premium shaft. For as much as they are asking for the TP's, I just think you shouldn't have to pay more for a premium shaft.

I have DG S300 in my irons, Its not the shaft, I had no feel in the head. Now I can be wrong but I certainly didnt like the head / shaft combo. I was a little surprised with thats stock, I was hoping a Project X flighted or an NS Pro shaft in them. I mean why not.

I just got my X forged reshafted with KBS Tour, Will get to play with them next week.

The new TP forged (available in Europe and Japan) is only a re-hashed RAC TP forged with a wider LT type sole and revised graphics. I do not know what the fuss is about with them as they are not a good as the RAC TP forged from 05.

Really? I guess people like the TP Forged because it looks good in the bag hahahahaha.

Yes, The newest burner that encompasses superfast tech of the 07 model with the dual crown tech of the tour Burner of 08 is hitting the stores on October 1st, 08

The Tp Burner Irons are hitting the stores on September 19th,08; The Burner Plus Irons are also hitting the stores on September 19th, 08.!!!!!

Enjoy, the inside scoope:))))

I work at a Local golf retail store that I will keep nameless; but the memo I recieved today about the new Taylormade products. Claims that they be here for the grand revealing of each product on these dates above..... So we will have them the week before each date....!!!!

9/15 on the irons.

Uhh :rolleyes:

You kill your credibility when you make this statement.

70% of the players on tour are still playing Dynamic Gold.

Phil and Sergio have moved to PX, but Tiger is still an X-100 player.

As for the top ten players on the 2008 Money List

1) Woods - Dynamic Gold

2) Singh - Scandium

3) Mickelson - PX

4) Perry - KB

5) Harrington - Dynamic Gold

6) Kim - Dynamic Gold

7) Cink - Dynamic Gold

8) Garcia - PX

9) Leonard - Dynamic Gold

10) Ogilvy - Dynamic Gold

Wouldn't the shaft with the highest percentage of player's be perceived as the more "premium" shaft, regardless of age? Or are you basing "premium" on price, rather than percentage of the market?

WITB

Ping G430 Max 9.0 degree Diamana ZF 60 Stiff

Ping G430 Max 3 wood 15 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Ping G430 Max 5 wood 18 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Mizuno Pro 243  4 - G Modus 120 Stiff

Titleist Vokey SM9  56-14F, 60-10S

Scotty Cameron Super Select Del Mar

Titleist Pro V1 / Pro V1X

9/15 on the irons.

Uhh :birthday:

This was a pretty lame reply, sorry, but it is. Tiger = X100's by-the-way.

The reason I say that is, if a shaft has survived for that long, wouldn't that mean it's really good?!? In my world, longevity means it works....

But anyways, you install your PX's or KB Tour's...........both of which I have by-the-way and are fine shafts in their own right, and be happy with them, nobody said you have to play Dynamic Gold's. Nobody said 70% of the PGA Tour has to play them either....but they do :rolleyes:

9/15 on the irons.

Uhh :drinks:

The reason I say that is, if a shaft has survived for that long, wouldn't that mean it's really good?!? In my world, longevity means it works....

But anyways, you install your PX's or KB Tour's...........both of which I have by-the-way and are fine shafts in their own right, and be happy with them, nobody said you have to play Dynamic Gold's. Nobody said 70% of the PGA Tour has to play them either....but they do :rolleyes:

Sorry for the misinfo on Tiger, I could've sworn I saw him playing Project X. Although I don't have the stats , I swear I'm seeing more and more Project X shafts each week in PGA Tour events. If Phil and Sergio, two of the best ball strikers in the world have switched to them, they are undeniably premium shafts.

But if what your saying is DG is more of a premium shaft than PX, it makes sense that if I order a set of TP's with from Taylormade with Project X instead of the stock DG's, I should get a discount for the "downgrade". That's great news, can't wait for that to happen. :birthday:

Getting back to my original thought though, I still think Project X would be a good match "for me" in the TP's by lowering spin and ball flight compared to the stock DG's. But I'll still have to pay more to get the shaft I want. The fact that TM charges more for PX means they think its an upgrade also, pretty simple.

And yes I know that most tour players are still using DG, but I think many are also making the switch to PX or KB Tour as well.

9/15 on the irons.

Sorry for the misinfo on Tiger, I could've sworn I saw him playing Project X. Although I don't have the stats , I swear I'm seeing more and more Project X shafts each week in PGA Tour events. If Phil and Sergio, two of the best ball strikers in the world have switched to them, they are undeniably premium shafts.

But if what your saying is DG is more of a premium shaft than PX, it makes sense that if I order a set of TP's with from Taylormade with Project X instead of the stock DG's, I should get a discount for the "downgrade". That's great news, can't wait for that to happen. :birthday:

Getting back to my original thought though, I still think Project X would be a good match "for me" in the TP's by lowering spin and ball flight compared to the stock DG's. But I'll still have to pay more to get the shaft I want. The fact that TM charges more for PX means they think its an upgrade also, pretty simple.

And yes I know that most tour players are still using DG, but I think many are also making the switch to PX or KB Tour as well.

Evcen worse than your first post!!

The fact that TM charges more for PX over DG means that they determined that DG was the stock shaft, bought tens of thousands of these shafts from DG (thus a lower price), and pre-manufactured some product.

They bought less of the PX in bulk (thus higher costs) and may in fact custom assemble clubs with this shaft when ordered.

"If Phil and Sergio switched...." they must be premium?? Since Tiger is better than the two of them, using your thought process, the DG must be even more premium!!! It must be SUPER PREMIUM, or maybe WORLD NUMBER ONE PREMIUM!!

If a PX will help YOUR game, then go use it. But don't try to justify the move with inaccurate information.

WITB

Ping G430 Max 9.0 degree Diamana ZF 60 Stiff

Ping G430 Max 3 wood 15 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Ping G430 Max 5 wood 18 degree Alta CB Black Stiff

Mizuno Pro 243  4 - G Modus 120 Stiff

Titleist Vokey SM9  56-14F, 60-10S

Scotty Cameron Super Select Del Mar

Titleist Pro V1 / Pro V1X

9/15 on the irons.

Evcen worse than your first post!!

The fact that TM charges more for PX over DG means that they determined that DG was the stock shaft, bought tens of thousands of these shafts from DG (thus a lower price), and pre-manufactured some product.

They bought less of the PX in bulk (thus higher costs) and may in fact custom assemble clubs with this shaft when ordered.

"If Phil and Sergio switched...." they must be premium?? Since Tiger is better than the two of them, using your thought process, the DG must be even more premium!!! It must be SUPER PREMIUM, or maybe WORLD NUMBER ONE PREMIUM!!

If a PX will help YOUR game, then go use it. But don't try to justify the move with inaccurate information.

Sorry your Economics is very lame.

There are many reasons for like products to have different prices besides simple economies of scale. There are varying manufacturing costs, advertising costs, differing material costs, R&D (doubt DG has spent much here lately).

Let me give you a simple example. Suppose you bought a thousand Diamana Whiteboards versus a hundred Graffaloy Pro Launch Reds. Guaranteed the price per shaft of the Whiteboards will still be much higher even though you bought many more. Why, all of the reasons above and more I'm sure.

In my original comment I did not mean to suggest that PX is a better shaft than DG. And for sure I wasn't aware the DG police would get so riled up. Probably "preminum" regarding PX was the wrong word to use. I should have said "innovative" or "high tech", even "trendy".

The TP irons are Taylormade's highest tech offering yet for the better player. The profile of the buyer for these in my eye is someone looking for the latest in technonlogy in both the head and the shaft, not a mixture of new and old. I think it's a bad marketing decision, that's all.

i find it interesting how tour products are so much more expensive. the tour burners are 300 and the tp is like 600??? the tp irons are almost twice as expensive also. It costs them the same to make both products. why the extreme price? because people will pay it.

Will Peoples

Peoples.golf
The Peoples Clubs
Tour Stock Putters