Ping Anser with Tungsten inserts and serial number - found on the bay!!

finchi5 ·  
finchi5finchi5 Members  1307WRX Points: 131Posts: 1,307 Platinum Tees
ping anser Mgbr with tungsten weights and serial number rare find UK
Alright chaps,

Just received this in the post today, purchased off the bay for £37 inc P+P

33.5inches ping anser manganese bronze with tungsten weights and serial number - emailing it to ping to get some more info!!

What do you guys reckon - a good buy??? image/good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':good:' />

I live in the UK and very rarely see stuff like this on the bay for sale so i couldn't turn down the opportunity to have this in the collection.

my question is = is it a dalehead shaped head? can anyone shed some light on this putter maybe

possible resale value etc

should I send it to ping in the uk for a refurb? if they do that kinda work?
Posted:

Comments

• tparifftpariff Members  3869WRX Points: 55Posts: 3,869 Titanium Tees
    That's most likely a Tour putter as evidenced by the "JW" serial number. A friend of mine had one several months ago, and when he contacted Ping to ask about it, they got rather upset that he had it. If I were you, I wouldn't send it back.

Here's a thread I started on that other putter:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?sh...mp;hl=ping+tour

Nice pickup!

Kevin
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • robb01robb01 Members  1361WRX Points: 0Posts: 1,361
    great find, especially if you could find out some of the history
    Posted:
  • raskal21raskal21 Members  659WRX Points: 81Posts: 659 Golden Tee
    Definately Tour Issue indicated by the "JW" serial number. I had a lefthanded one that I also picked up on ebay for next to nothing. Ended up selling it when the WRX dept. started making the custom putters (w/ weights) available to the public. I also tried contacting PING regarding the putter. The did not have, or at least would not supply me with any info on the putter. The also were very inquisitive as to where I got it.

Nice pickup, Nice putter!

Raskal
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.