Phil Mickelson Putter

JHRJHR Charter Members Posts: 4,347
Due to release August 15th.
I went to Edwin Watts site this morning and looky what i found. The XG #9 to be released.

I would like to get one. Just a heads up.

Mickelson Putter

Comments

• Rabidpenguin45Rabidpenguin45 Gotta love tour preffered knitts Members Posts: 1,463
    That does look nice, though i'll stick with my white hot xg #7
  • CroddadCroddad What it’s all about Members Posts: 654 ✭✭
    Rabidpenguin45 wrote on Aug 1 2006, 08:47 PM:

That does look nice, though i'll stick with my white hot xg #7

Yeah...it looks good, and my interest is definitely piqued to say the least. Until recently I putted with an old Odyssey 8802 Napa style putter, so I have been curious if they would release another heel shafted putter. image/idhitit.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':crazy:' />

It looks a lot lighter in color than Phil's putter (he had a nice dark bead blasted finish on his for no glare).

It's too bad also that I can't feel a golf ball with the new XG faces...WAAAAAAY too soft! image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />
    Proud Walking Golfer
    What's in my Ping Hoofer Monsoon bag:
    Ping G400 LST 8.5* X Tour 65g
    Titleist 917F3 15* X 82g Diamana ‘ahina
    Titleist 915h1 21* X Diamana S+ 75Hy
    Titleist 718 T-MB 3 iron ProjectX PXi 6.0
    Ping iBlades red dot 4-PW ProjectX 6.0
    Titleist Vokey SM7 M grind 54 & 59 1* flat ProjectX 6.0
    Ping Vault 2.0 Stealth Piper 34.5” w/black Ping cord grip
  • CanHackerCanHacker Members Posts: 21
    According to Odyssey's website, it's now available. Released before the PGA week. I'm too a bit disappointed by the finish...I was expecting a darker, non-glaring one.

http://www.odysseygolf.com/en.PRODUCTS.WHITEHOTXG.html

IT's the #9. BTW, what does it stand for? PM's lucky #?
  • pitbull808pitbull808 Putter Hoarder Marshals Posts: 9,367 mod
    CanHacker wrote on Aug 7 2006, 08:54 AM:

I think #9 is just the next number they had available since 1-8 were already used.
  • ScottWS33ScottWS33 Up and down for par Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,379
    Wow! I didn't think I would ever say this but my 2-Ball Blade might have met a match. That insert with that head shape is bound to be hot. I also notice they have the new XG 2-Ball. It looks great. I'm glad they went back to the look of the original 2-Ball. I'm not a fan of the White Steel models or the SRTs.
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 9° (set to 10°) w/ Speeder 565 Stiff
    Titleist 910F 17° (set to 16.25°) w/ MFT Kai'li 75 Stiff
    Titleist 913H 21° (set to 20.25°) w/ Diamana S+ 82HY Stiff
    Titleist AP2 4-9 w/ XP 95 S300
    Vokey SM4 46°, 52°, 56°, 60°
    Scotty Cameron GoLo S 34"
  • CroddadCroddad What it’s all about Members Posts: 654 ✭✭
    pitbull808 wrote on Aug 7 2006, 12:00 PM:

CanHacker wrote on Aug 7 2006, 08:54 AM:

I think #9 is just the next number they had available since 1-8 were already used.

The #8 putters that Oddysey used to make were like the old Napa style, heel shafted blades. I have an 8802 with the old stronomic insert. The next year they made a white hot insert version and called it the #8 when they went to the single digit monikers.

I am surprised they just came out with a new center shafted model and used the #8. So I assuming that yes, 1-8 were already used, but #9 was for the mallet style heel shafted putter.

Does that make any sense? image/fool.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':kewlpics:' />
    Proud Walking Golfer
    What's in my Ping Hoofer Monsoon bag:
    Ping G400 LST 8.5* X Tour 65g
    Titleist 917F3 15* X 82g Diamana ‘ahina
    Titleist 915h1 21* X Diamana S+ 75Hy
    Titleist 718 T-MB 3 iron ProjectX PXi 6.0
    Ping iBlades red dot 4-PW ProjectX 6.0
    Titleist Vokey SM7 M grind 54 & 59 1* flat ProjectX 6.0
    Ping Vault 2.0 Stealth Piper 34.5” w/black Ping cord grip
  • JHRJHR Charter Members Posts: 4,347
    Tomorrow is the day, i will be at Golfsmith when they open.

All the new Titleist shoul dbe out tomorrow as well, woo hoo its a big day!
  • lidomkjlidomkj Posts: 457
    I was able to see these the other day....very cool putter....take a look at the sticker.
  • SakmanSakman @ryansako Marshals Posts: 6,291 mod
    lidomkj wrote on Aug 15 2006, 09:34 AM:

I was able to see these the other day....very cool putter....take a look at the sticker.

I was able to play around with it last week and it is indeed a great putter...just wish it had a different finish.

On a similar note, I was talking to a Cally Rep and he mentioned that Callaway/Odyssey may be doing a milled line in 07. Obviously still in the early stages since one of the big questions is whether to use the Callaway or Odyssey name on the new line. We'll see what happens...
  • localfitchlocalfitch Members Posts: 254
    Looks pretty cool to me... I'm surprised they took so long to introduce this putter...

Sign me up if it'll drop me down to 1.727 PPG...
  • maxpower88maxpower88 Members Posts: 15
    Went to a local golf store today and found it there. It was very easy to set up and feeled incredibly soft. Question for you folks though, does anyone know the head weight? Thanks

Wmk
  • buffettman20buffettman20 Members Posts: 62
    Our local golf shop got the #9 putter in this morning. They also got a detour (1st run of 500). I bought the phil putter because: 1. I love heel shafted putters, and 2. I have wanted this putter for a really long time. I have not decided if it will go in the bag or not. The face did not feel any different than my other XG faced putter.

To the earlier post about the milled putters:

Rocco Mediate did a clinic on Tuesday during the week of the Buick a couple weeks back. Our Callaway rep introduced me to him. He was a really nice guy. But what was really cool was the prototype putter Rocco had in his bag. It looked like a SC newport beach with Odyssey on it. It was sweet looking. It rolled even better! I can't believe I'm saying this but it looked better than anything Scotty has come out with in a long time.
  • LegacyUserLegacyUser Guests Posts: 0
    Got the new odyssey white hot XG #9 today. Love it, previous putter was a scotty cameron no.5 but I always wanted a small mallet with a shaft that is close to the heel. Now I got one image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':help:' />
  • JoeyBearJoeyBear Members Posts: 49
    The shop near me has 7 indoor holes and it has various slopes. I took that putter and to the furthest holes, I made 7 of 10 putts. I should consider it after putting that well with it. It was very smooth and has an awesome feel.
  • i really want one...bad!

mike