2011 Compression Data

2»

Comments

• storm319storm319 Members Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 12, 2011 #32
    I was just on GBT.org's site looking at some ball reviews and noticed that they added 8 new balls from 2011 to their compression data chart.

• tampaytampay Members Posts: 381
    storm319 wrote:

I was just on GBT.org's site looking at some ball reviews and noticed that they added 8 new balls from 2011 to their compression data chart.

Thanks.

It always seems to be you on top of the compression charts image/tongue.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':tongue:' />
  • JBent9610JBent9610 Members Posts: 421 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update, Storm.

The new Nike balls are pretty much the same except slightly different on the atti compression? Pretty much the same compression and same cover hardness. Seems odd.

It would appear the HX Diablo and Diablo Tour have the same cover. I would've guessed the Tour had a softer cover due to the name, but that's what I get for judging a book by the cover.
    Fast 12LS/Classic Custom XL/King LTD
    Super LS/Tisi Tec/RBZ Stage2/F6 Baffler/Egg Spoon/CB1
    Halo/4DX
    X-20/XL2000/EX-1/RaptureJ/GC Mid/Deep Red II
    ISI W2/EX-1
    685BX/X-Forged Vintage/GAS1 Forged/Eye2+
    WHP 2-Ball
  • storm319storm319 Members Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Sep 12, 2011 #35
    JBent9610 wrote:

Thanks for the update, Storm.

The new Nike balls are pretty much the same except slightly different on the atti compression? Pretty much the same compression and same cover hardness. Seems odd.

It would appear the HX Diablo and Diablo Tour have the same cover. I would've guessed the Tour had a softer cover due to the name, but that's what I get for judging a book by the cover.

I thought the same thing about the Nike balls but the specs on Nike Golf's website are really close too. Seems silly to release 2 identically constructed balls with the only difference being a few compression points. I guess that's the power of marketing.

Callaway's site specs show that the Tour's cover is softer. It's best to take any of this data with a grain of salt.
  • ScooterMcTavishScooterMcTavish Staying away from thrift stores.... Members Posts: 2,688 ✭✭
    Thanks for the data Storm.

Funny to see the objective numbers - when I tried the old e5+ back in '08 I hated the ball. I found it to be hard and short.

Fast forward to '11, and I tried last year's e5 which is listed as a harder (though only slightly), yet it feels softer to me and goes far.

And I played a D2 Feel in a scramble yesterday, and found this ball to be firmer than I expected (thinking AD333 territory here).

Guess it just goes to show, YMMV.
    Titleist 909D2, 9.5*, JAVLNFX M7
    Titleist 909F2, 15.5*, "For Titleist" Blueboard
    Titleist 909H, 21*, "For Titleist" Blueboard
    Titleist 755 4-P, GAT 95
    MacGregor Jeff Sheets 52* GW
    MacGregor Jeff Sheets 56* SW
    Titleist Vokey Oil Can 60* LW
    Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth
    WITB Link
    Current set photo here!
  • kazoobluekazooblue Members Posts: 38
    so do you use the average compression to figure out what ball to use or which compression measurement do you use the atti or the majestix to decide the compression to use for your swing speed?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file