Lost my 7 iron yesterday

Rich71691Rich71691 Enough?Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,957
image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' /> image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' /> image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cheesy:' /> image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yahoo:' /> image/crazy2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> image/crazy2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> image/diablo.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> image/diablo.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> image/diablo.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':diablo:' /> image/help.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':help:' /> image/help.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':help:' /> image/angry.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> image/angry.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> image/diablo.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':diablo:' /> image/help.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':help:' /> image/angry2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> image/nono.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':nono:' />

I lost my 7 iron yesterday, at a new course, and didn't realize it until today when I went to clean them. has anyone ever done this and FOUND their club?

Rich

image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':crazy:' />

Comments

• Ditty_72Ditty_72 Jr. Boomers, Lefty Boomers Posts: 637
    I've lost a club before. A couple years ago I lost my pitching wedge the day before a tournament.

Call the course, see if they found it, or if someone turned it in.

How did you lose it?
  • Rich71691Rich71691 Enough? Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,957
    I was playing a new course and I must have brought it to a par 3 tee box and decided to hit an 8 or a 6 or something like that. that is not like me at all. I called the course and they have it. the one bad thing is I removed all the emblems on the clubs so now the 7 is going to have it and the rest won't, but It is in a good, dry, save place right now.

Rich
  • RJC59RJC59 Members Posts: 1,222 ✭✭
    iive lost plenty, just phone the course and see if anyone turned it in.
  • Ken_In_CAKen_In_CA Members Posts: 617
    I've never lost a club...yet, knock on wood, but found plenty especially at the range I go to. Probably would be able to make a full set by now. I always turn it into the clubhouse, if they return it to the owner... who knows. I did my part. I guess it's good to have those tacky identification stickers on there! image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />

Ken
  • ScottWS33ScottWS33 Up and down for par Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,379
    Pleased to here you will get it back. I left a club at the 4th hole once but I realised by the 6th tee and was able to run back and retrieve it. Fortunately someone had picked it up so it wasn't a major crisis and it spared me some running. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' />
    Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 9° (set to 10°) w/ Speeder 565 Stiff
    Titleist 910F 17° (set to 16.25°) w/ MFT Kai'li 75 Stiff
    Titleist 913H 21° (set to 20.25°) w/ Diamana S+ 82HY Stiff
    Titleist AP2 4-9 w/ XP 95 S300
    Vokey SM4 46°, 52°, 56°, 60°
    Scotty Cameron GoLo S 34"
  • GrumGrum ★ Driven to Perfection ★ Members Posts: 3,152 ✭✭
    Left my Tracy II by a par3 green once and walked in before I would use it again....didnt even know, got handed in!
  • JKBJKB Scratch Golfer Jr. Boomers Posts: 931
    Maybe phone the manufactur and custom order one if you dont find it within a week
  • PingManCrusherPingManCrusher Members Posts: 34
    I left my club at my home course on the last hole. I realized this the second or third day later, called the course and they had it. Most people will turn it in, unless it is expensive, like a vokey or a scotty. Then people do the "finders keepers" deal. Watch those nice clubs!
  • mjbone23mjbone23 Members Posts: 250 ✭✭
    I helicoptered my putter on the 2nd hole of a golf course. It was my last hole of the day (played awful by the way). It never occurred to me to pick it up. Had to go back the next day, turns out someone on the maintenance crew picked it up, had a nice rusty finish to it.

Moral of the story,

Throw clubs in the direction that you're walking. image/crazy.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

-Jordan
  • Jules150Jules150 Members Posts: 7
    JKB wrote on Oct 16 2006, 08:01 PM:

Maybe phone the manufactur and custom order one if you dont find it within a week

The manufacturs rip you off when you try to do that, a friend of mine who is on the golf team lost his nine iron the day before tryouts and noboy turned it in. He contacted king cobra and they tried to charge some ridiculas price so he didnt buy it but luckly the home course of our school is the same course we both work at so he just borrowed one of the pro's nine iron for the rest of the season.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file