Launch Monitor

Where to go for Irons
I'm trying to pinpoint how far I carry each iron. Is there is where on Island beside GolfTec that offer this type of service. Something like trackman or launch moniters. This is kind of urgent. I know AGC has one for drivers but I need it for irons. I would be greatful for any help.

Thanks.

JDM TMade SLDR set @ 11.5* w/Speeder 757
Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
Adams Tour LS 19* w/DI8x & 23* 9031
Adams MB2 5-GW w/Black Nickle KBS Tour S
Machine M6 Inspirer
50*/54*/58* Satin Puglielli wedge kbs tourS
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/910665-bennysupremes-first-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like out side more then inside. Is there anything on Oahu that would be able to help me?

Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
Machine M6 Inspirer
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/910665-bennysupremes-first-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='mauiatheart' timestamp='1336201563' post='4853172']
The Vector that AGC has can help you with any club. Go see Joey.
[/quote]

I can always count on you for a reply mauiatheart. Thanks I will have to look into it. I think I will take a couple lessons here first and get the new XTD in the bag then head on over to the AGC to get my numbers.

Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
Machine M6 Inspirer

• 2 weeks later...

Because I'm a what I like to call a feel player, I will lets say sometimes hit my 8iron 140 and then on the very next hole pull it out from 170. I want to get number where there is no wind or Elevation. The number I really want is the carry, so I can start to shot to certain points on the greens. I want this as a starting point. EX: I got my first real leason and was working on the swing. I proceed to hit the worst 3 wood ever, 3 wood is my money club, so this new swing will take a little work with the longer clubs. This shot was so bad(topped) I bearly got I to the fairway. Maybe 75 yards. That left me 225ish to the flag, 215ish to clear the sand trap at the front of the green. I hit the most amazing 19* high draw over the trees to within an inch of the hole(thats where the ball mark was) and rolled off the back off the green for an easy up and down. Although I hit a great shot it was pure luck from a distance stand point. I just didnt know if I would be able to elevate the 3wood enough to get it over the tree and if I did I would be really long. I also was thinking to my self that a 3 iron would end in the bunk unless I played a big draw and ran it up on to the green between the two bunkers, which I didn't feel was a shot I could pull off.

With these numbers I just feel it will give me better/more options on the course.

Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
Machine M6 Inspirer

LOL..I think you're thinking too much. :pardon:

If you're a feel player...the last thing I would think that would be helpful is an exact number. If anything I think an exact number is BS anyway because you will never get a perfect flat lie, no wind, perfectly flat green, no elevation shot on any golf course. Unless you're practicing every day and playing every day you'll also not have that much of repetitive swing to hit that exact number on every swing. Part of being good and being a feel player is being able to pull off a shot by looking at the conditions, and feeling out the shot with the club in your hand. In my OPINION, if you're blowing an iron 30 yards farther then you should be, then you're not using feel OR you've probably got something going on with your swing that's delofting the club.

I've played with enough Pro's and Scratch players to know most of them will never hit a max'ed out shot. The reason being is even they don't hit the ball perfectly every time they swing it. There's a margin of error put into every shot, may it be their target or their club selection. Also they're use of launch monitors is for fitting and to see if certain tweaks to their swing are working in creating distance and club head speed.

I can hit my pw, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5 easily 100-150 yards by feel. I don't need to know my max because by feel I can tell exactly how hard I need to hit a ball with whatever club I've got to get a distance just by controlling the backswing and the tempo in the shot. Even with my driver, I'm not looking at a general direction I'm aiming at...I'm looking at the place I want my ball to land, kick and roll. In my opinion, if you want to learn feel you need to find a flat driving range...Newtown, Navy Marine, Klipper, pick out a target and hit multiple clubs and shots at that target and learn feel. It's not going to come from knowing you can hit a 9 iron 147.5 yards at 44* of loft and 5000 spin. After you've got that down and are consistent in your shot making, take it to the course. Look at your the shot in front of you, look at your target, where you want to land it and how you want your ball to react. When I play there's nothing left to chance. I hit a shot and plan how it's going to react.

I've had tons of access to launch monitors through the years and personally have never taken much of those numbers seriously at all. Why? Because it's not real. There is absolutely no shot making involved in the use of a launch monitor. Plus I think I swing differently on a course then in front of a monitor. When I play golf I'm not swinging to for club head speed, spin numbers and distance. I make shots. Same reason I think guys who only hit balls in a net 7 days a week will not be course ready. There's no shot making and feel to be found in a net. You need consistent practice and playing to get feel and scoring ability.

Just yesterday, I tried a new set of irons with shafts I've never used before in my life. Not on demo's, range, launch monitor...nothing. The front 9 I shot +4. I had some shots that were higher/farther then normal and some short and lower then normal with the irons. On the back 9 I took what I learned from hitting those shot and proceeded to shoot -4. Probably could have been -6 easy if two five footers wouldn't have come up short. LOL, I was using a new putter too. If not for feel and knowledge of my swing, that back 9 would not have happened.

Sorry TJ..just my opinion. :drinks:

I have to agree 100% with pitbull. I have access to the same monitor as him, but I prefer to take to the course and range for accurate numbers. Hitting next to a machine doesn't give you realistic numbers compared to a driving range or the course itself. All the points that pitbull mentioned are spot on and as a matter of fact, I've gotten the same lecture from him before. I took his suggestions and thanked him for his advice. Great advice as usual pitbull!

I agree with you Pitbull, I'm thinking way to much and I never swing the same inside as I do out side. I respect your oppion very much. That one thing I miss haveing, the advice of good/great golfers.

I think why all this is coming out now is I'm not shotting where I want to be shotting. I don't practice much anymore because I would much rather just play. I think not practicing like I did when I was in Colorado is why my handicap has almost doubled on somewhat easier tracks. Who knows it could be because I play four different courses instead of the same one or two. I never work on short game anymore, I just hit ball after ball. I also think the high scores are coming from playing with less skilled golfers, I hardly play with people that at better then me anymore. I started playing with armydiver but he will be leaving soon. The guys I played with last week is rare because of work and they like to play in the afternoons.

I have actually started to hit the range at Navy Marine which is also where I got the lesson from. I like Simon and I think this new swing will help alot.

If I can just come up with a good practice routine, practice short game a little, stick with what he is telling me and work on it 2 or 3 time a week before or after my rounds my handicap will come back down. But until I guess I will countinue to shot in the mid 80's to low 90's

How do you guys practice from day to day? Any help would be very helpful since I'm stuggling to find my way right now.

Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
Machine M6 Inspirer

[quote name='BENNYSUPREME' timestamp='1337630039' post='4952452']
I agree with you Pitbull, I'm thinking way to much and I never swing the same inside as I do out side. I respect your oppion very much. That one thing I miss haveing, the advice of good/great golfers.

I think why all this is coming out now is I'm not shotting where I want to be shotting. I don't practice much anymore because I would much rather just play. I think not practicing like I did when I was in Colorado is why my handicap has almost doubled on somewhat easier tracks. Who knows it could be because I play four different courses instead of the same one or two. I never work on short game anymore, I just hit ball after ball. I also think the high scores are coming from playing with less skilled golfers, I hardly play with people that at better then me anymore. I started playing with armydiver but he will be leaving soon. The guys I played with last week is rare because of work and they like to play in the afternoons.

I have actually started to hit the range at Navy Marine which is also where I got the lesson from. I like Simon and I think this new swing will help alot.

If I can just come up with a good practice routine, practice short game a little, stick with what he is telling me and work on it 2 or 3 time a week before or after my rounds my handicap will come back down. But until I guess I will countinue to shot in the mid 80's to low 90's

How do you guys practice from day to day? Any help would be very helpful since I'm stuggling to find my way right now.
[/quote]
Actually I don't practice. I just show up in the morning and play. I only play once a week. I just stick to the basics and dont over think things. If things go bad blame it on the clubs and get new ones.

I wish I could do that. I'm actually in the process of picking up a fast 12ls on here and then will be trying to sell my 9064ls witha DI6s shaft to buy a DI6x. That way I will have a low launch low spin shaft and a high launch low spin shaft. I also have a 14.5 xtd on order, keeps getting pushed back. I buy new gear about every 2 to 3 years I a tight wad and my pockets don't run that deep.

Adams Tour LS 15* w/DI7x
Machine M6 Inspirer

[quote name='mach 1' timestamp='1337637880' post='4953340']
Actually I don't practice. I just show up in the morning and play. I only play once a week. I just stick to the basics and dont over think things. If things go bad blame it on the clubs and get new ones.
[/quote]

You are easily the BEST player I know who only plays once a week and has a new bag monthly if not weekly! I guess you figured out the "honeymoon" effect the best of anyone on the board! :yes: BTW..nice 74 this weekend. I think we could take any cart golf tournament! :yes:

I've been playing for over 36 years already. I know my game and I think I know my swing by now. I hit balls in the net about 5 times a week and have one good range session weekly for dialing in shots and my driver.