GIVEAWAY: PING Heppler Anser 2 Putter- ENTER HERE, Tour Edge Exotics EXS Pro 3W - ENTER HERE.

You just don't see this anymore... Possible Spoiler!!!

endurancechiro ·  
endurancechiroendurancechiro The man with the Iron ThumbsMembers  1009WRX Points: 41Handicap: ~15Posts: 1,009 Platinum Tees
This was an interesting read.<br />
http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/tiger-woods-wgc-cadillac-championship-putting-lesson-steve-stricker-turns-into-nine-birdies-first-round-lead-030713<br />
Find another sport where someone actually offers to help a competitor... Heck other sports have a hard time giving help to someone on their own team! This was a true gentleman move, and hats off to Stricker. The last person I would be helping is the guy who can kick my butt every day of the week!
Posted:
A bad day on the course is better than
a good day at work!
WITB Link

Comments

• dkaardkaar Members  323WRX Points: 78Handicap: 13Posts: 323 Greens
    Your link does not work but I assume you are referring to when Stricker helped Tiger out with a putting lesson. I read it yesterday and it is indeed a good read.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • KILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGEKILLEDBYASHANKEDWEDGE 300 YARD DRAWS AND 10 LB HOOKS! Members  4524WRX Points: 1Posts: 4,524 Titanium Tees
    It doesn't happen that often but I recall several instances of Stricker helping Tiger over the past few years .
    Posted:
  • VindogVindog Don't order the schnitzel. They're using schnauzer! Members  18116WRX Points: 1,051Posts: 18,116 Titanium Tees
    It happens quite a bit. But you don't hear about it much.<br />
    <br />
    Over the years, off the top of my head, I remember Vijay helping some people on the range with ball position, and hitting fades, also I remember Tiger Helping Sean O'hair with his putting a few years back.
    Posted:
    run of the mill driver with stock shaft
    a couple of outdated hybrids
    shovel-ier shovels
    wedges from same shovel company
    some putter with a dead insert and
    a hideous grip
  • Frankensteins MonsterFrankensteins Monster Members  6712WRX Points: 178Posts: 6,712 Titanium Tees
    <br />
    http://msn.foxsports...und-lead-030713<br />
    Find another sport where someone actually offers to help a competitor... Heck other sports have a hard time giving help to someone on their own team! This was a true gentleman move, and hats off to Stricker. The last person I would be helping is the guy who can kick my butt every day of the week!<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    It happens often. You just aren't looking in the right places. Kobe is a known mentor of players from other teams. It happens often during the NBA All-star game and during the Olympics. The problem with team sports is that they don't have the time to help out an opposing player. They're only together for a short period of time every season, five games max in the NBA.
    Posted:
  • ZINC68ZINC68 Members  219WRX Points: 67Posts: 219 Fairways
    <br />
    http://msn.foxsports...und-lead-030713<br />
    Find another sport where someone actually offers to help a competitor... Heck other sports have a hard time giving help to someone on their own team! This was a true gentleman move, and hats off to Stricker. The last person I would be helping is the guy who can kick my butt every day of the week!<br />
    As cool as it is, that happens in almost every other individual sport. Team sports, not so much unless they are on the same team.
    Posted:
  • Colby327Colby327 Members  1963WRX Points: 61Handicap: 8.3Posts: 1,963 Platinum Tees
    It definitely happens, but rarely is reported... Just a couple weeks ago Sergio was giving Schwartzel a bunker lesson.
    Posted:
    Ping G30 AD DI 6x
    Callaway XHP 15* AD DI 7s
    Adams A12 19* & 22* VTS Silver
    Ping S55 Nippon Modus 120x
    Ping Glide 50*, 54*, 58*
    Byron Morgan Copper DH89 Mini
    WITB Link
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • AWE46M3AWE46M3 Members  1075WRX Points: 55Posts: 1,075 Platinum Tees
    I know this happens in hockey as well when guys from different teams train together during the off-season with their friends. It's really not that uncommon IMO.
    Posted:
  • endurancechiroendurancechiro The man with the Iron Thumbs Members  1009WRX Points: 41Handicap: ~15Posts: 1,009 Platinum Tees
    Guess I am wrong, I came from playing pretty high level tennis and you never see this unless it is college teammates... Really don't see it much in team sports with opposing teams either...<br />
    <br />
    Just refreshing to see there are still some friendships and good people out there in the heat of competition.
    Posted:
    A bad day on the course is better than
    a good day at work!
    WITB Link
  • Ghost_OrchidGhost_Orchid Golf Junkie Upstate NYMembers  2093WRX Points: 124Handicap: 1Posts: 2,093 Platinum Tees
    Phil helping Bradley at Augusta...
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.