i need helllp

i went to leadbetters junior academy last year and that was pretty good, but now im in dallas at school, and i choked in tryouts at smu... i want to transfer to a northern school and some coaches want me, but i feel like im getting worse ever since i went to see one of hank haney's guys...im soooo confused about how to swing...what should i do? i have the swing setter, is that legit?

Comments

• imabeatonuimabeatonu Members Posts: 95
    why isnt anyone responding?
  • kblakeney35kblakeney35 Jr. Boomers Posts: 937
    #1CHILL OUT!!!!!

#2You're probably just in a slump right now, it happens to everybody. Just keep playing, it'll work itself out.

#3Find someone who you can take lessons from AND STICK WITH THEM. Dont change to someone else because everyone is going to have a different opinion.

#4HAVE SOME FUN. Play a couple fun rounds with some friends and just relax.

#5Cant make a comment on the swing setter.
  • tbowles411tbowles411 ClubWRX Posts: 25,062 ✭✭
    I have a Swingsetter, It has helped a bit with tempo and somewhat with aim. On one of the pics on this site from the Fields Tourney, Michelle Wie had one in her bag on the range. It does work but you have to put some time into it.

Have fun with golf. You'll never conquer it. Try to relax and go back to the basics. And if you have an instructor, stick with ONE and the same one. If you are not comfortable with his/her instructions, find someone who you feel comfortable with. Relax and have fun.
    **Bag Construction in Progress**
    Mizuno ST190 G 9.5 (Lofted to 10)
    Mizuno ST190 3TS
    Mizuno CLK 2 Hybrid
    Mizuno Fli-Hi 4 Iron Replacement
    Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal (5-PW)
    Mizuno S18 Wedges - Blue Ion (50-7, 54-12, 58-16, 62-8)
    Scotty Cameron Phantom X12
    PING Vault 2.0 Craz-E **Backup**
    I know i will never conquer golf, but i used to have a 2 handicap, but now im soo confused about how to swing the club its not even funny and pretty embarassing..
  • haltham2006haltham2006 Members Posts: 62
    whats your handicap now?

i thinks it more to do with you're mental side by the sounds of it? a player that was off 2 and doesnt think he knows how to swing the club? you just make it more tough on yourself by saying that
  • animalisticanimalistic 7th Hole Ballybunion !! Jr. Boomers Posts: 1,235
    haltham2006 wrote on Feb 26 2006, 10:12 PM:

whats your handicap now?

i thinks it more to do with you're mental side by the sounds of it? a player that was off 2 and doesnt think he knows how to swing the club? you just make it more tough on yourself by saying that

yea, your obviously a good player so just take things easy-slumps come and go image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> just swing it naturaaly and dont get too down on yourself
  • diesel234diesel234 Members Posts: 40
    My first advice to you is to quit playing the golf swing and start playing golf. There is a big difference between the two. Find a teacher and stick with him.I also highly recommend that you read golf is not a game of perfect by Dr. Bob Rotella and only work on your swing on the range and not on the course.

Hope this helps.

Kevin (CPGA)
  • Triple-DoubleTriple-Double Members Posts: 533
    I would totally reccomend getting ZEN GOLF. It is the best book for the mental game and helped me reach places I've never been golf wise. Also, don't worry, I'm in a slump too, but I'm still playing better than most around me and you probably are too.
  • greenmachine0227greenmachine0227 Members Posts: 303
    I'd also recommend reading Fearless Golf by Gio Valiante. He is the mental coach for the golf channel and is a college professor. I really benefitted from that book.
  • onemomentintimeonemomentintime Members Posts: 187
    pm sent...
    I've read all those books... I have a solid swing, I'm just really confused, i have a few minor swing flaws that are majorly hurting my game
  • k-unitk-unit Members Posts: 321
    being comfortable with your coach is key, if your seeing all thouse big name guys (im not saying they dont know what their doin) but they see a lot of guys, good ones. Maybe try a new teaching pro who has never seen your swing, get a few lessons, learn to trust him. If you respect/trust your coach and work at what hes telling you, that works well.

and take it easy, play for fun for a little while.