Picked up a Cameron Prototype 1.5

velandgolf ·  
velandgolfvelandgolf VelandgolfMembers  1199WRX Points: 60Posts: 1,199 Platinum Tees
Is this something Lamont can refinish?
Just wondering if you guys know if Lamont could refinish a putter with this finish. I know the custom shop doesn't do the finish anymore.

Posted:

Comments

• nobreak1970nobreak1970 Members  586WRX Points: 0Posts: 586
    Curious.

Black Oxide? I'm a Cameron noob so I wanna know what finish that is as well. I know Lamont and the guys at SSBeachgolf.com use black polymer finishes instead of the oxide finish. Looks about the same but is way more durable.

Peace.
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • pu_golf88pu_golf88 Members  806WRX Points: 60Posts: 806 Golden Tee
    I believe it's Black Pearl, but I have no idea if LaMont could do it.
    Posted:
  • GetinDAhole26GetinDAhole26 Members  421WRX Points: 0Posts: 421
    yea that i definatly black pearl. I had a stainless prototype a while back. they are nice putters.
    Posted:
  • laguna79laguna79 Members  287WRX Points: 72Posts: 287 Greens
    Who treats there gear like that ?

Did you know the seller ?

image/diablo.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':diablo:' />
    Posted:
    Epic flash sub-zero
    M3 HL
    i400 17 degree hybrid
    U65 20 degree
    i500 4-Pw
    Mack daddy forged 52
    Yururi Tour 58
    Xmetal Rossie
  • kitsoasiskitsoasis fried chicken Members  3859WRX Points: 56Posts: 3,859 Titanium Tees
    Maybe find out where Byron gets his Mystics done, it'd look mint on the proto!
    Posted:
  • nickpoznickpoz Members  946WRX Points: 1Posts: 946 ClubWRX
    You can have the studio redo it in Charcoal Mist, thats a really nice looking finish
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • alcap26alcap26 Charter Members  1379WRX Points: 142Posts: 1,379 Platinum Tees
    So the Cameron studio will not redo the original finish on this one?
    Posted:
  • nickpoznickpoz Members  946WRX Points: 1Posts: 946 ClubWRX
    alcap26 wrote on Jan 22 2009, 09:26 AM:

Correct, they will not restore black pearl putters to their original finish. There are several people on thecameroncollector that have had the same putter refinished in Charcoal Mist and it looks nice.
    Posted:
  • kitsoasiskitsoasis fried chicken Members  3859WRX Points: 56Posts: 3,859 Titanium Tees
    alcap26 wrote on Jan 23 2009, 12:26 AM:

they've stopped doing the pearl finish even if its the original finish for the particular putter
    Posted:
  • AUDufferAUDuffer ClubWRX  2943WRX Points: 154Handicap: 8.3Posts: 2,943 ClubWRX
    I talked with LaMont back when he did my Studio Select (was around November) and he wasn't yet able to do such a finish.
    Posted:
    10.5° PXG 0811LX Project X HC Evenflow 75X
    15° PXG 0341 Fujikura 2.0 7X
    19° PXG 0317 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S or Srixon 3 U85 Project X LZ 6.5
    4 Srixon U85 Project X LZ 6.5
    5 Srixon 585 Project X LZ 6.5
    6-PW Srixon 785 Project X LZ 6.5
    Artisan Golf 50/54/58 Project X LZ 6.5
    Artisan Golf 0117 x 2 (Night and Day) or 0418
  • jcamn1jcamn1 ClubWRX  704WRX Points: 100Handicap: 1Posts: 704 ClubWRX
    Cory...I know this isn't a putter...LOL...But what about this finish...it's called a wet Black!
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • jcamn1jcamn1 ClubWRX  704WRX Points: 100Handicap: 1Posts: 704 ClubWRX
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?s=...t&p=1439206

This too...Lamont made it look beautiful
    Posted:
  • SetTheBarrHighSetTheBarrHigh DallasClubWRX  3950WRX Points: 192Posts: 3,950 ClubWRX
    The condition of that putter makes me sad...
    Posted:
    Ping G410 Plus 9°
    Titleist 909H 19°
    Ping i210 (4,6,8,W)
    Titleist SM7 52°, 58°
    Titleist Pro Platinum Sonoma Two
  • wildwilly911wildwilly911 Members  2750WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,750
    TylerMade wrote on Jan 22 2009, 12:55 PM:
    The condition of that putter makes me sad...

sad, heck that aint nothing. that finish didnt hold up well thats why they dont do it any more
    Posted:
  • MchSt805MchSt805 Members  2101WRX Points: 0Posts: 2,101
    That black pearl finish really didn't ever hold up that well. I've seen several that were wearing off the soles just from normal use.

As already stated, Cameron will not refinish this putter to it's original state. Black Oxide Service was working on trying to get a comparable finish, but that was about a year ago and I believe they ended up ditching those plans (but maybe worth e-mailing them). Byron does do the "mystic pearl" finish which is very comparable, if not the same thing. I believe they call it a PVD finish, although not sure what it stands for. I would check with them as to their source if they're willing to share. Most likely it's going to be very expensive though without a large quantity order.

Some other type of finish might be more desireable at this point. Charcoal Mist from the factory might be an option, maybe just strip the original finish and have it sand blasted with a polished sole, or maybe even torched. LaMont's black polymer finish is also an option if you want something durable.
    Posted:
    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Driver: Ping G30
    3-Wood: Exotics E8
    Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro
    Irons: TaylorMade R7
    Wedges: Scratch 1018
    Putter: Scotty Cameron Red X5[/font]

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.