We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.
***11/16/2019 Attention GolfWRX community. If you had to reset your forum password, please see info below. ***

GolfWRX was informed of a potential issue and in an effort to be proactive, passwords were reset for some users. Please use the forget password recovery link: https://forums.golfwrx.com/entry/passwordrequest

Please email [email protected] if further help is required. We're sorry for any inconvenience.

Honma TW 737 vs Srixon Z series?

kody17 ·  
kody17kody17  770Members Posts: 770
Anyone have any comparisons or hit both of these irons? I have the Srixon z545 irons and love them, but really intersted in the TW 737V irons as well. Would love to know how they compare. Thanks
Posted:

Titleist 910 D2 9.75* w/ Fujikura Motore Speeder 6.2 TS X
Titleist 910H 21* w/ DG X100
Cleveland Launcher HB 5-PW w/ DG TI X100
Mizuno MP-T5 52*, 56*, 60* w/ DG X100
Odyssey Exo Indianapolis Stroke Lab

Comments

• larciellarciel I play for eagle  2417Members Posts: 2,417
    737v is very light and small head compared tk z545. You'd be better with 737p for direct comparison.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Steel NinjaSteel Ninja  973Members Posts: 973
    I am a huge fan of the 737v’s. Exceptional feel and forging. The Z545 series will be more forgiving however if you are a decent ball striker then a non-issue. My favorite thing about the 737v irons is there is virtually no offset and sets up behind the ball nicely.
    Posted:
    Taylormade M1 460 9.5* Driver - RIP Beta 70x
    Taylormade R11 15.5* Fairway - RIP Beta 80x
    Mizuno MP 25 4-PW - DG S300
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50-54-58 wedges - DG S400
    Odyssey Metal X Milled 7
  • CaigeCaige  38ClubWRX Posts: 38
    545s and 745s are some of the best irons I have ever played. 65s are good too but the 45s are amazing!
    Posted:
  • kody17kody17  770Members Posts: 770
    Caige wrote:

545s and 745s are some of the best irons I have ever played. 65s are good too but the 45s are amazing!

I took my 545's out for a spin again (striking hasn't been the best lately so had to put the 945's away) and yeah, wow. Really is a night and day difference between the forgiveness of the two. Looks wise, down by the ball, the 545's are truly not that much bigger. They still look great, with minimal offset. I will never get rid of my 545's, and I've actually done some sweet custom work to them. Had all the badges removed, and then glass bead blasted the heads to give them a satin finish. Inside the cavity where the badge used to be is raw now, so there is some patina going on. Looks pretty sweet to me.
    Posted:

Titleist 910 D2 9.75* w/ Fujikura Motore Speeder 6.2 TS X
    Titleist 910H 21* w/ DG X100
    Cleveland Launcher HB 5-PW w/ DG TI X100
    Mizuno MP-T5 52*, 56*, 60* w/ DG X100
    Odyssey Exo Indianapolis Stroke Lab

• salmon2salmon2  100Members Posts: 100
    Can't go wrong with either. I was torn between Srixon and 737VN and ended up with Honmas.
    Posted:
  • 2_PuttBirdies2_PuttBirdies  65Members Posts: 65

I am a huge fan of the 737v’s. Exceptional feel and forging. The Z545 series will be more forgiving however if you are a decent ball striker then a non-issue. My favorite thing about the 737v irons is there is virtually no offset and sets up behind the ball nicely.

Do you still feel like the 737v launches fairly easily, or would you consider them more low launch?
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • golftechgolftech  424Members Posts: 424
    Aren’t the 737’s Chinese made now? I’ve heard conflicting reports of only Chinese forgings now, but Japan assembled to possibly a second version that’s japan forged, but at a much higher price point. The latter is what the Honma Europe distributor mentioned. Either way, the 737s (V, Vs and Vn) are beautiful forgings, clean, square, minimal offset yet forgiving.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.