circa62 finish

kauaigolf ·  
kauaigolfkauaigolf  125WRX Points: 60Members Posts: 125 Bunkers
i have a pearl finish studio design and it glares like crazy in the sunlight. will the finish on the circa62 become dull with use? or does the constant oiling keep it shiny?
Posted:

Comments

• pitbull808pitbull808 Putter Hoarder  9368WRX Points: 149Marshals Posts: 9,368 Marshals
    If you stop oiling it, the finish will wear off quickly and the putter will probably rust. Especially with the salt air in Hawaii. If that's the dull finish you're looking for, that's the method to follow. image/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':help:' />
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • kauaigolfkauaigolf  125WRX Points: 60Members Posts: 125 Bunkers
    i guess i'll do the same thing to the circa that i did to my pearl studio; i put a strip of scotch tape along the topline, the matte finish of the tape stops the glare.
    Posted:
  • RobotDoctorRobotDoctor Senior Hacker  4827WRX Points: 763ClubWRX Posts: 4,827 ClubWRX
    I am not a great fan of the Gun Blue finish so I stripped the finish off my Circa 62 #1 using Coke. My putter is on its way to BOS to be transformed to an Oil Can finish. image/cool.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':help:' />
    Posted:
    EAMUS CATULI! AC020303

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.