Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Prototype

doublejdoublej Posts: 140
Hey Gents,

I have an opportunity to pick up a brand spankin' new 2003 Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Prototype putter at a local golf store here in the Chicagoland area for $399.99 plus tax. Anybody out there have one of these, and if so, do you like it and is the price reasonable? I wouldn't necessarily be buying it to collect it; however, if it was in my best interest to do so, I could and continue to use my other Cameron (2004 Newport Beach).

Also, does anyone know what a reasonable price would be for a 2003 Scotty Cameron My Girl putter? I've seen them on Ebay for between $1,100 to $1,200, which is a little rich for my blood, and I often wonder about authenticity.

Thanx ... doublej

Comments

• pitbull808pitbull808 Putter Hoarder Marshals Posts: 9,367 mod
    edited Dec 11, 2005 #2
    That's about the average going rate for that putter. Anywhere between $350-450 is about right. Is it the regular SS finish or the Black Pearl mist with matching black shaft? I had the Black Pearl for a while. It was a good putter, loved the color, but I never did get used to the short hosel.

As for the My Girls, I've seen them from $550-800. At a $1000 you might as well get a Tour Cameron. I wouldn't worry too much about the authenticity if you're buying from people with good feedback and they provide good photos. It's kind of difficult to fake the obvious My Girl Markings on the sole.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • tickyboytickyboy Members Posts: 2,133 ✭✭
    I found the finish on the 1.5 a little harder than a regular SS, but it sure was cool to look at.
    R15 9.5
    R15 3HL
    Rescue TP 21
    MP25 4-P
    MP 52,56,60
    Origin B2 01 CF