***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Prototype

doublej ·  
doublejdoublej Members  140WRX Points: 0Posts: 140
Hey Gents,<br />
<br />
I have an opportunity to pick up a brand spankin' new 2003 Scotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Prototype putter at a local golf store here in the Chicagoland area for $399.99 plus tax. Anybody out there have one of these, and if so, do you like it and is the price reasonable? I wouldn't necessarily be buying it to collect it; however, if it was in my best interest to do so, I could and continue to use my other Cameron (2004 Newport Beach).<br />
<br />
Also, does anyone know what a reasonable price would be for a 2003 Scotty Cameron My Girl putter? I've seen them on Ebay for between $1,100 to $1,200, which is a little rich for my blood, and I often wonder about authenticity.<br />
<br />
Thanx ... doublej
Posted:

Comments

• pitbull808pitbull808 Putter Hoarder Marshals  9369WRX Points: 150Posts: 9,369 Marshals
    That's about the average going rate for that putter. Anywhere between $350-450 is about right. Is it the regular SS finish or the Black Pearl mist with matching black shaft? I had the Black Pearl for a while. It was a good putter, loved the color, but I never did get used to the short hosel. <br />
    <br />
    As for the My Girls, I've seen them from $550-800. At a $1000 you might as well get a Tour Cameron. I wouldn't worry too much about the authenticity if you're buying from people with good feedback and they provide good photos. It's kind of difficult to fake the obvious My Girl Markings on the sole.
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • tickyboytickyboy Members  2135WRX Points: 114Posts: 2,135 Platinum Tees
    I found the finish on the 1.5 a little harder than a regular SS, but it sure was cool to look at.
    Posted:
    M5 Tour
    R15 3HL
    Rescue TP
    MP25 4-P
    MP 52,56,60
    Spider Tour

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.