2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

need help - (Updated info if anyone knows Bill Gates)

calc61

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The board is still being upgraded. The question has been asked about 10 times and the same answer given each time. Am I being short, yes because its been a long 10 days and the board looks normal to most people but, its about 80% complete. Sorry you feel that way Frank but, I got more than a few things going on right now and a Master's contest with a $1200 first prize to try to get going. I completely understand your situation though, the menu is "critical" for some people and I'm sure there are other boards that can satisfy your requirements while we get things back to normal here.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

This project is 3 weeks past due. I wish I could snap my fingers but, its not that easy. I am extremely frustrated and we decided to bring the board back and troubleshoot to keep the downtime to a minimum. We attempted to bring back the sliding menu on the weekend but there are numerous conflicts for Internet Explorer issues. So, should I just bring it back and tell everyone that wants to use it to use Firefox???? I apologize that we don't have a better way for letting the membership know the progress of how things are going but right now every minute delayed effects other major site projects and announcements and if you want to come back in a week, then we will probably be done. If you decide another site is more adequate for your needs then I currently can't offer you any alternatives.

I can only tell you that most people use the "View New Posts" option to navigate the site and the back button.

Update,

The new skin with a right hand menu may be ready tomorrow. IE 7 compatibility has delayed release.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
BST AD Help

i've had a hard time navigating the board with out the side menu - never realized how much i used it until it was there anymore. i know golfwrx is just trying to evolve. its like tiger's swing - always improving. i accept that its taken so long. i would rather see golfwrx at 80% than 0%. this is a free site and i think we should all apreciate the product we are given. i know it will soon be back to 100% and while many of us will not notice any differences there are probably a ton of "behind the scene" improvements going on.

i can understand the frustration on posts like this, especially since its asked 10 times a day for the last few days. patience everyone - patience.

[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike covert tour 2.0 w/ diamana blueboard 83[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike sq 2 tour 15* w/ ust v2 95 tour[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 18* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]adams idea pro tour 22* w/ fujikura 904hb[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]nike pro combo tour 4-pw[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 52*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]titliest vokey sm5 58*[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]scotty cameron newport beach[/size][/font][/color]

Wow, you really need to pull your head in and stop being so ungrateful, TigerFrank. Until you have designed and developed a website the scale of GolfWRX, I doubt you can really appreciate the amount of work that is involved. GolfWRX staff provide these forums as a free service to golfers and all that they ask in return is that you treat them with courtesy and respect.

I just don't think members need to be yelled at with ALL CAPS posts - that was my issue. Also, if you are going to set expectations with "saturday or sunday" then expect to get held to that.

Also Ducky - don't assume i don't know what it takes. My job in the "real world" is running a huge scale internet service far larger than WRX. Trust me, i know how it works. That's not at issue here however.

Lets move on...

curious, somone taking offense at the number of capital letters in a response. sounds like somebody needs to feel important by dropping their resume on an anonymous internet board and by trying to dictate the pace of a discussion where they neither asked the question nor have a valid response besides the typical "i'm offended" standby. :D

whatever happened to "I won't be using the board until the menu is back." is this an issue of your "real world" ability to tell the truth, virtual propensity to play a cowboy, or something else altogether?

<< I just don't think members need to be yelled at with ALL CAPS posts - that was my issue. >>

Give me a break.... you take personal offense at capitalization? You're still living in 1994 when that actually meant something.

You want a board where you'll REALLY be disrespected? Where if you post even ONE controversial message you wil quickly find that your posts wil thereafter be "previewed" by a Moderator before hitting public air? Where questioning the operation of the board will get you suspended or even banned until Jun 4, 2037? Where you must kowtow to all that is dictated by a Big Stinking Golfer? Well then, Frankie boy, HAVE I GOT JUST THE PLACE FOR YOU. :D

Oh, and to the poster who started this thread, where I sit right now, Microsoft Intergallactic Headquaters is about two miles from me. I'll check with Bill the next time we bump into each other at the Overlake Safeway. ;-)

Happy golfing

I am a IT Manager and things like this happen. Give them a break and remember this place rocks! If you think your frustrated be the owner or the computer guy of the this site, i know i have been on there side where it doesnt go as planned. Keep up the good work guys!

TM SIM2 Max 10.5 UST V 2 
TM SIM Max 15 UST V2 66g
TM Stealth HL 17 Aldila RIP Alpha 6
TM Stealth UDI 19 UST V2
TM Stealth UDI 23 UST v2 
TM P790 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 105
TM MG 3 Black 50 Nippon Modus Tour WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 54 Nippon Pro WV115
TM MG Hi-Toe 3 RAW Wedge 58 Nippon Pro Modus 105 T
TM TP Hydro Blast Bandon 3

The upload button will be back tomorrow morning. The guys are gone now and they should be able to fix it relatively quick. If you have Firefox, the upload box is there for pictures. The sliding menu will be back and should be active tomorrow night. If you want to see what the new front page will look like its up now. Its still being populated right now though but some good stuff there.

BST AD Help