2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

I want to know more about this site

Ok I have been around just about every golf forum on the net and as a computer sicence student I have great interest in the web and how websites are run etc..

My questions for this site are.

1. What is behind the site how did it start etc?

2. Is your goal to be like BSG and sell alot of producst and be a very big community?

3. I think they layout is great and who ever designed this site hats off it looks great and professional, can we expect and changes in the near future?

Cheers nice site.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. What is behind the site how did it start  etc?

2. Is your goal to be like BSG and sell alot of prodcuts and be a very big community?

What is golfwrx.com?

This site was launched with the intent to become the ultimate web destination/resource to those who eat, drink and sleep golf. Our success is contingent upon our ability to provide an environment that is informative, respectful and non-biased.

This is a place to come together and share your experience, knowledge, insight, opinions, and passion for the game with others that have a common interest in the best sport in the world.

Everyone is Welcome

Touring professionals or high handicappers, it makes no difference. We expect all to be treated equally without exception. ALL members’ opinions are important. Expert or novice, the only requirement for membership is respect for your fellow members. *Please see our goals and rules.

3. I think they layout is great and who ever designed this sites hats off it looks great any professional, can we expect and changes in the near future?

Cheers nice site.

3570[/snapback]

The site is constantly evolving and improvements are always in the works. This site's success is dependant upon the community it serves. We have just implemented 3 new features. A referral, feedback and quick PM system. We are working on a new easier to navigate skin and some other surprises as well. Some will be more noticable than others but, all geared to the end user's experience.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Well said GX-

We needed this. A place that offers the membership what they want. What does membership want?

1. Unbias spin free forum with no agenda other than the LOVE of the game.

2. A place that has a culture that will keep the best personalities around. In the rules we will protect the members from the bashing and agendas that drive people away. JC and I have talked along with Ryan, Joe, and the Mods about taking the high road and trying to make this above all a Golf Site. A place to come together and surround ourselves with the things we want to see and read.

3. Ability to move around using the "best" software they can ge their hands on. Like posting pics from your hard drive. Spell check, feedback system, etc.

For years I have spent countless hours participating in these types of forums. My best experience personally was with GO. They had an awesome culture. People were friendly and Josh Whit and or Mitch2 had those awesome reviews. People got along great. The software used to give us fits from time to time and posting pics was slow but all and all I felt great to be a member there. Still do. Prad and his Pictures of his Bag with those Firesoles hooked me in the worst way. Things change, and more sites popped up.

We felt that we needed to do the right thing and build "golfwrx.com". As JC tries to remind me "it isn't a sprint, its a marathon". We wanted to add a mega site. The forums would be the first phase and that would lead to a multidimensional site that would feature depth from articles in many different facets of the game. Try to draw in the OEMs to recognize us as a class site that has integrity.

Also JC feels it is very important to bring back integrity back to the "Tour" equipment. The last year or so has been bad for the consumer as it relates to the authenticity of many different tour clubs. We believe we must set a high bar and help inform our membership what is authentic PGA tour equipment and what is not. Doing this while we stick to our rules and principles is the delicate line we walk.

I need to trust the info I am reading the best I can, and I also want to feel integrity and so level of pride in my affiliation with a site. I was very proud to be a member of GO and would go out of my way for them. I trusted their character, and we will allow the membership to learn to trust our character.

We have many modifications coming. New skin in the next week or so, followed by many others. We hope membership continues to grow to allow the types of Pics and info we are customed to.

GX and easyyy,

well said by the both of you...... :lol:

Well said GX-

We needed this. A place that offers the membership what they want. What does membership want?

1. Unbias spin free forum with no agenda other than the LOVE of the game.

2. A place that has a culture that will keep the best personalities around. In the rules we will protect the members from the bashing and agendas that drive people away. JC and I have talked along with Ryan, Joe, and the Mods about taking the high road and trying to make this above all a Golf Site. A place to come together and surround ourselves with the things we want to see and read.

3. Ability to move around using the "best" software they can ge their hands on. Like posting pics from your hard drive. Spell check, feedback system, etc.

For years I have spent countless hours participating in these types of forums. My best experience personally was with GO. They had an awesome culture. People were friendly and Josh Whit and or Mitch2 had those awesome reviews. People got along great. The software used to give us fits from time to time and posting pics was slow but all and all I felt great to be a member there. Still do. Prad and his Pictures of his Bag with those Firesoles hooked me in the worst way. Things change, and more sites popped up.

We felt that we needed to do the right thing and build "golfwrx.com". As JC tries to remind me "it isn't a sprint, its a marathon". We wanted to add a mega site. The forums would be the first phase and that would lead to a multidimensional site that would feature depth from articles in many different facets of the game. Try to draw in the OEMs to recognize us as a class site that has integrity.

Also JC feels it is very important to bring back integrity back to the "Tour" equipment. The last year or so has been bad for the consumer as it relates to the authenticity of many different tour clubs. We believe we must set a high bar and help inform our membership what is authentic PGA tour equipment and what is not. Doing this while we stick to our rules and principles is the delicate line we walk.

I need to trust the info I am reading the best I can, and I also want to feel integrity and so level of pride in my affiliation with a site. I was very proud to be a member of GO and would go out of my way for them. I trusted their character, and we will allow the membership to learn to trust our character.

We have many modifications coming. New skin in the next week or so, followed by many others. We hope membership continues to grow to allow the types of Pics and info we are customed to.

3578[/snapback]

TITLEIST TSI3 9* - HZRDUS T1100 HANDMADE 6.0 
PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70X
PING G410 17* & 19* - MITZ TENSEI BLUE X & EF BLACK X
SRIXON ZX7's - 4-PW w/SPECIAL, TOUR ISSUE, BLACK KBS TOUR V 125'S
CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM

SCOTTY CAMERON 2001 TOUR ISSUE 3x CHOCOLATE NEWPORT BEACH
2017 BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1'X

Wow thanks for the detalied reply, I have chosen your site over so many more, such as BSG, GO, GR, and so on, something about it grabs my attention, one more question were are the owners of the forums based, eventually I would lvoe to buy some tour products but I live in the UK and this has always been a problem?

Also how did you guys grow so quick are you listed in google it takes most golf sites a year or so to get this amonut of members what is your secret to sucess?

Wow thanks for the detalied reply, I have chosen your site over so many more, such as BSG, GO, GR, and so on, something about it grabs my attention, one more question were are the owners of the forums based, eventually I would lvoe to buy some tour products but I live in the UK and this has always been a problem?

Also how did you guys grow so quick are you listed in google it takes most  golf sites a year or so to get this amonut of members what is your secret to sucess?

3595[/snapback]

Adam,

How did you hear about our site and what features do you like about it?

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
BST AD Help

Adam,

3610[/snapback]

I am from Ireland just to let you know.

I heard about this site through, a golf forum called shottalk as someone posted a link there.

I like this site because the forums ae good the people are friendly the talk is good the design is good and it will eventually be a big forum, the only thing I would change would consider using vbulletin software I personally fell it is a little better and it others seem to liek it better, also LET GUEST VIEW THE BOARD THEY NEED A TEST DRIVE! Trust me form my forum days it will bring in more members.

• 1 month later...
Adam,

3610[/snapback]

I am from Ireland just to let you know.

I heard about this site through, a golf forum called shottalk as someone posted a link there.

I like this site because the forums ae good the people are friendly the talk is good the design is good and it will eventually be a big forum, the only thing I would change would consider using vbulletin software I personally fell it is a little better and it others seem to liek it better, also LET GUEST VIEW THE BOARD THEY NEED A TEST DRIVE! Trust me form my forum days it will bring in more members.

3657[/snapback]

Golfer adam, welcome to the site and thanks for your suggestions.

• 1 month later...

It hard to believe its only be a few months since we started. Those of you here at the beginning have probably noticed a few changes. Well, we are just getting started. We are working on another navigation method for people who don't like or can't use the right click function and we've got a few more things that will hopefully make your website experience here better. Don't forget we have a chat room now and for those wanting to know all of the features of the site, don't forget to check out our help section located here:

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?act=Help

BST AD Help

It hard to believe its only be a few months since we started.  Those of you here at the beginning have probably noticed a few changes.  Well, we are just getting started.  We are working on another navigation method for people who don't like or can't use the right click function and we've got a few more things that will hopefully make your website experience here better.  Don't forget we have a chat room now and for those wanting to know all of the features of the site, don't forget to check out our help section located here:

20893[/snapback]

I have a Mac at home and never noticed the right click, but that is real handy! Does it work on Macs with Crtl-Click?

It hard to believe its only be a few months since we started.  Those of you here at the beginning have probably noticed a few changes.  Well, we are just getting started.  We are working on another navigation method for people who don't like or can't use the right click function and we've got a few more things that will hopefully make your website experience here better.  Don't forget we have a chat room now and for those wanting to know all of the features of the site, don't forget to check out our help section located here:

20893[/snapback]

I have a Mac at home and never noticed the right click, but that is real handy! Does it work on Macs with Crtl-Click?

20950[/snapback]

Unfortunately not. But, hopefully you will like the new menu system we will have that may be just as handy.

BST AD Help

I LOVE THIS SITE !!! :idhitit:

21032[/snapback]

We want to point out and thank our members and Affilates who have helped us grow our site. In no particular order, SirShaksAlot.com, Tourspecgolf.com, and TheSandTrap.com. Each is bringing a unique perspective to our site. We also can't thank the member's enough who bring the latest information and pictures to this site.

BST AD Help