2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Confessions 12 --- Exploding Heads

Conrad1953

Hey, Ill make that trip anytime buddy. Be more than happy to see those Miuras in person haha

My niece in Raleigh is going to get married soon. I will be out there. Maybe we can meet halfway at Myrtle Beach and get BIG STU in on it.

Sorry but neither of my Miura sets will ever be loaded onto a plane. I only bring my mp67s onto planes. LOL I have seen some horror stories on WRX threads about the airlines ruining bags during handling...not gonna risk that on Miura clubs.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

Hey, Ill make that trip anytime buddy. Be more than happy to see those Miuras in person haha

My niece in Raleigh is going to get married soon. I will be out there. Maybe we can meet halfway at Myrtle Beach and get BIG STU in on it.

Sorry but neither of my Miura sets will ever be loaded onto a plane. I only bring my mp67s onto planes. LOL I have seen some horror stories on WRX threads about the airlines ruining bags during handling...not gonna risk that on Miura clubs.

that sounds like a plan and I completely understand that one haha. Traveling on a plane, I would only pack the Macs. I also won a putter from that Q&A with Cleveland apparently so I think Ill make that my travel putter as well (although I'm sure I will play plenty with it here as well).

Forever Changing at this point.......

Bummer, the season is winding down. We have two big storms lined up off the coast and are expecting as much as foot of rain. My last couple of rounds I couldn't really get anything going. A bunch of stubbed chips and bad putts result in throwing strokes away... This might be the year to actually do some training over the off season.

Bummer, the season is winding down. We have two big storms lined up off the coast and are expecting as much as foot of rain. My last couple of rounds I couldn't really get anything going. A bunch of stubbed chips and bad putts result in throwing strokes away... This might be the year to actually do some training over the off season.

Today was the first morning in a while where I had my windshield wipers on maximum. It is pouring buckets now. (Good thing we played when we did.) I'm assuming my baby blades are put away for the rainy season. 'Training' with my Retro TBs and mp67s begins...

Registered Bladeocrat

Today was the first morning in a while where I had my windshield wipers on maximum. It is pouring buckets now. (Good thing we played when we did.) I'm assuming my baby blades are put away for the rainy season. 'Training' with my Retro TBs and mp67s begins...

Looks like you guys will get hammered on the West side! Hope you don't have too much flooding and trees down and power out with the wind and rain predicted. I guess it's our turn out West ;)

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

Ninja, I'll be out there at some point! I don't know if I'm long enough to keep up with Master Dan, but I'll try!

Papa, I'd love to play some golf out on the East Coast, I've never been further "east" than Houston lol. Someday, I need to make some cheddar so I can afford the trip. It would be fun though!

Scotee, good to see you Sir, hope all is well!

I'm seriously struggling to stay patient being so close to the end of my legal saga... my "off season" has been almost 3 years long LOL that's crazy! I'm ready to get the show on the road.

In other news, got into more Olympic lifting here at home along with some crossfit workouts. For instance I did this crazy workout the other day, 10 minutes of jump rope, 50 pull ups, 200 push ups, 300 air squats, and another 10 minutes of jump rope to finish. I have no life lol. I was supposed to do a 100 pull ups, but I have no pull up bar so I have to hang of the side of my house to do pull ups. Think Ninja Warrior cliff hanger pull ups, only the fingers over the ledge.

LOL Palauan Ninja, if your golf career is a bust, you could be the first Ninja Warrior golfer.

I confess I am fascinated with the show(s).

Registered Bladeocrat

LOL Palauan Ninja, if your golf career is a bust, you could be the first Ninja Warrior golfer.

I'd have train much harder to compete LOL, those guys and gals are pretty fit. But the common theme I see where people fail is grip strength. These "cliff hanger" pull ups as I call them combined with hang cleans (olympic lift) will absolutely kill your grip and forearms. I can say that I'm more fit than ever, I have been stronger, but I feel more athletic now. Excited to see how this improves my golf game, I feel like my swing speed has increased, the whoosh sound is much louder now.

I love Am. Ninja Warrior, BUT I really miss the original Japan version that used to show on G4, that's also when Olivia Munn was co hosting "Attack of the Show" :wub: . The new one is aight but when that one commentator guy says "American Ninja Warrior" when they go to break I crack up it's so dramatic :D The show is still kick @ss though :ninja:

I'd have train much harder to compete LOL, those guys and gals are pretty fit. But the common theme I see where people fail is grip strength. These "cliff hanger" pull ups as I call them combined with hang cleans (olympic lift) will absolutely kill your grip and forearms. I can say that I'm more fit than ever, I have been stronger, but I feel more athletic now. Excited to see how this improves my golf game, I feel like my swing speed has increased, the whoosh sound is much louder now.

I love Am. Ninja Warrior, BUT I really miss the original Japan version that used to show on G4, that's also when Olivia Munn was co hosting "Attack of the Show" :wub: . The new one is aight but when that one commentator guy says "American Ninja Warrior" when they go to break I crack up it's so dramatic :D The show is still kick @ss though :ninja:

Olivia Munn? Seriously? (Not a fan.)

The Japanese quirky humor and contestant originality was much better, but the American actual athleticism is better than the Japanese show. I like both, but there is something about the original that was lost when it went American.

And yeah finger tip pull ups and rock climbing will get your wrists STRONG...great for golf!

Registered Bladeocrat

The Japanese quirky humor and contestant originality was much better, but the American actual athleticism is better than the Japanese show. I like both, but there is something about the original that was lost when it went American.

And yeah finger tip pull ups and rock climbing will get your wrists STRONG...great for golf!

LOL, Olivia Munn was hot at that point in time, I was few years out of high school. I still think she's gorgeous though. Maybe I'm weird LOL, I a big Jennifer Connelly fan as well! :)

Here's hoping we get SOME rain down here... weather report for next week: 94/92/90 and 80's the rest of the time. We could use some winter and less summer, thanks!

I wish I could send some of our rain your way, we're surrounded by tropical depressions at the moment. We keep getting lucky here, but I'm afraid luck is gonna run out.

LOL, Olivia Munn was hot at that point in time, I was few years out of high school. I still think she's gorgeous though. Maybe I'm weird LOL, I a big Jennifer Connelly fan as well! :)

I prefer blondes but Jennifer Connolly is the type of beauty that transcends any petty bias like that. Her bedroom eyes are gorgeous and she has a killer body. And she can act. She was tragically beautiful in Requiem for a Dream and gave an awesome supporting role performance. She was as good as Ellen Burstyn in it. I am a BIG fan.

Registered Bladeocrat

All I'll say, and this applies to me, "beggars can't be choosers" LOL

I'm impartial :)

Ninja, I completely agree, I think the combo of timeless beauty and excellence in her craft make her easily at the top of my list of most beautiful women. Beauty is great, but I also like brains and passion maybe even more. Oh yeah, and self confidence. Basically they should have everything I don't have haha

We just got a Dick's sporting goods last weekend was the grand opening. Everybody in my office had been, so I went in the rain yesterday afternoon. Taped up a G30 with a Ping stiff shaft. It felt pretty sweet. Brand new store and the launch monitor doesn't have angle of attack? Still swinging 96 to 99 mph. Pretty pedestrian.

We just got a Dick's sporting goods last weekend was the grand opening. Everybody in my office had been, so I went in the rain yesterday afternoon. Taped up a G30 with a Ping stiff shaft. It felt pretty sweet. Brand new store and the launch monitor doesn't have angle of attack? Still swinging 96 to 99 mph. Pretty pedestrian.

Dicks launch monitors are awful. I think ours uses a vector or some POS.

Dicks launch monitors are awful. I think ours uses a vector or some POS.

That's why you gotta hit a known club vs the Dick's club and just look at the relative differences in all the data.

I was in a Dick's the other day and made the mistake of perusing their golf area...that is 10 min of my life I will never get back. All I saw were FUGLY clubs made from multiple materials in the head...SMH at the state of the industry these days...

Registered Bladeocrat

PJ, I suck royally hitting into an indoor screen off a crappy mat. Even if I compared results like this with a known club, I would still want to hit the new club outside off real turf.

A lot of that indoor monitor stuff is just to give the ignorant golfer the IMPRESSION that there is actual 'data' to prove the new 'technology' you are testing. The only problem is that none of the testing and 'data' collection actually follows any scientific and statistically valid comparison test. It's simply expected that the golfer be ignorant of the fact that the sim may not actually reflect a real world result...they should just "trust" it!!!

(SMH × a bazillion)

Registered Bladeocrat

Same here on indoor monitors, I've been on a coupe when I visit Seattle, it's strange. I'm really hoping to get on a Trackman someday and so I can understand my swing a little more, and get exact numbers for distance. I'm not sure if we have one yet out here though, they did open a nice Jack Nicklaus golf academy up at one of my favorite courses, I'm sure they have a monitor of some kind.

Congrats on the Dick's there MJ, it is nice to be able to see things first hand before buying, plus they usually have sales on apparel, golf balls, etc.

One last thing, I was in the golf ball section last night and read up on Kirkland Signature golf balls, 4 piece urethane ball, 2 dozen for 29.99. Apparently they're just as good as any other premium golf ball. I might have to check those out LOL, those balls will match nicely with my Kirkland bottles of water.

Papa, hope all is well out your way Brother!! That was a ton of rain you guys got there!!!

Alright, this kid, Jacob Collier is a musical GENIUS. I'm beyond impressed, he composes, arranges, plays every instrument (very well too) and I seriously have no words to describe him. He gives me hope for the future of music. His style is different but good grief he's got soul.

Here's his version of Bert Bacharach's "Close to you"

Ya man we are good. A lot of courses in Charleston are back up and running as normal. Where stu is not so much. The great thing is that the weather couldn't be better. Breezy and staying in the 80s most of the day. The morning and evenings are a bit chilly (at least chilly for me haha around 65 ish). I know that's not cold for a lot of you guys but I've become very used to the heat.

The worst part of the storm (for me obviously as some are truly hurting and that saddens me) is that the fishing has dropped a little in the surf. Yes 1st world prob and I know it pales in comparison to surrounding areas but it still sucks haha.

Hambone, if I had the big coupon everyone was using 100 bucks off of 300 then I probably would have bought 3 or 4 pairs of pants and a dozen balls or so to make it over 300. But, I didn't really feel like trying on 4 or 5 pairs of pants anyways. The store is brand new and the hard goods was still pretty much junk. I was a bit curious about the new Cleveland wedges but they didn't have the different grinds in the ones I'd be interested in seeing. Small town like this people get stoked about the big box coming into town.

I know my numbers pretty well, and the monitor seemed reasonable. I was more focused on the kick of the shaft and I know those Ping shafts are pretty good for OEM offerings.

That's good to hear Papa!! Glad all is well out your way!

MJ, those new Cleveland wedges are pretty nice! I hate that they don't offer certain grinds and finishes in LH, but it's nothing new lol

Speaking of pants and shirts, I actually ordered a bunch of stuff online from Sportsdirect. They're in the UK so shipping kinda killed me a bit but at 6 dollars a piece for shirts, pants and shorts (all Dunlop) I felt the shipping would still be worth it. I had to buy new clothes recently because all my old clothes are way too big now, I went from a 36 waist to 32 in the last couple years.

Surely I'm wasting a perfect opportunity to mind my own business. Would "Ship Sticks" be a worthy alternative?

After all, it IS their business to deliver on schedule and without damage/loss.

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

Surely I'm wasting a perfect opportunity to mind my own business. Would "Ship Sticks" be a worthy alternative?

After all, it IS their business to deliver on schedule and without damage/loss.

I still don't wanna risk leaving my Miuras in anyone else's care. I'm OCD like that.

LOL I just got my baby blades back from lie adjustments, and I confess that even at my fitter for 2 days gave me separation anxiety.

Registered Bladeocrat